Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

3 minutes ago, Gadgetman! said:

I find that black pudding is the best option for improving iron Levels. That, and Vitamin C because it helps Your body absorb the iron.   

Note, that black pudding, black sausage or whatever it's called where you live should be sliced thinly, then fried at a low to medium heat in plenty of butter or oil. 

Do NOT use high heat as you'll only end up with a hard outer crust and a soggy middle. You want neither of those...

Serve With mashed potatoes, fries or pan-fried potatoe Slices, and possibly a salad... (I always have salad, and a good dollop of Thousand Island dressing)

And now I'm suddenly hungry...   

And it's just a couple of hours since I had a big helping of BBQ meats With lots of side dishes.

The owners of the Office building I work in always serve up a free BBQ meal in June, before anyone goes on vacation. And it's not just for the employees, but for any of our guests, too. And the carpenters doing a remodel up on the 3rd floor got 'orders' to move their behinds down to the cantina, too... 

(There's quite a few more Meetings held on this day than normal... )

Black Pudding sliced thin, fried but with a slice of apple on it!

Sooo goood

Do fry that apple with it!

• Like 2

I came here to make a passing comment about how weird I am, but y'all are talking about eating blood sausages. So. I don't know. I guess I'm still pretty weird.

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

3 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

I'm not an expert like @Cyradis, but in my experience rocks are much more likely to cause a bleeding nose...

I think you are thinking of the APPLICATION of the rock to the nose instead of the composition of the rock... 

and...

GOOD GOOGLY MORNIN' Y'ALL!!!

• Haha 6

So it seems my bottle of primer is the cause of the problem, since the liner dried perfectly, while the primered bones mini is tacky as all sin.  That sucks, but at least now I've found the culprit... 

• Like 5

Had a dream last night I was crashing a wedding reception with a cash buffet ... at Reaper Headquarters.  And I was carrying hammers. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

5 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

Had a dream last night I was crashing a wedding reception with a cash buffet ... at Reaper Headquarters.  And I was carrying hammers. 

Like you do.

What?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Like you do.

What?

That was exactly my thought on waking up. 

The dream was a lot weirder than that, but I thought you guys would get a kick out of the wedding reception being held at Reaper. 

• Like 8

Some idiot got the 2026 world cup scheduled for the meadowlands. I have already told work I am taking off that week so I can be nowhere near here when it happens.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Sounds like the father isn't bringing enough lack of sympathy to the table. It's one of the most important things fathers do. (Really; not intended as a joke.)

Actually, that's part of the problem. He's super strict with them about stupid stuff, lets actual serious stuff slide, and if anyone else even so much as hints at disparaging them, he goes all "white knight". Like, he treats them so much worse, yet he acts like everyone else is the problem. He's a freakin idiot. 

Whatever. I've decided that that part of my family doesn't need to be in my life. Every time we interact with that part of my family, they treat my husband like crap. They're so embarrassing.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

We went to the primaries before I headed off to the kids game - the candidate I voted for in the gubernatorial primary netted 4% of the vote.

But ranked balloting clocked in at 54%, so Maine will be keeping it. ::):  Long term, that is more important.

The kids game was a lot of fun - Sam called on her eidolon for the first time - then almost screamed when it was all mushroomy. ::P: (She is the mold speaker in the campaign. The psionic maguffin didn't just attach itself to her - it got her eidolon too.)

But... remember how way back when I had commented on how goal oriented the kids are?

Well, apparently that does not much pertain to Gypsies Land Pirates. :lol:

The Auld Grump

• Like 5
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, Gadgetman! said:

I find that black pudding is the best option for improving iron Levels. That, and Vitamin C because it helps Your body absorb the iron.   

Note, that black pudding, black sausage or whatever it's called where you live should be sliced thinly, then fried at a low to medium heat in plenty of butter or oil. 

Do NOT use high heat as you'll only end up with a hard outer crust and a soggy middle. You want neither of those...

Serve With mashed potatoes, fries or pan-fried potatoe Slices, and possibly a salad... (I always have salad, and a good dollop of Thousand Island dressing)

And now I'm suddenly hungry...   

And it's just a couple of hours since I had a big helping of BBQ meats With lots of side dishes.

The owners of the Office building I work in always serve up a free BBQ meal in June, before anyone goes on vacation. And it's not just for the employees, but for any of our guests, too. And the carpenters doing a remodel up on the 3rd floor got 'orders' to move their behinds down to the cantina, too... 

(There's quite a few more Meetings held on this day than normal... )

You can also dip the slices of black pudding in batter, and deep fry them.

The Auld Grump

At work, our manager is being shifted to a smaller store, and the main assistant manager is moving up to be manager - trust me, this. is a good thing.

Our manager had risen to his level of incompetence. The new manager is going to be the first female manager in the chain, and is a hell of a lot more competent. (And should have been made manager in the first place.)

Moving the old manager to a smaller store will probably put him back into a job that he can handle.

The Auld Grump

• Like 11

Morning All.

I hope that @Cyradis is having a super morning.

Of course I hope the same for everybody but Cyrandis having a day that will affect much of her future career gets extra good thoughts.

It's Honey-Do Day so I get to do some fetch and carry work at the lodge.

Y-all play nice and I'll see you this afternoon/evening.

GEM

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Thinking positive thoughts for @Cyradis!

Work is... Blah today. Just can't get my brain in gear for it. Muddling through. At least its lunch time, and I can check in on you weirdos. ::D:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Now that I've found the culprit for my tacky priming (but only sometimes), that then causes paint to flake (or apparently rub off) several weeks later....  All I want to do is paint and of course I'm at work. 

Hurry up next five hours, I wanna go home and paint! ^_^

• Like 7

Creative theses defenses are the boss. Get everybody together, read for thirty minutes, and then go get drunk. Ta-da, you're a graduate.

• Like 7