Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

1 minute ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Now that I've found the culprit for my tacky priming (but only sometimes), that then causes paint to flake (or apparently rub off) several weeks later....  All I want to do is paint and of course I'm at work. 

Hurry up next five hours, I wanna go home and paint! ^_^

I so know this feeling...

Lunch finished. Time for more coffee.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Crowley said:

I so know this feeling...

Lunch finished. Time for more coffee.

I could go for another coffee...  So weird being the guy who brings coffee to others but only has like two mugs a day of the stuff..... :p

Edit: but yeah, I'm thinking prime about ten or so murderous rats...  Sounds like fun.  Oh, and a few gnolls, werewolves, and a dragon too. 

Might even do some actual painting ^_^

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

Um, lady, the reason the amounts in your spreadsheet aren't adding up to the amounts the equipment report shows is because you have a typo in your spreadsheet, probably in Column H.  Since all you sent me was a screen shot of your spreadsheet, i can't tell you if the typo is data entry or in a formula.  But I can tell you that IT IS DEFINITELY NOT THE EQUIPMENT YOU MORON!

Well, OK, I can't tell you exactly that, which is why I'm posting that part here.

I can't wait to get back to painting either - I have 30 Bones skeletons that are finally going to be completed soon.   Started them before I moved last year, finally getting back to them. 

• Like 11
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, kristof65 said:

Had a dream last night I was crashing a wedding reception with a cash buffet ... at Reaper Headquarters.  And I was carrying hammers. 

I had one several weeks ago where I was wandering around the the Reaper parking lot. 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, kristof65 said:

Had a dream last night I was crashing a wedding reception with a cash buffet ... at Reaper Headquarters.  And I was carrying hammers. 

I'm confused by the hammers...

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Clearman said:

I'm confused by the hammers...

Then I won't tell you about the rail mounted street sweeper that was stealing my hammers. ::D:

Ever had one of those dreams that starts getting so weird that you actually wake up from it because even your dreaming mind can't handle the illogic?  This was one of those.   Not unusual for me, what's unusual is that I'm telling people about one.  But hey, wedding receptions at Reaper HQ - that just can't go unmentioned. 

Edited by kristof65
  • Like 6
  • Haha 6

15 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

Then I won't tell you about the rail mounted street sweeper that was stealing my hammers. ::D:

Ever had one of those dreams that starts getting so weird that you actually wake up from it because even your dreaming mind can't handle the illogic?  This was one of those.   Not unusual for me, what's unusual is that I'm telling people about one.  But hey, wedding receptions at Reaper HQ - that just can't go unmentioned. 

I very rarely remember my dreams.  I'm pretty sure I do dream - I've had a couple sleep studies performed and they all recorded REM sleep - I just never remember the content.

When I do remember a dream, it's usually pretty intense and are usually stress related.  The last batch occurred during some particularly bad times at work and I kept dreaming I was sinking in a pit of snakes.  Once the issue was resolved (I left for another employer), the dreams stopped.

• Like 6

Ah cool, the powers that be sent out an internal email about what many in our company would describe as a "hell freezing over" situation (aka partnership with an "enemy" company we pretty much compete with directly in some markets)... 

... But how odd, I can't find the public version of it so can't be silly about it.  No idea why they'd email it out first before public announcement is made o_O  ....Which is odd, because us front line staff aren't under any NDA's... 

Still wanting to paint like nobody's business though o_O

• Like 3

12 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Silly purple hound thing wouldn't take white primer, even when washed three times good and deeply scrubbed, not to mention even with the primer not having any thinning going on. 

Assuming Reaper primer, I'd suggest reporting the issue to them.  Last I heard, they think Bones minis will accept MSP primer without issue.  It is only spray primers, paints and sealers they caution against.  Hopefully they'll do more testing if they get reports like this.

• Like 2

Well... I survived. My adviser is pleased. My committee member who Skyped in from Switzerland asked me a lot of questions, but good and fair questions, and seemed content in the end. The physics professor on my committee blustered and asked questions that didn't seem grounded in reality, but did prompt me to improve upon one aspect. Not sure he was happy, but probably will be after talking to the others. He had to take off right after the presentation so he didn't get to talk with my adviser right away; official "passed" or not is technically still up in the air. Pretty sure I passed though. 

Now I get to make some edits and tweaks, submit the thesis, and then trim the heck out of it to submit for publication to a mineralogical journal. 

Had a beermosa for brunch. Dunno if I should take a nap now or not.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 5

4 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

Well... I survived. My adviser is pleased. My committee member who Skyped in from Switzerland asked me a lot of questions, but good and fair questions, and seemed content in the end. The physics professor on my committee blustered and asked questions that didn't seem grounded in reality, but did prompt me to improve upon one aspect. Not sure he was happy, but probably will be after talking to the others. He had to take off right after the presentation so he didn't get to talk with my adviser right away; official "passed" or not is technically still up in the air. Pretty sure I passed though. 

Now I get to make some edits and tweaks, submit the thesis, and then trim the heck out of it to submit for publication to a mineralogical journal. 

Glad it went well!

I'm not sure about taking a nap but I would recommend relaxing.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

No nap.  More beermosa.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Serenity said:

Assuming Reaper primer, I'd suggest reporting the issue to them.  Last I heard, they think Bones minis will accept MSP primer without issue.  It is only spray primers, paints and sealers they caution against.  Hopefully they'll do more testing if they get reports like this.

I'm thinking that it's a bad bottle, or something.  Mixed the living daylights out of it, and while it seemed to flow like usual off the brush, when you rinsed the brush instead of thinning out in water like every other paint does (it does that wispy kinda thing as it's colour spreads out in your water) it would do such for about 95% of the paint, and then there would be an odd splotch set of pigment that was a pinhead thick blob, lasting for several more seconds before dissipating. 

Either that or I didn't rinse the mini off enough after washing it, but the fact the paint pretty much refuse to stick unless absolutely slathered on..... Hard to say. 

• Like 2