Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

6 hours ago, Froggy the Great said:

I left Rochester 11 years ago because it had  no economy other than Xerox and the UofR.  Good to see it's improved.

I don't know that it really has, but compared to where they currently live it's a bit better. Here in our part of WV the top job prospects are basically just WVU and Mylan. And if you've got a family member that already works at Mylan, regardless of how distant they are, your job prospects are basically just WVU.

I just know that she's moving up there to take a job in Fairport as a "Care Manager," whatever that means. Also, she's originally from the Rochester area, so for her she's basically moving back home. Her boyfriend is going to hate it, though, because he's a WV country boy born and raised. Just the differences in gun laws will probably drive him insane.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Clearman said:

No nap.  More beermosa.

@Cyradis definitely this!!

Or just beer... *shrug* but I'm kinda anti adding things to beer.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, kristof65 said:

That was exactly my thought on waking up. 

The dream was a lot weirder than that, but I thought you guys would get a kick out of the wedding reception being held at Reaper. 

If I thought I could have gotten the relevant parties to agree to it, I would have planned my wedding at Reaper HQ.

Sadly, I think I'm the only person involved who would support that plan. :down:

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Clearman said:

I'm confused by the hammers...

Don't worry, they're just for the Anvil Chorus.  I will refrain from linking one.  ::D:

<ahem>  CONGRATULATIONS CYRADIS!!!  

Been avoiding dealing with real world stuff by re-reading Girl Genius.  I'm about to start the "Second Journey", otherwise known as Book #14.  Probably should deal with some more tidying and party prep.  But oldest brother is going to come down for the party, so that will be a big deal for her.  He's started saying that he feels he's missing out on his little sisters growing up, so he's due for a visit.  :wub: 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Yay, Cyradis! 

--

Man, I have got to stop spacing out. I've been losing so many days. S:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

They have announced changes to our medical insurance at work. For once, they're actually positive changes. If I start going through WVU Healthcare providers my deductibles and coinsurance get cut in half. Sadly, the bad thing is that they've only signed the deal for a 1 year trial period. So I may go through all the hassle of switching doctors to save money just for the savings to vanish next year.

I'm hoping they continue the deal, though, because part of it is an employees-only clinic being opened up, and I'd be able to get my blood work and stuff done on the cheap and with basically no waiting.

Also, I was just informed that for the rest of the summer I'm going to be basically doing nothing at work from 4pm to 9pm when I work the afternoon shift. The parking board members voted to end all meter ticketing during those hours to hopefully boost downtown businesses. So I can only write tickets in the neighborhoods, of which there are generally none.

• Like 9

6 hours ago, kristof65 said:

Had a dream last night I was crashing a wedding reception with a cash buffet ... at Reaper Headquarters.  And I was carrying hammers. 

My dream last night was that I was running an espionage game for the kids.

They were on a stakeout, and were interrupted by a drunk balloon seller that wanted to sell them some balloons - at two AM in the freakin' morning! and wouldn't go away until they did.

They couldn't shout at him - it would attract attention.

They couldn't just buy the balloons - then they would be stuck on stakeout with a couple of dozen brightly colored balloons.

And they couldn't just pop them, because the sound of them popping would attract attention.

Bonus points to anybody under fifty that knows where my brain got the idea.... :lol:

The Auld Grump - just because I know where my brain stole it from does not mean that I do not need to use that encounter at some point. ::D:

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Bonus points to anybody under fifty that knows where my brain got the idea.... :lol:

I'm over 50 and I have no idea...

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

So Humble Bundle has a Frog God Games PDF bundle available, 32 publications which include the Blight and related books, that support the Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society. Not a bad deal to support a decent charity.

• Like 12

I may go and check that out; I've got no idea if I'll use any of it, but Navy/Marine Corps relief helped me out  back when I was still on active duty.

• Like 7

Just now, DocPiske said:

So Humble Bundle has a Frog God Games PDF bundle available, 32 publications which include the Blight and related books, that support the Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society. Not a bad deal to support a decent charity.

A word to the wise - the Pathfinder version of The Blight is 953 pages!

'Not a bad deal' is an understatement of epic proportions. ::D:

Plus... I can honestly say that The Blight may be my all time favorite published setting I am really looking forward to using it as a backdrop to all sorts of dark and horrible adventures.

The Auld Grump - but I will never, ever use it for the kids game....

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

I may go and check that out; I've got no idea if I'll use any of it, but Navy/Marine Corps relief helped me out  back when I was still on active duty.

While I never had to turn to them for help, I did have shipmates they helped out - so I'll have to check it out as well. 

So as of today, over the last month, I've had three separate employees at the company I contract with give me "don't tell anyone, because it's not official yet" info that one of the partners is no longer with the company.  The funniest part is that I was told this information by an outside vendor who's friends with the partner two months ago, and have said nothing to no one.   Well, until I told you guys.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Just going to leave this here, and walk run away....

The Auld Grump - a carnival is setting up, across the street from where I work... Megan is looking at my least favorite ride with a speculative eye....

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Morihalda said:

Yay, Cyradis! 

--

Man, I have got to stop spacing out. I've been losing so many days. S:

You're not alone in that, I'm trying to figure out what happened that it's suddenly Weds again. 

• Like 4