Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

image.png.c3ed734817e246667c7ccbdff812123c.png

bloody_paws.jpg

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 2:46 PM, Cyradis said:

Well... I survived. My adviser is pleased. My committee member who Skyped in from Switzerland asked me a lot of questions, but good and fair questions, and seemed content in the end. The physics professor on my committee blustered and asked questions that didn't seem grounded in reality, but did prompt me to improve upon one aspect. Not sure he was happy, but probably will be after talking to the others. He had to take off right after the presentation so he didn't get to talk with my adviser right away; official "passed" or not is technically still up in the air. Pretty sure I passed though. 

Now I get to make some edits and tweaks, submit the thesis, and then trim the heck out of it to submit for publication to a mineralogical journal. 

Had a beermosa for brunch. Dunno if I should take a nap now or not.

Congratulations on your defense.  There is always one in any review who seems to think its his job to make life difficult

Rob

• Like 3

4 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

You have pushed the RED button to initiate the Self Destruct Sequence.

You now have fifteen seconds to locate and push the Green button to confirm Initiation.

You have pushed the Green button to confirm Initiation.

You now have fifteen seconds to locate and push the Yellow button to authorize Self Destruct Protocols.

You have pushed the Yellow button to authorize Self Destruct Protocols.

You now have fifteen seconds to....

A clever Evil Genius doesn't even have the system connected to any destructive devices - and sometimes the agent never notices when it loops back around to the RED button.....

The Auld Grump - or the final button activates Mr. Coffee, dispensing a relaxing beverage to the agent, to celebrate the villain's successful escape.

I ran a d&d game for a group of friends where the room after the front door contained nothing but a closed stone door and a small raised plaque. If you touch the plaque, the front door closes and runes glow and start changing in shape on the plaque.  This caused them to panic and they struggled for several minutes to figure it out. Their characters took turns touching the plaque as they attacked the door with weapons and magic. They attempted trap checks and arcana checks and failed some knowledge checks. After wasting spells and exhausting resources, they gave up and let the runes run their course. The stone door slid open after the sequence completed.

With all the commotion and wasted time, they allowed the enemies to fortify, plan, and surround them. I had a lovely time, but boy were they mad about the insignificance of the room. ^.^

• Like 3
  • Haha 11

38 minutes ago, Froggy the Great said:

Brain weasels rising...

WOOF suggest a treaty between WOOF, R.I.B.B.I.T,  MEOW, C.L.A.W.,  B.A.R.F and independents.

Lets call this A.R.F. ( Allied Reaper Forumites) and we will together vow to :

• Utterly destroy all Brainweasels in existence.
  • Slay Monday
  • Bake the perfect Stroopwafel.
  • Like 12

1 minute ago, Glitterwolf said:

WOOF suggest a treaty between WOOF, R.I.B.B.I.T,  MEOW, C.L.A.W.,  B.A.R.F and independents.

• Slay Monday

We could enlist the Dwarves - their battle-waffles are excellent shuriken.

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

Just now, Froggy the Great said:

We could enlist the Dwarves - their battle-waffles are excellent shuriken.

As long as we agree that Elves are food we are ok with this!

Slay the Brainweasels!!!

Destroy Monday!!

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

• Slay Monday

Ok, I don't have anything for the Stroopwafels, but as the first two I have a Plan. 

In painting the minis we bring them life. In gaming with them we give them training. Now we give them purpose.

Now we need some manner of sorcery to allow them access to the collective subconscious where the brain weasels reside.

Imagine if you will, a vast and mighty host of painted minis arrayed for battle in the depths of humanity's groupmind grinding the brain weasels to a fine paste.

Granted this may have a few...side effects. But the obliteration of the brain weasels is well worth the risk of every living human having some rather odd dreams and the urge to paint something. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

7 minutes ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

Ok, I don't have anything for the Stroopwafels, but as the first two I have a Plan. 

In painting the minis we bring them life. In gaming with them we give them training. Now we give them purpose.

Now we need some manner of sorcery to allow them access to the collective subconscious where the brain weasels reside.

Imagine if you will, a vast and mighty host of painted minis arrayed for battle in the depths of humanity's groupmind grinding the brain weasels to a fine paste.

Granted this may have a few...side effects. But the obliteration of the brain weasels is well worth the risk of every living human having some rather odd dreams and the urge to paint something. 

This makes sense to me!

I already paint my miniatures to ensure I will have a huge army to protect me in the afterlife.

Right people!

Paint minis to kill the Brainweasels!

• Like 7

4 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Oh man, that would be absolutely evil, especially if paired with the death trap...  To survive, you must surpass a sequence fifty steps long.  You're allowed one mistake. 

No, my version is that it is just Simon - with the Agent having no idea of how long the sequence has to run...

Or the fact that it is just Simon... the better the Agent, the more time the Villain has to get away....  And the stupider the agent feels when he realizes that there is no self destruct sequence - just the message that the Self Destruct Sequence has been activated....

Best Self Destruct Sequence in the History of Webcomics -

00266193.jpg

00266194.jpg

00266195.jpg

00267236.jpg

00268800.jpg

00273920.jpg

You know the villains are serious when they hire through a temp agency - Skull Girl and the Super Temps.

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 3
  • Haha 6