Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

1 hour ago, SparrowMarie said:

I very much enjoyed Fallout 4, finished the main game but still working through the dlc. Haven't played any of the Witcher games but I hear they're good.

I've heard the first and second have.... Unique controls....  But that they really nailed fluid controls with the third, same with an absolutely epic story. 

59 minutes ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

*Races into the thread and slams his hand down on the wolf’s red button repeatedly*

BWAHAHA!!! I PUSHED IT!!!

56 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

*peeks out from underneath the panel where he was working on the wiring* Say what?

Well, I was going to say he got a pound of cooked bacon, but....  You kind of disabled the bacon dispensing unit and instead made the cake a truth..... 

Anyone know a good source for dropper bottles? I'd like ones like the Reaper bottles. My Amazon searching is failing me, all the ones I'm seeing have broccoli caps. I know I can order them from Reaper but not sure I wanna pay that much for 3 bottles.

What about GreenStuffWorld and Warcolours paint?  They do sell empty bottles, with or without agitators (steel at GSW, glass at Warcolours). 

Edited by WhiteWulfe
Autocorrupt on a phone..
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Went to the dentist, excuse me Oral Surgeon, this afternoon to have an implant put in and part of the aftercare instructions:

Dr: No hot foods tonight, only cool or cold.

Me: So, Rootbeer Float for dinner, gotcha.

Dr.: That sounds pretty good right about now (just after lunch).

Me: Yeah, but mine are made with Hard Rootbeer.

Dr.: Now that sounds really good.

Guess I'm having rootbeer floats for dinner. ::P:

• Like 1
  • Haha 14

Anyone know a good source for dropper bottles? I'd like ones like the Reaper bottles. My Amazon searching is failing me, all the ones I'm seeing have broccoli caps. I know I can order them from Reaper but not sure I wanna pay that much for 3 bottles.

Search "tool gadget plastic dropper bottle" on Amazon

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Last night's dream....

I was running a game, and the PCs found a recently dug grave, with wood crudely lashed together to make a cross - and, being adventurers, went digging to find what was down there.

What they found was a book of thin pale leather, stretched over old wood - with nine rough square iron nails securing the book to the bottom of the grave.....

At which point I woke up, because there is no way any of my players would be stupid enough to pull out the nails and read the book! (Well... maybe in Call of Cthulhu - just because it is obvious that something horrible will happen if you read the book doesn't mean that it is not the best choice....)

If I ever do use the scene in a game, I will start with the probability that the PCs won't read the book, unless they absolutely have to.

The Auld Grump - beneath the red trees is a red church. In the red church stands a red altar. On the red altar lies a red knife. Take the red knife and cut the red bread....

Apropos -

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 8
  • Haha 2

Stacks of pipes and cylindrical concrete visitations have appeared in the area for the last couple of weeks and "No Parking" signs have sprouted up.

Looks like we're getting new water mains.

The next block over is being worked on and our block is "No Parking". During the day the workers' cars are parked out front, with citron vests on the drivers' windows so they don't get towed.

A guy on what looked like a riding circular saw cut two extremely thin lines out front through the pavement just by the curb and about four feet out.

This is our view this evening:

Water-Main-Heavy-Machinery.jpg.261065c622d0ae4d7baccdc5c858a2e3.jpg

• Like 10

I tried to horrify Megan with the video of the bologna cake.

Her reply was 'Two words. Stargazy Pie'.

Hey! I only made it the once! And it was for a steampunk game!

gaf05Gy.jpg

And to be fair - I was the one that ended up eating it.

The Auld Grump - not my picture....

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

On 6/12/2018 at 8:38 AM, Boaz said:

But they are 'mutated' sea bass ...

These sea bass. Are they ill tempered?

latest?cb=20060429014754

Edited by PaganMegan
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

14 minutes ago, Crowley said:

"contains fish" :lol:

@TheAuldGrump How'd it taste? I could go for a savory pie right now... 

Grump seemed to enjoy it. or maybe he enjoyed the way we were looking at him. WHILE he ate it. In character. While I was playing a clockwork girl that would have no reason to be horrified by what he was eating.

He does this. He played a fay that caused milk to curdle, and he mixed ricotta cheese in a milk carton and sealed it back shut again, opening it in game and POURING IT INTO A GLASS AND DRINKING IT! It had CURDS! :blink:

The fish were small, smaller than herring. Maybe some kind of big sardine?  The pie was about pot pie sized, not a full pie pie.

1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:

I've heard the first and second have.... Unique controls....  But that they really nailed fluid controls with the third, same with an absolutely epic story. 

Well, I was going to say he got a pound of cooked bacon, but....  You kind of disabled the bacon dispensing unit and instead made the cake a truth..... 

What about GreenStuffWorld and Warcolours paint?  They do sell empty bottles, with or without agitators (steel at GSW, glass at Warcolours). 

GreenStuffWorld? I need to check that out.

Hunh. I seem to have unplugged the laptop, and now it is out of power. Thank gawd I got what I needed to do done before playing around online.

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

I would not have started watching Shrek if I'd known it'd mean listening to Smash Mouth.

Having said that,

• Like 1

On 6/12/2018 at 10:15 AM, Glitterwolf said:

Dragosaurus, Dracosaurus...hmmm, sounds good..

Diplodragon!

Firebreathing flying T-Rex!

The possibilities!

trexf14.jpg

Edited by PaganMegan
  • Haha 8

46 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:

GreenStuffWorld? I need to check that out.

Hunh. I seem to have unplugged the laptop, and now it is out of power. Thank gawd I got what I needed to do done before playing around online.

I blame @Glitterwolf for tuning me into GreenStuffWorld, as their rollers are quite lovely.  My next order with them will probably have another tube of green stuff, a few more rollers, and some of the crunch/crush plates ^_^

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

I don't recall the first game having controls that were too weird, but it's very much a PC game and so doesn't have controls that you'd be able to easily map to a controller. It's also a rather unforgiving game, in that if you spec into the wrong stuff early it makes progression in the game that much harder. I remember, in my first playthrough attempt, forgoing the Strong stance early on and making the multi-opponent stance my primary because a lot of the early fights involve lots of weaker enemies. So I had points in that, and one or two points in Fast. But then the first time I ran into Trolls or whatever they were in one of the crypts, I was completely unable to beat them. It made me give up on the game for over a year. I went back later and tried it differently, and just by having a few points in the Strong stance I was able to tear through those same trolls with little to no difficulty.

I only got about halfway through the game before I started to lose interest, though. Other games came up, and I played them with friends instead of playing Witcher. And because I don't like playing sequels without playing the originals, I never played Witcher 2 either. I may make an exception to that in the near future, though, and play Witcher 3 when I get my PS4...

• Like 2

Ah, Lithgow. Dude is the best.

They could've really upped the Disney/Nazi themes with his castle, and it would've been awesome.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tripleh5133 said:

Knock Knock.

Special Delivery for WOOF c/o @Glitterwolf

Hide contents

RwAhEEp.thumb.jpg.7867d1630cec18702472a6ac8f093a81.jpg

That's a really blah case of the Mondays...

i mean mean it's just a plain cardboard box, no graphics or decoration of any kind...

I'll see myself out now. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5