Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

1 hour ago, Froggy the Great said:

Aren't Land Pirates more properly just known as "Bandits"?

Close - Gypsies. ::):

The Auld Grump - Megan got back from the baseball... things did not go well for the home team. But at least there were fireworks.

• Like 4

I felt like doing some baking today, so the boy and I made some Black Forest cupcakes.

IMG_20180622_143344810.thumb.jpg.6998c4616f7afd54b6787c881093556c.jpg

And no, the jar of Marmite was not an ingredient in the cupcakes.

• Like 14

If anybody here is playing or running D&D 5e - Humble Bundle has a pretty good bundle running right now.

In particular, the $15 level included the PDFs for the entire Blight setting - that is 954 pages of grim and nasty wonderfulness. By its lonesome, that is worth the price of admission.

Look it up. :devil:

I am in at the $1 level, pretty much just for the 30% off coupon - sometime around Black Friday, I intend to use it to get the hardcover of The Blight... (I have the Pathfinder PDF, worth every penny.)

*EDIT* Whoops - the coupon is only until 15 September this time, and doesn't stack with other discounts. (It is... possible... that some folks abused the coupon last time... saved it up and used it on Black Friday to buy the PDFs for The Blight and Razor Coast, at a steep, steep discount, say....)

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 5

My wallet really hates Greebo.. this is a sneak of their next football team:

35853444_2542604869098858_1172488658347884544_n.thumb.jpg.da7558a08986b557fd21a666e8067725.jpg

Edited by SamuraiJack
  • Like 10

12 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Yummie.

A few years ago when I was in Arizona for work, I had sweet fries, the largest burger I had ever seen and a milkshake, I was stuffed...

Yes, here in 'merica we like our burgers as big as possible! It's actually a challenge to eat the biggest one you can. (The biggest I've seen in person is an 8 inch burger, but I think there's bigger.)

9 hours ago, TGP said:

@Chris Palmer needs to build an idol of this for his Ghostgrave Archipelago terrain set. That needs to happen. 

It's mouth will need to hinge open so we can throw sacrifices into it!

6 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Yes, it would appear that posting YouTube videos is being problematic right now....

I've noticed this for about a week. YouTube videos show up as a picture with the play button, no link, no playing.

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, Dai-Mongar said:

Whatever jar it comes in, it's vile. Wife's the one who eats it in our house.

SLANDER!

Although, truthfully, I don't know how New Zealand Marmite tastes, because they don't use the same recipe. Supposedly it's sweeter, which I can see as an issue for something that's a very savory, salty flavor. I'd be willing to give it a shot, though.

Also, and I'm not saying you do this, I've found that there's a large number of people who dislike Marmite because in their first and only experience they treated it like jam or something and just slathered it on. That just results in a super-intense, super-salty flavor pile that just overloads everything and is super nasty. Even as a fan of the stuff I can't do that. Very, very thin layers are how it's done. Or adding it to soups and stews to bolster the flavor. It really is one of those things where you can honestly use the phrase "a little dab will do ya." 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, SamuraiJack said:

My wallet really hates Greebo.. this is a sneak of their next football team:

35853444_2542604869098858_1172488658347884544_n.thumb.jpg.da7558a08986b557fd21a666e8067725.jpg

What is sort of creature is it supposed to be? 

Goblinoid, Lizardman, Trollkin, or ....Daemon ???

• Like 4

Family made it to her mother's house. They're waiting for a table at the local sushi place.

• Like 6

Brutus threw up...fine otherwise. Maybe too excited from all the lady dogs in season....

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 1
  • Sad 7

17 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Brutus threw up...fine otherwise. Maybe too excited from all the ladg dogs in season....

There was a plane crash a few days ago about 100 miles from ReaperHQ. Four onboard. Three humans and Gizmo the Boxer. 

The Cessna ended up inverted resting on its wing, tail crumpled. All survived(1) but Gizmo was last seen running into the woods ::(:

Edited by TGP
(1) No fatalities; less than $1M in damaged equipment. I think it is only a Class B mishap.
  • Sad 10