next question:

Stellaris or Galactic Civilization 3?

Yes!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

Thanks for the heads up. 

next question:

Stellaris or Galactic Civilization 3?

GC3 with a 70% off coupon.  Wonder if it would stack with steam sale discount lol (not that I can check, I already have the third one, hence why I was surprised at the coupon in the first place) 

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:

False dichotomy.

::D:

11 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Yes!

Ya'll are not helping my wallet nor time management... ::P:

• Haha 9

I can't speak to Stellaris - but Gal Civ III is a thief of time. Play for just ten minutes, look up and somehow it is four hours later, and you really need to go to the bathroom.

The Auld Grump

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

9 hours ago, Unruly said:

SLANDER!

Although, truthfully, I don't know how New Zealand Marmite tastes, because they don't use the same recipe. Supposedly it's sweeter, which I can see as an issue for something that's a very savory, salty flavor. I'd be willing to give it a shot, though.

Also, and I'm not saying you do this, I've found that there's a large number of people who dislike Marmite because in their first and only experience they treated it like jam or something and just slathered it on. That just results in a super-intense, super-salty flavor pile that just overloads everything and is super nasty. Even as a fan of the stuff I can't do that. Very, very thin layers are how it's done. Or adding it to soups and stews to bolster the flavor. It really is one of those things where you can honestly use the phrase "a little dab will do ya." 

It's actually not bad with something else to go with it, like on crackers with avocado or in a chip sandwich. But on its own... yeah, nah.

• Like 5

This diorama is taking forever, I keep finding things I need, like a different color of flocking, modge podge glue, or 220 grit sandpaper (okay found some of the las buried in garage) 

maybe ill come hang out on the forums to restore my motivation 

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Three Words:

STEAM SUMMER SALE

Or  -get xcom2 instead  

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Evilhalfling said:

This diorama is taking forever, I keep finding things I need, like a different color of flocking, modge podge glue, or 220 grit sandpaper (okay found some of the las buried in garage) 

Or  -get xcom2 instead  

If it helps mod podge is basically watered down PVA glue. 1 cup glue to 1/3 cup water should make a good substitute.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

OK, Broccoli you @Doug Sundseth and @Glitterwolf.  I went ahead and signed up for Steam and bought both.

Do you know how long I've been resisting signing up for Steam and buying anything? And then, when I tried to keep it to just ONE game, oh no, you told me to go all in. ^_^

I hate you.  Or at least I will when I come back from these games... :devil:

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

33 minutes ago, Evilhalfling said:

Or  -get xcom2 instead  

Let me think about it... get X-Com 2 or drive a nail through my foot... decisions, decisions... Hand me the hammer, would you?

To say that I was underwhelmed by the remake of X-Com is an understatement of the first water. After twenty years, the AI for the aliens should be better, not worse.

And locking to a script made it less entertaining for any later play through.

X-Com 2 is on my list of 'Games to get after Hell freezes over'.

Ah, well... just spent fifteen minutes chasing a house centipede around with a paper cup, so I could take it outside before it wound up inside (of a cat).

The thing could climb out faster than I could put it in. ::P:

Sooo looking forward to tonight's game!  Will the party split up again? Can we find the building that might contain the vital clues to what the hell happened? Will we manage to stay hidden from the flying whatever-it-is?

And what about Naomi?

Stay tuned!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3wdbkO3jic

The Auld Grump

• Like 7

Taking a break from cleaning, I've gotten a good chunk done. Still a ways to go though. (Sorry for the broccoli photo, camera on the tablet isn't very good.)

1529702773898695291927.thumb.jpg.84fed8a56314e86d7b2705379fd76138.jpg

• Like 10

6 hours ago, LittleBluberry said:

Survived the invasion of teenagers.  Unfortunately the birthday girl dislocated her kneecap and has a doctor's appointment today due to the large amount of swelling.  This has happened before, but the time she had this much swelling and pain she had a partial ligament tear.  Really, really hoping that this isn't the case right now, it would be terribly inconvenient.  

I hope it's not too bad!

Also, looks like someone has a game to go buy....

1724665127_hellfrozeover.jpg.7268a4eb1453efeb5b1ab307f82322cf.jpg

::P:

• Haha 8

23 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

There are times that it is very easy to remember that Sam is only ten years old - her variant of a Gas Spore....

A flying sphere containing bees....

Yep... she went there. Attacked a low level party with a bee holder.

Somehow, I feel that I am to blame, somewhere. :blink:

The Auld Grump - and the pride she had when writing me about it.... :lol:

Megan's description - 'A pinata full of bees!

That would be a heck of a surprise to pull on the party! Birthday, adventuring, whatever....

The Auld Grump

• Like 3
  • Haha 4