Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

Arrrgh! I can’t find my pin vise so I can’t pin my minis. *mutter grumble fuss* 

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

So I need something that helps closing a wound and maybe taste so bad that he will leave it alone.

That exists for humans. This stuff:

919KsFh7gzL._SY355_.jpg

It smells like clear nail polish, dries clear, it can sting a little. That ^ was Amazon’s Picture. No idea if a similar product is available in Netherlands / EU. 

9 hours ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

I found my 3DS Last Night!

... and Mr. Mouse is going to get me a new exacto knife!!

Where was it hiding? (I found something that had managed to hide today. That is such a good feeling.)

Edited by TGP
Needed picture.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I'm a bit done with this whole winter amount of work cause it's too hot, and that's is just as bad for people as, it's too cold and it's associated 'everyone let's stay inside and give each other the flu' thing. 

Yes. That was one elfin' sentence. It implies the speed at which I uttered such a rant. 

Hello. Hi. How are you? I hope everyone else here is doing well. 

Need to paint minis and vent.... after I snooze a bit. Zzzzzzzzz

• Like 11

7 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

So I need something that helps closing a wound and maybe taste so bad that he will leave it alone.

A lot of pig hunters use super glue to mend their dogs up ... it was originally developed as chemical stitches in battle field conditions (thus fast acting) you can rub a shell over the area and tend to him till it dries  ... should be fast and stand up to a few days ... check online for application tips and tricks.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Thes Hunter said:

Need to paint minis and vent.... after I snooze a bit. Zzzzzzzzz

What color are you going to paint the vent?

Hmmm?

:rolleyes:

• Haha 13

Ok, minis cut free of bases, cleaned of flashing and washed. Tomorrow I will blue tack them to bottle lids and perform the ‘summon seams’ spell. (Material component: brush on primer.)

do people post WIP for their Reapercon entries or keep them a secret?

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Argentee said:

Ok, minis cut free of bases, cleaned of flashing and washed. Tomorrow I will blue tack them to bottle lids and perform the ‘summon seams’ spell. (Material component: brush on primer.)

A fair number do post WIP threads; I think it's more fun that way, seeing the project come to life, and then getting to see the final product in person! ^_^

Mine I'm keeping a secret, though, because...well, it would spoil the surprise if I didn't. :ph34r::blues::ik_oops:::D:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

Mine I'm keeping a secret, though, because...well, it would spoil the surprise if I didn't. :ph34r::blues::ik_oops:::D:

Huzzah!

Yeah... mines a secret too! Yeah, that's the ticket. Yeah.

In fact, mines soooo secret, I'm not entering it under my own name! Yeah, that's it! Right!

I wouldn't be surprised if I even have someone else stand up and go claim the Sophie, too! Yeah! Definitely the ticket!

*thoroughly ignores the unfinished and resignation of unfinished minis lurking behind him*

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, Zink said:

Wild weather here the last few days. Plentywood, Montana which is 90 miles south east from here got hit by a combo tornado and 100+ mph winds for major damage. North of there on the Canadian side of the border heavy rains washed out some roads. Last night a tornado took a tour through my back yard. Did a bunch of damage to a farm 15 km from mine, narrowly missed mine and some of my closest neighbour's. It died out a few km northwest of the town where we live after going about 60 km.

A professional photographer/storm chaser took this photo about 7 km from my farm.

Image may contain: cloud, sky, outdoor and nature

Luckily for us we just got a nice rain and no damage. Some days I wonder if the farm's gonna be there when I go out to work.

edit: Forget to mention a wide swath of baseball sized hail about 20 km north of my farm and town. Luckily we missed that too.

Nice. Is that a Craig Hilts photo?

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Argentee said:

Tomorrow I will blue tack them to bottle lids and perform the ‘summon seams’ spell. (Material component: brush on primer.)

A useful 0 Level cantrip. 

They do both...

2 hours ago, OneBoot said:

A fair number do post WIP threads; I think it's more fun that way, seeing the project come to life, and then getting to see the final product in person! ^_^

Huzzah!

There are even prolific painters that will enter things in two categories. But only one of them will be a secret. 

Important safety tip for Brutus:

3 hours ago, Boaz said:

A lot of pig hunters use super glue to mend their dogs up ... it was originally developed as chemical stitches in battle field conditions (thus fast acting) you can rub a shell over the area and tend to him till it dries  ... should be fast and stand up to a few days ... check online for application tips and tricks.

@Glitterwolf read this firsthttps://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/2187/was-super-glue-invented-to-seal-battle-wounds-in-vietnam/

Edited by TGP
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, SisterMaryNapalm said:

After a few more insults and really unappropriate behaviour of my forumites, I finally left the tabletop forum I was in for more that 8 years.

It feels like a relieve.

I will be back home for the weekend and I think I need to continue my Valkyria Chronicles project. Looking forward to it!

Sad, but if being there makes you feel bad, it is a wise choice.

And you have US!!!

10 hours ago, sumbloke said:

Have you considered the stuff they sell to stop kids biting their fingernails? Just throwing it out there, I have no idea how safe that would be for dogs.

That might be something!

I have to look for something like that.

I was considering a little drop of tea tree oil, but I dunno if that could be bad when he decides he does want to lick it anyway.

9 hours ago, Erifnogard said:

Umm, let’s just say that this way lies The Black Pharaoh (Nyarlathotep) and leave well enough alone shall we?

https://www.sciencealert.com/huge-mystery-sarcophagus-unearthed-in-egypt-alexandria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiPEp3LTpwo

7 hours ago, TGP said:

That exists for humans. This stuff:

It smells like clear nail polish, dries clear, it can sting a little. That ^ was Amazon’s Picture. No idea if a similar product is available in Netherlands / EU. 

Where was it hiding? (I found something that had managed to hide today. That is such a good feeling.)

Thx! I do have spray on bandages, thing is he might eat that off.

I need something that will repell him from licking/gnawing it.

6 hours ago, Boaz said:

Thanks, but same thing applies, he will gnaw and ingest it.

It's his front paw.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Erifnogard said:

Umm, let’s just say that this way lies The Black Pharaoh (Nyarlathotep) and leave well enough alone shall we?

https://www.sciencealert.com/huge-mystery-sarcophagus-unearthed-in-egypt-alexandria

egypt-sarco-3.jpg

But that wouldn't be any fun, and would make for an incredibly boring horror movie.::D:

• Haha 8

6 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Nice. Is that a Craig Hilts photo?

Yeah, it is. Browsing last night turned up a few pics and videos of the storm and this was my favourite out of them. 

• Like 6

So there's an out of control forest fire near where I live and work. About 25-30km away. No evacuation order as it doesn't seem to be heading in our direction for now.

Smoke smells nice (mostly pine and birch wood around here).

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Sad 9