Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

8 minutes ago, Unruly said:

I may or may not be mildly drunk. This state may or my not be preventing me from cleaning a rifle that I just inherited which hasn't been cleaned in decades. I also may have spent 2 hours at the local comic shop after my grandmother's funeral just to get away from my family until most of the outward-facing sad was gone. Then I may have spent the next 3 hours drinking with my family after we regained an appearance of normality.

I'm now tired, but need to stay awake for at least another 3 hours or else I'll be useless at work tomorrow evening.

*hugs* I always hate the "I need to stay awake so I can actually sleep later" thing. 

• Like 9

7 hours ago, robinh said:

Use your favorite critic to find the touch up areas...

Your friendly camera and computer.  Once you load the picks on the computer ALL of the mistakes jump out at you!

You can even grey scale it (with a photo editor like gimp -- freeware) which can show you the contrast levels...

Instant CRITIC!

It's not the finding, it's the fixing. I go to make the repair and find the fuzzy spot has either been wiped out and the area now saturated or I missed and now have 2 spots to fix.  Sorry mild aggravation, mostly with myself.  Spending this much time with a mini seems too much like work

This year I'm trying with the magnification app (which also does sepia).  I'm also trying something around mold lines that fell into the 'keep line or destroy significant detail' catagory.  

Thanks for the advice

• Like 7

@Unruly so I take it you were bequeathed your grandfather's rifle? 

We spent most of the day working on transferring characters to d&d 5e. We tweaked a few of the feats I grabbed from the d&d beyond site, made a couple of our own, then made our own Justice domain for clerics. The homebrew one that is on the site is very tyrannical, which just isn't our jam. We like it enough that I'm going to put it in the site.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Crowley said:

*hugs* I always hate the "I need to stay awake so I can actually sleep later" thing. 

That's what's got me right now. I couldn't fall asleep until almost 6 am, but I forced myself up at 11 am to try to reset it. I'm not sure where the day went, but I crawled into bed at 7:30 pm. And woke up 3 hours later. I try so hard to be a day person. :< 

• Like 3
  • Sad 5

And going on with sleepy decisions, it's been so long since I prepped a mini that I kind of cut off the slotted part from the feet. Not sure what I'm going to do about that now, if she were going on a cool base that would be fine, but she was going to remain unpainted for reference. :|

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, redambrosia said:

@Unruly so I take it you were bequeathed your grandfather's rifle? 

Not quite. One of my uncles was given the rifle by my grandma when my pap died, but I didn't know that until today. I just knew that pap didn't have a will, and the rifle was still at my grandma's house. When my grandma died I was asked if I wanted anything from the house, since the majority of the stuff in there isn't going to anyone in particular. So I said I'd love to have pap's old rifle if it wasn't going to anyone else. And my uncle said I could have it, since he had no use for it and neither of his sons would ever take care of it.

So now I've got it.

• Like 14

We managed to have a nice-ish dinner and chocolate cake for the official day of my oldest daughter turning sixteen.  It's amazing how much she grew up this past year.  

Was trying to work on the socks I'm knitting, but I got to the point where I needed to have some sort of marker to keep track of things, and I decided that it was time to just make some proper ones.  I think painting is on hold until September, it's too hot and with no AC I've got a lot of fans on.  Even with the wet palette my paint dries out too fast.  

• Like 9

14 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

doggie galoshes or booties do work.  down side is it can also cause them to gnaw on the foot more because there's something on their foot!

Hope you can find a way to stop it.  we had a Doberman who insisted on gnawing his toes. when he got a rash from some plant.  Fortunately the cone of shame was effective

We tried dog shoes once before when he had another problem.

He is able to take them off.

An old sock is dangerous, they can try to eat that and choke on it.

Why is he intelligent enough to escape from all the cones/shoes/collars etc, but too stupid to leave his paws alone?

Sigh.

• Like 3
  • Sad 7

4 hours ago, Morihalda said:

And going on with sleepy decisions, it's been so long since I prepped a mini that I kind of cut off the slotted part from the feet. Not sure what I'm going to do about that now, if she were going on a cool base that would be fine, but she was going to remain unpainted for reference. :|

Can you give the figure a pin in the feet? You could still pin it to a base that way.

Happy Friday, everyone!

• Like 5

We'll be leaving Brutus in the care of the girls.

Tonight / tomorrow morning on a ungodly hour, we will travel to the Dusseldorf Airport in Germany and then fly to Corfu, Greece.

Back in 8 days.

The girls ( both adults now) know how to handle things.

Grandpa, Aunt/uncle are in range.

Neighbours are informed.

And their natural dad lives a block away.

So they should be fine.

I'll be on the forum today, but then it will be 8 days without howling from me, glitters or WOOF shenanigans.

We are going on vacation to Greece and there is no way WOOF is trying to obtain a new secret weapon in the dense jungle of the Amazone or searches for Mokele Mbembe in Africa to use him as a new warbeast.

Neither are we searching for the hidden Alien base or Neu Schwabenland in Antarctica.

Rumours of WOOF having found the Spear of Destiny or the Arc of the Covenant are unfounded.

Our scientists are NOT cloning dinosaurs, cavemen or giant sloths and we have NOT developed a superserum to turn everybody into a Werewolf.

You can all sleep well now.

Brutus before his hot spot starring youngest vixen.

IMG-20180603-WA0005.thumb.jpg.44a71fd64486540a98136fc45bc1ef62.jpg

Brutus now the dark spots are the hot spot areas, tonight he removed the crusts again, so again, new small wounds.

Luckily we are home now and today he will have no chance, maybe it can heal a little again, the girls will be home a lot.

So let's hope for the best.

Else he will go on antibiotics.

1279607326_IMG-20180712-WA0017-kopie.jpg.77b52c751d75691038b61a1e58e82450.jpg

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 17

@Glitterwolf my sympathies to yo and Brutus.  Nothing is harder than dealing with a loved one when you are trying to help and they can't understand what they are doing wrong.

My vet friend says that in extreme cases he has done a light fiberglass cast over the offending limb to give it a chance to heal.  Somehow he set up the cast so there's no way for water to wick into the wound area even if the doggie chews on the cast.  He kept it on the dog until she gave up (about 3 weeks)  it does only work though if you know the cause of the irritation.

Hope he gets better soon.  I've never had a boxer companion, but they are one of my favorites

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

Tonight / tomorrow morning on a ungodly hour, we will travel to the Dusseldorf Airport in Germany and then fly to Corfu, Greece.

Back in 8 days.

I'll be on the forum today, but then it will be 8 days without howling from me, glitters or WOOF shenanigans.

Don't worry my glittery friend!  I'm sure no one here would dare raid your dinosaur herds for a short term 'Jurassic Burgers' style restaurant while you’re gone. 

Edited by Erifnogard
  • Haha 10

12 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

@Glitterwolf my sympathies to yo and Brutus.  Nothing is harder than dealing with a loved one when you are trying to help and they can't understand what they are doing wrong.

My vet friend says that in extreme cases he has done a light fiberglass cast over the offending limb to give it a chance to heal.  Somehow he set up the cast so there's no way for water to wick into the wound area even if the doggie chews on the cast.  He kept it on the dog until she gave up (about 3 weeks)  it does only work though if you know the cause of the irritation.

Hope he gets better soon.  I've never had a boxer companion, but they are one of my favorites

As long we are around he leaves it alone.

It started as a reaction to a virus which left him sick and wanting to throw up.

That has been cured now.

He removes those crusts at night or when we're gone. I hope it will get time to heal.

It doesn't seem to itch so bad that he keeps going at it every moment.

Right now he is sleeping and he has been wandering in the garden and played without any trouble.

Thx for the ideas!

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Erifnogard said:

Don't worry my glittery friend!  I'm sure no one here would dare raid your dinosaur herds for a short term 'Jurassic Burgers' style restaurant while your gone. 

I trust you will make sure my poor defenseless dinos stay safe.

( The statement that they are defenseless is in no way a ruse to lure unsuspecting food to my dinos in order to cut the food budget)

image.png.e49a6568e8968676e5354731b1f18c58.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

19 hours ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Tropical storm, perhaps? I mean, they always have water on the bottom*, but when it rains they get water on the top as well.

Or so I've heard.

* If they don't have water on the bottom, there's pretty much always some sort of problem. "Keep the bottom side wet" is a well-known saying of battleship admirals.

The confusion is because it's a space battleship, and not one of those "enter atmosphere when we feel like it" kinds...

• Like 3
  • Haha 6