Jump to content

Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

 Most of the colours are covered in the MSP and BONES lines.

I was more disappointed that they also discontinued the caddy.

I already have a few of those, very useful.

Oh well, I also have Vallejo paint caddy..

 

 

No, they're not discontinuing the caddy(09999), but the HD caddy sets. 

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gadgetman! said:

 

No, they're not discontinuing the caddy(09999), but the HD caddy sets. 

 

 

 

Thanks for clearing that up!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

.... Ouch, MSP HD is now discontinued.  The 29801 to 29854 paints...  Kind of curious why, but man does that sting to buy into something and then have half the line you're using vanish just a few months later.. 

Wait, are you saying I now own... collectibles?!

 

[Makes plans for Museum of Lost & Forgotten Paints of Yore]

  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A Question, maybe you guys and gals know about this?

 

I'm on Kickstarter.

My Creditcard expired and I got a new one.

So I changed the cards in my account.

 

Now I have a creditcard reservation of 0 dollar from Kickstarter.

 

Is this their way of validating my card?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Most of the colours are covered in the MSP and BONES lines.

I was more disappointed that they also discontinued the caddy.

I already have a few of those, very useful.

Oh well, I also have Vallejo paint caddy..

 

Except that the Bones paints were originally brought in to compliment the HD offerings, while having a similar thickness and consistency.  A lot of colour shades are different enough that it's nice to have a wide selection.  I don't consider MSP Core to be an equivalent replacement, since there aren't exactly shades that are perfectly the same, nor is how the paint behaves similar. 

 

There were enough differences that it was nice to be able to do the whole just reach for a particular colour and not have to mix much.  Hubby prefers such, and I'll mix if I have to, or want something I currently don't own, but it's not a favourite tactic of mine. 

 

4 hours ago, Unruly said:

I wonder if it's more a rebranding of HD line as Bones line. If so, it kind of irks me that the product number will change. I'd much rather have a little side note on the product page that says something like "same formula, new packaging" the way that all sorts of consumer products do. It's one of those situations where changing a part number isn't required because all that's changing is the label design, since I'd assume that the color names would stay the same.

 

Here's hoping it's a rebranding and not outright discontinuation.  There's a lot of differences in shades between the two lines, and having one of the main marketing points go poof (not having to mix as much to get a specific colour) with the discontinuation of half the paints... I dunno.  Frustrating is the word that comes to mind I suppose, especially since how the HD line behaved was the reason I put the money into more Reaper paints (I tend to almost always reach for my HD/Bones over the Core paints due to how consistently they perform) 

 

30 minutes ago, Cranky Dog said:

Wait, are you saying I now own... collectibles?!

 

[Makes plans for Museum of Lost & Forgotten Paints of Yore]

 

Well, I dunno, I think @buglips*the*goblin still has all of us beat when it comes to collectible paints. 

 

2 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

A Question, maybe you guys and gals know about this?

 

I'm on Kickstarter.

My Creditcard expired and I got a new one.

So I changed the cards in my account.

 

Now I have a creditcard reservation of 0 dollar from Kickstarter.

 

Is this their way of validating my card?

 

Sounds about right.  It should disappear in 2-3 business days.  Such a transaction is put through as a pre-authorization (usually under $1), basically to confirm that the card details entered are correct.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

...Uncle Friday who just wants to party and invites his friends Saturday and Sunday.

 

 

And whose idea was it to make him king?

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Froggy the Great said:

 

And whose idea was it to make him king?

Given that it's Uncle Friday, who may or not own a Miata...  Probably himself. ::P:

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Given that it's Uncle Friday, who may or not own a Miata...  Probably himself. ::P:

Gods do I hate Miatas...

 

Coffee!! Stat!

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Gods do I hate Miatas...

 

Coffee!! Stat!

 

 

69fcd80cd4ccc052acd06a76940c2aff.jpg

  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of unicorns, there was a breakfast cereal last night in the store that I saw named Unicorns. Looked to be just your standard fruit ring style cereal, but had sparkly sugar sprinkled on it. 

 

My imagination immediately went to how the unicorn was making the rings, then to maybe what part of the unicorn they were using.

 

Today has cooled off greatly! Nice to be able to roll down the windows. It’s 6am and 91F (33C). And yes, it actually feels cool. It’s all relative. 

 

Except for the turtles. Those are quantum.

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today is 2018-08-08. In roman numerals, it would be written out: MMXVIII-VIII-VIII

 

On August 8th, 3888, it will be MMMDCCCLXXXVIII-VIII-VIII. (Take *THAT* movie copyrights creation dates!)

 

In contrast, the first day of the last year of the 20st century, 2000-01-01, was MM-I-I

 

 

I am *not* bored today. And I'm not just saying that because my boss is nearby (but it's the main reason).

  • Like 2
  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

Speaking of unicorns, there was a breakfast cereal last night in the store that I saw named Unicorns. Looked to be just your standard fruit ring style cereal, but had sparkly sugar sprinkled on it. 

 

My imagination immediately went to how the unicorn was making the rings, then to maybe what part of the unicorn they were using.

 

Today has cooled off greatly! Nice to be able to roll down the windows. It’s 6am and 91F (33C). And yes, it actually feels cool. It’s all relative. 

 

Except for the turtles. Those are quantum.

 

You don't want to know

image.png.0d74e0df8424383206a61d27f031d47b.png

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

 

 

69fcd80cd4ccc052acd06a76940c2aff.jpg

And that's why you bring an AeroPress to work.  Problem solved. Let the others fight to the death over the coffee pot being empty.... :p

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

.... Ouch, MSP HD is now discontinued.  The 29801 to 29854 paints...  Kind of curious why, but man does that sting to buy into something and then have half the line you're using vanish just a few months later.. 

I presume they're being replaced with a new set of paints or they're being merged into the Bones line.  The Bones LTPK sets both currently contain HD paints, although they've changed the paints before.  (My Bones LTPK #1 has a different set of paint than what the set currently contains.)

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I spent the weekend violently ill. I’m hoping it was a stomach bug not a new and exciting allergy. Progress is being made on my vignette for Reapercon and my ribbons have arrived for the con. 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×