Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

I woke up at 4AM when the live catch mousetrap went clank.

Took the mouse down to a woods down the way, and opened the trap.

Then shook the trap until the mouse jumped out.

You know that look of abject terror you get from a mouse that knows that it can die?

The look I got was 'What, no cookie?!'

So I took the bit of cookie out of the trap, and tossed it to the mouse, which grabbed it and scampered off.

This is from a house that has two cats, at least one of which hunts - and the mouse waited until it got the cookie?!

Meanwhile my blood pressure medicine seems to be affecting my sleep pattern, waking up once in the night because it is a diuretic, but otherwise sleeping deeper. Kind of surprised the mousetrap doing its job could wake me up - Megan slept through it, my getting up, my taking the mouse out, and right up until I got back into bed. ::):

The downside is that I am not currently remembering my dreams.

The Auld Grump

• Haha 13

21 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:

If you don't get the answer and treatment you know to be right, demand a second opinion. And possibly a different doctor for future visits.

Doctors are not infallible and shouldn't be treated as if they are.

I am very aware of this. Mr. Flit tried to get the doctor to give him a different medication (that he has taken before) yesterday. He is going to find out why he wasn't given heparin yesterday.  I have suggested that he contact his  old doctor who treated him the first time he had this. That doctor actually misdiagnosed his condition at first. The doctor felt really bad about it, but his symptoms were atypical of DVT and the doctor thought he had a pinched nerve. He actually had symptoms of a pinched nerve. The typical swelling in the legs didn't happen until after he got to the emergency room with difficulty breathing.

• Like 8

Well, if you're going to use the live trap, might as well give it the reward.  And a hearty "see you next time" farewell.

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

27 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

@Flit I hope your husband gets proper care, quickly! Blood clots are scary af!

Yes they are.  Things seem to be going ok now, mostly just waiting until his appointment in a few hours.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Flit said:

Yes they are.  Things seem to be going ok now, mostly just waiting until his appointment in a few hours.

I hope it will turn out ok and your hubby gets the right meds!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

With how much I'm enjoying Metro 2033 Redux I'm half tempted to pick up the book(s), but I'm also worried with how much (spoilers) are in the game that the book will outright break my heart... O_o

In other news, I want to paint, not deal with over 30C temperatures o_o

• Like 5

I was on my way back to the office, driving the vw caddy that belings to my department, and was nearly at the top of a long incline when...  

the car's 'I Hate You' mechanism engaged...  

'Engine Management Error'... and it went into a 'limp home mode' that's closer to a 'snalis crawl home mode'... 

The last 1000 - 1500 meters to the top took and age, or so it felt, as I had to stop at every little pocket to let traffic by.  

It was impossible to bet it over 8mph. 

(It has the VW 'smoke grenade' version 1.6TDi - rebuilt to be 'legal' )

My 1.4i had better performance when it was only firing on 2 cylinders....

I managed ot get it back to town, and to the dealership, and removed all the more expensive stuff(Fluke network tester, my laptop, our industrial Brother pTouch, ) then had a 45minute walk to the office.  

In the rain...   

Instead of being back at the office before 3.30 and home at 4pm, it was 5:30 and 6pm.   

• Sad 10

Ooof.

So... I am an aunt. I think. Things went wrong at that hospital. Labor was induced then emergency c-section when that failed. The cord was wrapped around the baby's neck. Twice. I have no news on how anyone's doing other than that vague "fine" that tends to be followed by "now stop asking, you're too far away to do anything about it and we don't want to worry you".

My sister has demanded every visiting relative stay at her place while they're in town. She needs to know people are all under her roof even if she's still in the hospital. How she's going to fit a dozen people from 3 countries into a 3 bedroom house I don't want to imagine. Too many grandmas on air mattresses. But she's probably scared so I heard my parents got a hotel and are telling my sister whatever she needs to hear.

• Like 6
  • Sad 8

1 minute ago, NebulousMissy said:

Ooof.

So... I am an aunt. I think. Things went wrong at that hospital. Labor was induced then emergency c-section when that failed. The cord was wrapped around the baby's neck. Twice. I have no news on how anyone's doing other than that vague "fine" that tends to be followed by "now stop asking, you're too far away to do anything about it and we don't want to worry you".

My sister has demanded every visiting relative stay at her place while they're in town. She needs to know people are all under her roof even if she's still in the hospital. How she's going to fit a dozen people from 3 countries into a 3 bedroom house I don't want to imagine. Too many grandmas on air mattresses. But she's probably scared so I heard my parents got a hotel and are telling my sister whatever she needs to hear.

Congrats, hope all involved will be alright.

• Like 6

Just got a call that Mr Flit has an appointment with an internist. As a great coincidence, it happens to be with my doctor who is great. Have to leave momentarily.

• Like 12

Just got an alert for people in the south central Denver metro area to remain indoors or to shelter in place if it’s safe to do so for the next few hours. My wife is terrified.

In related news, my son just became fully licensed to drive.

• Like 2
  • Haha 13

Any reason for it?  Hasn't hit the news yet.

I get it now....  I'm a little thick from time to ttime

:facepalm:

Edited by Kangaroorex
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3