Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

10 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

Any reason for it?  Hasn't hit the news yet.

27 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

Just got an alert for people in the south central Denver metro area to remain indoors or to shelter in place if it’s safe to do so for the next few hours. My wife is terrified.

In related news, my son just became fully licensed to drive.

Changing the fonts for emphasis...

• Haha 10

24 minutes ago, Argentee said:

Changing the fonts for emphasis...

Thanks! Was having to keep everything plain in order for the joke to work properly. On my side, this made the next page so it works. 

Another part of the joke is that my wife is the one that alerted me with a photo and his new prize. So far he’s taking his sister around the block. Colorado law is that in the first six months he can’t have anyone younger than 18 in the car with him unless it’s a sibling. Then after six months until 1 year, he can have one friend with him. He said it didn’t feel weird to him driving with her. I attribute that to the 50 hours of supervised driving the state requires too. 

• Like 9

On some level, I am convinced that going to a low sodium diet somehow resulted in my winning dinner for two at an all you can eat buffet at work today....

The Auld Grump - a place known for chicken fried steak with sausage gravy.... <_<

• Haha 11

Having a late lunch while waiting for Mr Flit's new prescriptions. Heparin and Xeralto which he has taken before. He really liked the doctor he saw today. I've been trying to get him to go see her for months now. He has a follow up next week. We both found out that snoring can increase the possibility of blood clots. Neither one of us was aware of that. Looks like things are going to be ok. And he may have sleep apnea tests.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

Ooof.

So... I am an aunt. I think. Things went wrong at that hospital. Labor was induced then emergency c-section when that failed. The cord was wrapped around the baby's neck. Twice. I have no news on how anyone's doing other than that vague "fine" that tends to be followed by "now stop asking, you're too far away to do anything about it and we don't want to worry you".

My sister has demanded every visiting relative stay at her place while they're in town. She needs to know people are all under her roof even if she's still in the hospital. How she's going to fit a dozen people from 3 countries into a 3 bedroom house I don't want to imagine. Too many grandmas on air mattresses. But she's probably scared so I heard my parents got a hotel and are telling my sister whatever she needs to hear.

Congrats, and I will keep my fingers crossed that things are well and truly 'fine'.

1 hour ago, Flit said:

Having a late lunch while waiting for Mr Flit's new prescriptions. Heparin and Xeralto which he has taken before. He really liked the doctor he saw today. I've been trying to get him to go see her for months now. He has a follow up next week. We both found out that snoring can increase the possibility of blood clots. Neither one of us was aware of that. Looks like things are going to be ok. And he may have sleep apnea tests.

Glad to hear it!

Got through the day, survived the drive home, now it's time to enjoy the weekend!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Just got an alert for people in the south central Denver metro area to remain indoors or to shelter in place if it’s safe to do so for the next few hours. My wife is terrified.

In related news, my son just became fully licensed to drive.

A few hours, or a few weeks? lol

In unrelated news, Jack stayed indoors all day today - yesterday afternoon at work he got overheated and dehydrated, and was seriously considering clocking out an hour and a half early, but managed to remain for the rest of the shift. However, despite having gotten up this morning, laid out his clothes, made his lunch, and gotten halfway through his shower, Jack finally decided that he just didn't have sufficient reserves of physical and mental fortitude to make it through the entire day at work. Even if he had made it through today instead of cutting out at lunch, he would have called out tomorrow. So Jack found it wiser to bail on today rather than catch a load of crap for ditching the mandatory Saturday overtime.

Unfortunately, Jack really needed that overtime money, but now Jack's working Saturday just to catch a regular paycheck. :down:

(Jack is very annoyed by the whole situation, not even as much because of the money as because he's getting old and isn't used to having normal human physical limitations... Jack generally calls out sick only two or three times a year, and only for things that physically prevent him from doing his job. It may be time to retire the red cape and boots.)

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Sad 10

2 minutes ago, FaekiasDracon said:

Made the final payment on my car early this afternoon. Yay, I actually own something of value now...

I was two payments away from owning my last car (the first new car I'd ever bought) when it got stolen. I might have been in a much different place financially now if that hadn't happened.

• Sad 9

8 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Also:

German Police rescue man from baby squirrel:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45150298

It is upon us then, what we've all feared would come....the Clusters Crusade has been declared!

On a possibly related note, something uprooted and destroyed the corn last night. I was going to just let it go, what happened to the pumpkins. Let bygones be bygones, but no they couldn't just leave well enough alone. So it looks like I'll be waiting in ambush tonight. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 6

7 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

I woke up at 4AM when the live catch mousetrap went clank.

Took the mouse down to a woods down the way, and opened the trap.

Then shook the trap until the mouse jumped out.

You know that look of abject terror you get from a mouse that knows that it can die?

The look I got was 'What, no cookie?!'

So I took the bit of cookie out of the trap, and tossed it to the mouse, which grabbed it and scampered off.

This is from a house that has two cats, at least one of which hunts - and the mouse waited until it got the cookie?!

The Auld Grump

Well if you give a mouse a cookie it's going to want a glass of milk...

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

There was a huge metal yellow-orange dinosaur eating the foliage in my backyard today.  I'm told that 6 am tomorrow morning is, finally, The Big Show:  The Flattening. 

• Like 11
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

There was a huge metal yellow-orange dinosaur eating the foliage in my backyard today.  I'm told that 6 am tomorrow morning is, finally, The Big Show:  The Flattening. 

VEHICULAR HERBICIDE!

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

5 minutes ago, Flit said:

Watch out for the companies to do the 'rent to own' of the c-pap and v-pap machines. And find out in advance how much your insurance will (or won't) pay. It was cheaper for me to buy my husband's machine on Amazon out of pocket than it was to get it through the company my husband's doctor insists on using with insurance.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2