Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

I just inadvertently splashed some Tabasco in my nostril.  I think I may have to amputate.

• Haha 13
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Erifnogard said:

I just inadvertently splashed some Tabasco in my nostril.  I think I may have to amputate.

Schadenfreude is not my strong suit, but for this I'll make an exception.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

Driving today really tried my patience.

Big family reunion this weekend, so I drove to my mother's place, 850km away.

I left at 6:15am this morning, and it seems I managed to find every road work, detour, forced merge, Friday afternoon rush hour traffic, fender bender, possible along the way.

It took 10.5 hours. And I was feeling dizzy from slight dehydration at the very end.

I had planned to take a break at the 600km mark as it would've led me to a movie theater showing Ant-Man and The Wasp. Instead, I got delayed enough that reaching the theater in time (even allowing for the 15 minutes of trailers) would've meant driving at dangerous speeds, in four lane congested traffic.

I'm just glad that my car seats are reasonably comfortable. Not as glad that I got to drive back on Monday. And I *still* want to try to catch that movie.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Sad 13

5 hours ago, Doug Sundseth said:

I think the funniest thing about that story is how, after reporting the story, the BBC proceeded to explain how squirrels were actually dangerous.

That gave me a pretty good laugh. I mean, the poor baby just wanted a new mama :wub:

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

True. I can't eat cookies without milk.

You're not supposed to tell people your weaknesses so they can protect their stuff.  You're supposed to be like "Milk, pah! I could eat these cookies with a glass of rocks!  I could eat every cookie in this place in less than ten seconds without so much as a single drop of milk and there's not a damn thing you OR The Batman can do about it!"

And then when they ask you to prove it, you just throw a smoke bomb and cackle maniacally.  And maybe even steal the cookies.  I sometimes forget that part.

• Like 2
  • Haha 14

20 hours ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

I won't say it isn't tempting, but unfortunately the current crop of neighbors would have the local swat team on me in no time. (granted paintball guns are obviously not firearms, but busybodies with boredom issues and a phone close to hand are a recipe for trouble. Hence the bobcat. It can eat them next.) 

This is a late comment but it's been a long day.

You can do a pre-emtive strike on all the local Mrs. Grundy's by calling the non-emergency line of the local P.D. and letting them know what you are going to do regarding driving off the local garden raiders, request that they notify all emergency dispatchers to take extra care and info from any of the noseys in your neighborhood calling in any sort of report, and make absolutely certain to get a Report Number, just in case the dispatchers have a stupid attack.

GEM

• Like 6

11 hours ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

There was a huge metal yellow-orange dinosaur eating the foliage in my backyard today.  I'm told that 6 am tomorrow morning is, finally, The Big Show:  The Flattening. 

9 hours ago, Froggy the Great said:

VEHICULAR HERBICIDE!

image.thumb.png.d155ae93fc4a565e27e06a46b690915d.png

7 hours ago, Erifnogard said:

Lucky for you, you have more tentacles..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

9 hours ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:
13 hours ago, Wyvernfire said:

Well if you give a mouse a cookie it's going to want a glass of milk...

True. I can't eat cookies without milk.

Unless you have coffee.

In related news, I have coffee, and dark chocolate chip cookies. 

• Like 6

21 hours ago, Crowley said:

Unless you have coffee.

In related news, I have coffee, and dark chocolate chip cookies. 

*** Suddenly a masked stranger dressed in dark robes appears behind the Haminister***

*** Hand over those cookies and coffee! ***

*** The stranger walks away with the loot, a multicoloured tail wags from under the robes***

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 3
  • Haha 7

10 hours ago, Erifnogard said:

It's best to do it quickly, so the Tabasco won't suffer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

*** Suddenly a maske stranger dressed in dark robes appears behind the Haminister***

*** Hand over tose cookies and coffee! ***

*** The stranger walks away with the loot, a multicoloured tail wags from under the robes***

You know this isn't what happened because it's in purple. The chocolate chip cookies were followed by eggs and bacon. Mmmm.... Yumm....

Oh, and more coffee, of course. :wub:

• Haha 8

13 minutes ago, Crowley said:

You know this isn't what happened because it's in purple. The chocolate chip cookies were followed by eggs and bacon. Mmmm.... Yumm....

In a fit of revenge and spite I will now make Tacos for dinner :poke:

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:
3 hours ago, Crowley said:

In a fit of revenge and spite I will now make Tacos for dinner :poke:

Hmm, you know, that sounds yummy... thanks for the idea! 

• Like 6

Well, our characters have all made it back from the ruins of Metrol - in bad, bad shape, but also well into fifth level.

We have confirmed that the Kytons are experimenting on Warforged/Gearforged and are releasing them into the forces of The Lord of Blades - but were not able to conform that the Lord of Blades knows.

We need to decide what to do with the soul gems and memory tapes of the damaged and aberrant Warforged we destroyed.

I... have a suspicion that the Kytons are using the dead of Cyre to create soul gems, and then transplanting those sol gems into the bodies of captured Warforged - that these were not originally Warforged.

The Kytons also managed to retrieve part of a partially assembled Creation Forge, as well as the person in charge of setting the machinery up, a member of the d'Cannith family.

It sounds like the Lord of Blades and the Kytons each have about half of a Creation Forge, and have Jerrie-rigged them to work, but not well - both The Lord of Blades and the Kytons creating damaged and aberrant Warforged - but the Kytons also have someone that knows how to complete the Forge, but it appears either have not done so, or are deliberately making warped Warforged.

And I am beginning to suspect that my second soul gem is also just such a transplanted soul, but currently lying quiescent.

Week after next we will be giving the information to Mr Blacke and Mr. Drake, as well as Seven - I suspect that we will be going back into Metrol before too much longer, this time in company.

The Auld Grump

• Like 8