Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

It is 2:20 am now. I just woke up and for no reason felt sad and unhappy. Maybe I get sick?

Guess I should just turn around and try to continue sleeping. Good night.

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

I had a big post typed up about how I'm going out tonight and doing the rest of the weekend but then my computer decided not to post and turn on airplane mode. But between now and then I got violently ill so no birthday party tonight. I'll be seeing them next weekend for D&D anyway so I can bring them cupcakes then. It also will give me time to actually make my own instead of picking them up from the store like what would have happened today because I got lazy and napped too long. 

My pupper is settling in at the in-laws well and they are bonding. It makes me happy. He's a good dog. Here's a picture (not recent and a little blurry) he's much bigger now. His name is Wolfie, he is a Mastiff and either a Lab or a German Shepard mix I can never remember.

wolfie.jpg.72b07d12cae91489ac31c8b6ef469d23.jpg

• Like 17

I have introduced my 8 year old nephew and 6 year old niece to the classic fighting game Killer Instinct using a hacked SNES Classic. It resulted in them shouting in joy and frustration at each other, as every fighting game has ever done between siblings when they both don't know how to play. But then my niece learned how to do that cheap "back into the corner and keep pressing high punch" trick that is the first thing any new player truly learns, and she started winning consistently. Which meant my nephew learned how to rage quit by resetting the machine.

If they keep playing, the roles will end up reversed soon enough, as my nephew is older and will get the coordination to do actual combos first rather than just button mashing. And that's when the high punch trick stops working, and it's my niece's turn to learn to rage quit.

Ah, the cycle of video games is a wonderful thing.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

I call your battle cattle and raise you flaming cattle from Mars Attacks ...

P.S. don't Google the music video "cows with guns" ... unless you feel lucky ... well do ya ? 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Boaz said:

I call your battle cattle and raise you flaming cattle from Mars Attacks ...

P.S. don't Google the music video "cows with guns" ... unless you feel lucky ... well do ya ? 

Udderly Ridiculous.

GEM

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Was gonna throw a zombie cow at my players last week but didn't need it. Was a little disappointed.

Meanwhile, watched International Man of Mystery and now am into The Spy Who Shagged Me. They've held up all right, I reckon, but I guess I've gotten a little old.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Udderly Ridiculous.

GEM

Are y'all finished ruminating or are we going to milk this some more?

• Haha 7

1 minute ago, Kangaroorex said:

Are y'all finished ruminating or are we going to milk this some more?

I'm going to have to carefully whey my response.

Rennin doubt, make cheese.

GEM

• Haha 6

We celebrated my friend's birthday with an escape room yesterday! It was super fun; we had never done one before and she chose the room with the lowest success rate. We made it out with 7 minutes to spare (we got an extra 5 minutes for sharing on social media)! I was really proud of my friends - all 7 of us worked together on several different clues and made sure that the 8th guy who signed up for the last slot by himself didn't feel left out.

• Like 17

Apparently Bill Burr did an animated Netflix show. I like it. About half of every episode feels like one of his stand-up sets. It's what I've been doing all night while my sister's kids are sleeping.

Edited by Unruly
  • Like 6

7 hours ago, SparrowMarie said:

I had a big post typed up about how I'm going out tonight and doing the rest of the weekend but then my computer decided not to post and turn on airplane mode. But between now and then I got violently ill so no birthday party tonight. I'll be seeing them next weekend for D&D anyway so I can bring them cupcakes then. It also will give me time to actually make my own instead of picking them up from the store like what would have happened today because I got lazy and napped too long. 

My pupper is settling in at the in-laws well and they are bonding. It makes me happy. He's a good dog. Here's a picture (not recent and a little blurry) he's much bigger now. His name is Wolfie, he is a Mastiff and either a Lab or a German Shepard mix I can never remember.

wolfie.jpg.72b07d12cae91489ac31c8b6ef469d23.jpg

From the look of it it is a part Lab.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

I'm going to have to carefully whey my response.

Rennin doubt, make cheese.

GEM

Let's take a chance and steer this in a different direction. We may have cowed someone from participating 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

Let's take a chance and steer this in a different direction. We may have cowed someone from participating 

Calfter ewe.

GEM

Edited by Green Eyed Monster
spelling error
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5