Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

Then why aren't you on the hangouts with me, @Crowley:down:

This morning's hobbying so far: Cutting mouslings free from their sprues and putting brown liner on them, then gonna dump them in a pair of baggies. I already have a set of mouslings for me and for each of my kids, but now I bought a set each for my girlfriend and her daughter too, so everyone can have mouslings to paint. ::): And at some point soon, I need to buy 4 copies of the mouslings from Bones 3 so everyone can add those too... My daughter's down to 3 unpainted mouslings! ::o: 

• Like 12
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, canuckotter said:

Then why aren't you on the hangouts with me, @Crowley:down:

This morning's hobbying so far: Cutting mouslings free from their sprues and putting brown liner on them, then gonna dump them in a pair of baggies. I already have a set of mouslings for me and for each of my kids, but now I bought a set each for my girlfriend and her daughter too, so everyone can have mouslings to paint. ::): And at some point soon, I need to buy 4 copies of the mouslings from Bones 3 so everyone can add those too... My daughter's down to 3 unpainted mouslings! ::o: 

Oh, shoot... sorry!  I'll make it up to you later, but I'm now off to the movie. 

9 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Did some work on my Pirate Queen Bust and on my Undead Samurai Project ( Nippon, Land of the Rising Moon).

Now to walk Brutus and then make dinner.

Chicken Teriyaki

Pork Satey

Rice

Spicy Vegetables

Sounds yummy! I'm gonna make Creamy Parmesan Garlic Mushroom Chicken!

• Like 6

[Moderator]

While hilarious, the Deadreynolds Burtpool digression is as close or a little closer to the line I have to enforce than I'd like.  

Friendly warning.

[/Moderator]

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

Golly, I have so many good Burt-Reynolds Archer screen grabs that are perfect for what we've got going here... but I guess they'd be right over said line too.

This one's probably okay though.

C2A57221-BF4D-47E2-ABDE-4832B8131D86.jpeg.b23c62b89ba90b5e64c603d9e66fd038.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 8

Welp. Off to the afternoon’s gaming where we are to dungeon crawl into the mental space of vampires. Woo!

• Like 8

Was going to have a Basic Expert session today but Husband is not feeling well so we had  to cancel last minute. ::(:

I got in a little painting time earlier. I got the rest of Mini Ma'al's heads based. Need to do some color tweaking for the green head, base coat is too dark for being next to the black head (which I might have noticed if I'd have based the black head before the green). Oh well. It should be easily fixed. Also, the MSP Bones Dragon White has pretty good coverage. It went over a, not very well thinned, blue liner layer in only a couple coats. 

I backed out of a KS yesterday. It was the Artis Opus brushes, wasn't sure how I felt after thinking about it for a few days. And with the money I would have spent on it I can get a poster that I want and a paint caddy (most likely). Need to check that print is not sold out though. *goes to look* It is still in stock! But now looking at the other prints they've added I may want one or more of those instead of a caddy...

• Like 7
  • Sad 2

I still hope to hobby a bit today, but I got my bike on the road for my first ride this spring. The legs were sort of ok, but the pollen was elfing up my lungs. :blink:  

• Like 7

How do you hunt the deadly Kuden Sand worm ?

SandWormTrap.thumb.jpg.01285588b1285cb7712463b344cf78a5.jpg

Once his tentacles shrivel up and he starts foaming at the mouth, move in for an easy kill ... worm steak in sause ...

Edited by Boaz
  • Like 5
  • Haha 5

Watching The Record of Lodoss War for the first time in a decade or so, and I find myself wondering if my liking for the early Pathfinder aesthetic is in part because it sort of reminded me unconsciously of this show in some way. 'Cause it kinda does. I don't know why really. It's probably better art tbh even, but the characters seem like they'd fit alongside the iconics I suppose.

Oh how I wish there were more cartoons like this.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Marvin said:

Watching The Record of Lodoss War for the first time in a decade or so, and I find myself wondering if my liking for the early Pathfinder aesthetic is in part because it sort of reminded me unconsciously of this show in some way. 'Cause it kinda does. I don't know why really. It's probably better art tbh even, but the characters seem like they'd fit alongside the iconics I suppose.

Oh how I wish there were more cartoons like this.

Mainly because the show was based off an actual D&D campaign.

• Like 8

Yeah, it's part of/set in/sprung from a setting for a Japanese RPG, as I recall.

I always thought of it as "that D&D anime"; I'm just working now on a silly, nonsensical notion that Pathfinder's art could owe a little something to it back up the ancestral tree somewhere. 

• Like 6