Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

Suggestion for an in-game worldwide broadcast PSA at the post-game bull session:

(perky voice):

”Greetings, Mortals! You’ve done surprisingly well!”

Edited by Pingo
  • Like 9
  • Haha 2

Got a bunch of cleaning/tidying done today, which was good and long overdue.  Then oldest daughter and I made kanzashi with some of the vintage kimono silk I'd scrounged up.  Feeling pretty good about how it looks, it was only our second time attempting to make them.  She's giving the one she made to her BFF tomorrow as part of her sixteenth birthday gift.  Best part is that mine is the bottom one and looks worse than hers--I keep trying to encourage her to take up a hobby and nothing encourages that better than success.  ^_^ 

5ae53728ba9c8_WP_20180428_17_56_22_Pro(2).jpg.327564fe55c9ed36a4a38e134f5a3d24.jpg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

Hung out at the FLGS for International Tabletop day, but didn't actually play anything. You gotta sign up really damn early to get in on anything there.

Watched the two games that Dilvish played in before I left, though. Everybody give a moment of silence for D's monk - he got the Big Death in the second game: massive damage insta-kill... It was kinda funny that for the first half of the fight the guy with no weapons was the only one beating the hell out of the animated armor they were fighting, lol. Everybody else kept missing. It had started off as a tough fight, but then the DM's dice really turned hot and half the people in the party were bouncing up and down off the floor every turn like ping pong balls.

And then... Just when it was looking seriously grim, the brand new player (second 5E game ever) whose fighter had been unconscious on the ground making death saves for the last four or five rounds suddenly stood up and critted it for max damage to end the fight. Yay, him.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 13
  • Haha 2

On 4/27/2018 at 6:22 PM, Werkrobotwerk said:

I ran into a giant robot kungfu master...

Late but I just couldn't resist:

Clang Fu

The Heavy Metal Martial Art.

GEM

Edited by Green Eyed Monster
fixed typo
  • Like 9
  • Haha 1

Just finished up our Pathfinder session, nearing the end of Book 6 of Shattered Star. A truth was revealed about my character that rocked at least two of us to our very core, especially because I wasn't expecting it. This was definitely a big feather in the cap of my DM.

• Like 12

Hey, I hobbied today!  Okay it's not a miniature but this was my first attempt at a Euro style pen and it came out pretty good.  The wood is Wenge and yes both parts are from the same block of wood. Beats me why the color is off. 

20180429_011056.thumb.jpg.30f9239ba318e6c5484bed2c29c51341.jpg

Also got to play with my new buffer system on some plinths and the pen.  Talk about glass like finish.  Anyway, also got more progress on the garage.  I can now park a car in it, if I'm willing to give up the workspace

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

And then... Just when it was looking seriously grim, the brand new player (second 5E game ever) whose fighter had been unconscious on the ground making death saves for the last four or five rounds suddenly stood up and critted it for max damage to end the fight. Yay, him.

That's good stuff right there.

• Like 10

I have the sinking feeling the Great God [redacted], I mean the Dracodile, will claim one of my brushes in sacrifice. One of my size 4 sables...

• Sad 7

Home from D&D. My character ended up being made High Clerist (only cleric in the order, and now, Knight of the Sword... her father might be proud, if he was still alive to be proud). She's not happy about it. On the other hand... she can now pull rank on the idiots and maybe pull this stupidity out of the drek pit, so at least her freedom went to a good cause.

And then there were spiders. Giant demon spiders.

We lived, but the archer ended up on the floor again, and our wizard who's body she's supposed to be guarding isn't happy about it.

• Like 10

Goedemorgen!

This afternoon we will attend the 25yr wedding anniversary of m girl's sister and husband.

There will be food!!!

Now I'm on the forum with Brutus besides me, waiting for the pack to wake up.

I have set the table with assorted bread/crossaints/buns etc...

Ahhhh, the silent time, when all is peaceful and quiet.

Soon the vixens will wake up, youngest brought her boyfriend with her.

It won't be long now then the table I have so carefully set will be plundered.

Ssstttt I hear a sound....it has begun!

• Like 13

4 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

Hey, I hobbied today!  Okay it's not a miniature but this was my first attempt at a Euro style pen and it came out pretty good.  The wood is Wenge and yes both parts are from the same block of wood. Beats me why the color is off. 

20180429_011056.thumb.jpg.30f9239ba318e6c5484bed2c29c51341.jpg

It’s because the color of the wood changes with its angle and the angles of the wood in the middle don’t match.

If you look at it, the color of the far right of the section on the left more or less matches the color of the far right of the section on the right.

• Like 9

My day has been a bit of ups and downs.

Woke up to being told my grandma was in the ICU again, on an oxygen feed, and aside from 15 minutes of consciousness in the morning she'd been out for the whole day. Got to work to have a busy as heck day. Snuck away from work to go visit my grandma, and she's just woken up for the first time since the morning. On my way in I run into my older sister, who is on the phone with my younger sister. I get told that my younger sister had just gotten engaged minutes before(not good news because I hate weddings with a burning passion, and I'll have to go), so I was told to break that news to my grandma since she was awake. Saw grandma for a few minutes before having to leave for work again. Dealt with even more stupidity from the students as they ramped up their idiocy for the last real weekend of the school year. Get called racist because I'm a white guy telling a black guy to pull into a parking spot rather than leave his car blocking the parking garage exit while he gets out to go pay, and they know I don't make everyone do that. I'm only making them move out of the way because they're black, not because there are other people trying to leave the garage and they're holding up everyone who was smart enough to follow directions and pay before driving up to the gate. This happens twice in the span of 10 minutes, by two different groups of people. Start cleaning our lots to close the night out, and they've been totally trashed. Not as much broken glass as last night, but a whole heck of a lot more trash in total. Then, just before I leave, I find a $100 bill crumpled up on the sidewalk after I pick up a 200lb trash can(metal trash can holder with a concrete base) that the drunks decided to tip over.

So the night went from total crap to just over the good side of the line with one piece of paper that had 3 little numbers on it. Otherwise, it would have been the worst night of the week. But a nice bonus of almost an extra day's take home? That tends to smooth things over.

As far as my grandma goes, she's got a bad case of pneumonia, and they think she's going septic. Personally, I hope this is the last time she ends up in the hospital. This may sound horrible, but modern medicine has kept her alive for at least 4 years longer than she probably should have been. I've been watching her slowly die for 8 years now, ever since she had her stroke that left her paralyzed and caused her diabetes to spin out of control. She's miserable. She can barely function. She ends up in the hospital every few months because something goes wrong again. She was diagnosed with congestive heart failure like 2 years ago, and it's not exactly in its early stages. Everything is just adding up, and it's past time to let her go, in my opinion.

At the very least, I'm glad she's got a DNR on file. From what I was told when I first found out about her being in the ICU again, there was a strong possibility of it coming into effect in the next day or two. Still might be, actually, but I guess they're pumping her full of a ton of steroids and antibiotics. Because until she goes nonresponsive, they're going to keep trying...

• Sad 18