Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

27 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

@Unruly I wish you strength in this situation.

Me too. Hopefully the wedding isn't all that bad when it happens.

• Like 9

I am about to enjoy a pink bubble bath with a ducky water wheel because I am a grown-elf man.IMG_20180429_231317515.thumb.jpg.0ee7d427d18846d94267348c1f6729ae.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 12

On 4/26/2018 at 11:42 AM, Pingo said:

Best I can do short of a rubber eye-stamp.

Or massive doses of spice.  ;)

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Pegazus said:
2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

@Unruly I wish you strength in this situation.

Me too. Hopefully the wedding isn't all that bad when it happens.

Me three. 

My morning is going fairly well so far. Coffee is strong, dark chocolate chip cookies are still yummy, and I got the first good night's sleep in a week last night. I missed my bride, but she's back from Texas!! :wub:  And it looks like today is gonna be a nice and lazy(ish) day. 

• Like 11

@Unruly I understand about your grandmother. :hugs: 

Hubby and I went to his manager's wedding yesterday. (He has a really good relationship with his chef; he's worked with him at three different places, with Hubby tuning him into the kitchen manager position at his current place.) The same person who performed our ceremony did this one, it was really sweet. And the bride's dress was so pretty, lots of beautiful lace! 

And of course, there was yummy prime rib!

• Like 12

I think I am currently too tired to sleep. I'm yawning and my eyelids are heavy, but I can't get comfortable and things keep popping into my head and demanding I think about them.

• Sad 11

23 hours ago, Crowley said:

Sounds yummy! I'm gonna make Creamy Parmesan Garlic Mushroom Chicken!

Oh, this turned out really well, FYI. 

2 minutes ago, Unruly said:

I think I am currently too tired to sleep. I'm yawning and my eyelids are heavy, but I can't get comfortable and things keep popping into my head and demanding I think about them.

I hate those nights. ::(: 

• Like 8

On 4/28/2018 at 9:35 AM, Chaoswolf said:

I'm searching the internets to see if anywhere near me is participating.

And I found out about a place that was participating, so I went to check it out. I ended up playing a marathon session of Zombicide: Black Plague. it's a pretty cool game, and I had a lot of fun.

I ended up dying, but I racked up a pretty good tally before I went down. I chose to act as a rearguard to hold off a medium size herd of zombies while everyone else tried to bash through a larger group to get to the last objective. I managed to put down 15 zeds over the course of a few rounds, while miraculously continuing to make armor saves (5 or 6 on a d6) in order to survive. SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!!!

Eventually, weight of numbers finally brought me down, but by then the rest of the group was almost to the objective and they ended up reaching it to win the game.

• Like 12

On 4/28/2018 at 6:32 AM, Glitterwolf said:

Hobby time!

Can't touch this!

The Auld Grump - I remember being surprised when M.C. Hammer became a minister....

• Like 8

Well, as 'Jack said, I ended up playing 12 hours of DnD yesterday.  As mentioned my poor Monk go one shot-ed by a modiefied suit of Animated Armor (it did some electrical damage as well as bashing skulls).  If the hits had happened the tother way around I would have survived, but the crit came last as I had already been dropped to 6 points remaining.

My other two Tier 2 games went fine, and my main character, and elven Bladesinger wizard earned enough xp after all was said and done to hit 11th level and Tier Three.

• Like 11

Tabletop day was fun...  Went to our local place with hubby as we were planning on playing some Clank! ... Halfway through our first game, we were asked if we minded if a solo player joined in, and neither of us minded, so we reset the "Curse of the Mummy" expansion we had out, had fun, then a round of "Sunken Treasures" as she had the expansion but hadn't played yet.  Was a ton of fun, and then we mentioned we had wanted to play Scythe, which she hasn't yet and has always been looking for a group... 

.. Once she picked up the rules she royally wiped the board with us - both of our scores didn't even add up to hers.  Gotta love quick learners with a good poker face! ::P: it only took her something like ten turns to go from no stars, go three stars, to five... And then another five turns later, she won.! 

2 hours ago, FaekiasDracon said:

Or massive doses of spice.  ;)

I dunno, for painting eyes and the sheer concentration required, if we're going to use fictional drugs we might as well go for something truly hardcore in the SciFi world - flash, from Andromeda. ^_^

Just a few side effects though. 

Edited by WhiteWulfe
Fixing spelling and autocorruption stuffs
  • Like 9

Random thought after playing Zombicide yesterday: How many fully painted sets of this game are out there?

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

I cut the onions too thin for the tempura. Instead of onion rings they came out as vaguely onion flavored batter hoops.

They were glorious.

• Like 15
  • Haha 3

I danced in stiletto heels for a while. Not sure how I didn't faceplant. My legs and feet are sore now. Ahhhhh. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Participated in tabletop day at a game store I never been due to my friends suggestion. Ended up playing 18 games. They were all on the short side and mostly boring.

Memorable games:

1) Patchwork - enjoyable two player game about quilting 

2) Meeple Circus - dexterity game involving circus balancing tricks with meeples and time limits.

3) Cthulu Love Letter - this game is evolving from the base game. More cards and interactions.

• Like 11