Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

2 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

I know it does, and it's a shame.

Doesn't change my feelings towards those people, though.

Agreed 100%

There are a couple of rescue pits in the building, and they are the sweetest dogs! You're more likely to be injured from the one's tail smacking you because he's so happy to see you than anything else on that poor scar covered beast. 

• Like 7

Jack is experiencing major cognitive dissonance...

I bought a 5-lb. box of frozen chicken tenders, and cooked a few of them tonight in the oven.

Now, as we all know, there's some Constitutional Amendment or something that says all breaded chicken has the same type of at least vaguely crunchy breading on it... There may be minor differences, but it's all essentially the same, right down to the spices in it.

The breading on this chicken tastes like chicken breading - it has all the correct spices - but the texture of it is more like the sort of breading you'd find on veal or something: It's like a bread-crumb sort of thing, a bit soggy and just a touch doughy.

This is messing with Jack's head, because his eyes are telling him chicken, but his brain keeps trying to insist that it's fish... :wacko:

• Like 3
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 2

At my old house in CO, the next door neighbors had a very aggressive pit. They said he was super sweet, and I'm sure he was with them, but he was very territorial, especially with regards to other dogs.

He kept breaking through the fence to try and get at other dogs. One day we had some friends visiting with their new puppy, and the dog broke through the fence and went after the puppy in the arms of their 5 year old daughter. We couldn't let our dog Griffon out in our own backyard without checking to see if their dog was in their backyard, because we didn't trust it to not get through the fence.

One day it did when they let it out while Griff was out, and it would have gotten Griff if I hadn't called him in as soon as I realized their dog was coming through the fence. He still bit at and managed a mouthful of fur off Griff's back leg as Griff ran for safety behind me up our deck. I pegged the dog right between the eyes with an airsoft gun when it came snarling at me, and would have taken a baseball bat to it if that hadn't caused it to back off.

That dog was the epitome of why people are scared of pits and want them banned.

Fortunately, the city I lived in had pretty good viscous dog laws and procedures, and the neighbors and their aggressive pit bull had to deal with the consequences, without affecting all the other more responsible owners and their sweet pits in our neighborhood.

• Like 8

This afternoon was a total disaster. I never should have left the house, but I needed some groceries. Wound up breaking some  glass bottles and had to go back out to get replacements. After I got home I couldn’t find my phone. Still haven’t found it. I don’t like it but replacing it will be expensive and possibly involve extending our contract,  and take that much longer to switch carriers which we have wanted to do for awhile.

• Sad 15

16 minutes ago, Flit said:

This afternoon was a total disaster. I never should have left the house, but I needed some groceries. Wound up breaking some  glass bottles and had to go back out to get replacements. After I got home I couldn’t find my phone. Still haven’t found it. I don’t like it but replacing it will be expensive and possibly involve extending our contract,  and take that much longer to switch carriers which we have wanted to do for awhile.

Shouldn't your carrier have a service where they can ocate your phone? 

Which apple products you can have all all of them connected, so if you loose one you can find it (to a limited degree, it'll tell you if it's in your house, but not under what cushion). Do androids have that?

• Like 6

46 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

So....  What happened to the pinning of the thread?  @OneBoot or @Darsc Zacal, do either of you know what happened with such? ^_^

I’ll admit I don’t follow the randomness thread as closely as I used to, but I don’t recall it ever being pinned.

Thats usually done for official Reaper threads or threads with important or helpful info.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Darsc Zacal said:

I’ll admit I don’t follow the randomness thread as closely as I used to, but I don’t recall it ever being pinned.

Thats usually done for official Reaper threads or threads with important or helpful info.

This thread has been pinned for most of its incarnation.

Edited by redambrosia
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Y’know that’s one of those things that you see just about everyday but when asked about it... Well I really couldn’t say.

I could see it always being listed at or near the top of the subforum because of its popularity though, without it being pinned.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Yup, this.  It was de-pinned once for unknown reasons (I blame lack of cookies), but beyond that since it's inception it's been pinned.  Same with the previous thread. 

• Like 3

I found my phone! The couch ate it and wit the TV on we couldn't hear it when it was called.

I wish I still had an Apple phone. Mr Flit's work buddies convinced him to switch to Android and I decided I would give it a try. The longer I've had it the more I dislike it. Next time I'm getting  another iPhone.

• Like 12

Note to self: Remember to blot the brush before applying to a mini... Thankfully I was just base coating bones skeletons, but... 

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Yup, this.  It was de-pinned once for unknown reasons (I blame lack of cookies), but beyond that since it's inception it's been pinned.  Same with the previous thread. 

Hmm. Well there you go...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1