Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

2 hours ago, LittleBluberry said:

Yay for roadside assistance, sorry about the rest of it.  Hubby's car beeps obnoxiously if you leave the lights on, just having them auto turn off is better.

I personally prefer the obnoxious beeping, on the premise that keys and lights are different tones...  But I can see how many would prefer automatic lights.

Hate the noises in my new work truck (2017 Ford Transit something) because it's the same tone whether it's your washer fluid being low, or the brake system failing to properly initialize.

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 6

Double-posting to ask a silly question: if a turkey is ready at 00:30 on Thanksgiving Day, does that mean you're doing it right?  Or does it just mean you took forever to get it into the oven, and put it in at 20:00ish on Sunday? :devil:

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Double-posting to ask a silly question: if a turkey is ready at 00:30 on Thanksgiving Day, does that mean you're doing it right?  Or does it just mean you took forever to get it into the oven, and put it in at 20:00ish on Sunday? :devil:

depends, are you expecting some sort of a turkey eating bat as a dinner guest?

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

15 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

depends, are you expecting some sort of a turkey eating bat as a dinner guest?

Nah, just a fox and a wolf that likes to try and get glitter on a fox...  No bats. 

Nope, not the Dutch glittery wuff, sorry.  My wolf ^_^ .. Rune always tries to get glitter on me when we visit Lush... 

Although I suspect anyone else awake on my floor in the apartment is probably being all "omg, why the teasing"! 

...i miss the night shift, but that's life.  Current job pays the bills, which is important...! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

20 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Nah, just a fox and a wolf that likes to try and get glitter on a fox...  No bats. 

Nope, not the Dutch glittery wuff, sorry.  My wolf ^_^ .. Rune always tries to get glitter on me when we visit Lush... 

Although I suspect anyone else awake on my floor in the apartment is probably being all "omg, why the teasing"! 

...i miss the night shift, but that's life.  Current job pays the bills, which is important...! 

See, these days I kind of wish I was on a "normal" shift. I've been on a combination of nights and afternoons for almost 10 years now. And with those shifts comes days off that aren't Saturday/Sunday. My social life is basically nothing anymore, not that it was really all that much to begin with, and when I want to do stuff on the weekends I can't because I'm usually working. I can't even hang out with people after work, because they're either sleeping or going to work.

And I've got what's likely to be another 10 years of this to go before I really get an honest chance to move to days.

• Like 1
  • Sad 7

I went to the local Highland Gathering on the weekend. It was good, but would have been better if SWMBO had been able to make it too. I did get her some stuff from the vendors, though.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, Unruly said:

See, these days I kind of wish I was on a "normal" shift. I've been on a combination of nights and afternoons for almost 10 years now. And with those shifts comes days off that aren't Saturday/Sunday. My social life is basically nothing anymore, not that it was really all that much to begin with, and when I want to do stuff on the weekends I can't because I'm usually working. I can't even hang out with people after work, because they're either sleeping or going to work.

And I've got what's likely to be another 10 years of this to go before I really get an honest chance to move to days.

Eerily enough, I actually really miss jobs where it's been Fri/Sat or Mon/Tues as my days off...  You can just get sooo much more done that way it feels...  Then again, most of my friends are night shift, and I just seem to operate better on that kind of schedule.  I definitely feel the pain though, and understand it, because in some ways, it's kind of what I'm going through, or scenarios I've been in during the past...

Kind of hard to beat the various conveniences that come with my current job though, as I do like having a vehicle to get to and from work that I don't really have to do any work on (I just take it in, and work pays for it, something about it being THEIR VEHICLE! ^_^), employee coffee program isn't all that bad (even if the new one sucks for how it's shipped), and the benefits aren't bad (even if they're somewhat pricy by Canadian standards, and take 2-3 weeks to pay you back if it wasn't direct billed)...

• Like 4

My mom brought two of Dark Sword's "Archer - Grumpy Cat Warlock". So tomorrow we will paint this grumpy kitty warlock together ::D:

• Like 10
  • Haha 4

The love is real, y'all. I already have almost 3 pages of background typed up on this girl. It's usually like.... a paragraph. Even Mori is usually just a paragraph or two for each tabletop/video game she's in.

I've been waffling on a couple things because I stay far away from the orphan trope out of sensitivity. Games are for fun, man. I get that tropes will always be everywhere to some degree, but to me the orphan one tends to be used insensitively or just to erase the need to have a backstory at all. But I think I've avoided the inconsiderate tropes. We'll see how I feel in the morning.

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

Can't resist.....  Canadian thanksgiving, as some would call it...

Outside, it's all.... (pic behind spoiler)

Spoiler

IMG_20181007_235933.thumb.jpg.273a5bb0a572b54d60bfecbfaa8bfeb2.jpg

Indoors it's rather different....(another pic behind spoiler)

Spoiler

IMG_20181008_010847.thumb.jpg.25b5d071fa363c361dc762ac1442abc9.jpg

....Turkey out of the oven at 00:45 Monday counts as being on the "correct" day, right? :P.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Painting is once again finally happening! The recent rains activated hibernation mode something fierce, over the weekend I may have matched the slumber level of the average housecat. Not something I ever thought to take pride in, but one takes one's victories where one can. 

• Like 13

My job doesn't offer paid maternity leave. Which sucks. I mean, I'll have 4 weeks of vacation my the time the baby is born, but I don't feel like 4 weeks is enough. 

But! Our union contract is up at the end of the year, so I'm campaigning to get paid maternity/paternity leave included. I've already got half of us on board for asking for it, if I can get one or two more I feel like we have a good chance of getting it. 

Mwuhahaha!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Monday, first workday after vacation!

So far so good.

Actually enjoying myself here.

I must be sick or something!

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, redambrosia said:

My job doesn't offer paid maternity leave. Which sucks. I mean, I'll have 4 weeks of vacation my the time the baby is born, but I don't feel like 4 weeks is enough. 

But! Our union contract is up at the end of the year, so I'm campaigning to get paid maternity/paternity leave included. I've already got half of us on board for asking for it, if I can get one or two more I feel like we have a good chance of getting it. 

Mwuhahaha!

Woo! Work that collective bargaining, girl! 

• Like 11