Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

I read that someone is working on Baldur's Gate 3 !!

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Hmm... It's been a few years since I've played it, but didn't Baldur's Gate 2 have a pretty definitive ending?

I'm pretty sure my dude became king and then died on a revenge quest fighting an infinite army of Dark Elves.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Unruly said:

Woo! Work that collective bargaining, girl! 

Lol you say "work that" and I imediately picture Wesley snipes in To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar :lol: 

Or Rue Paul, but frankly I prefer Wesley Snipes as my drag queen :lol:

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

28 minutes ago, aku-chan said:

Hmm... It's been a few years since I've played it, but didn't Baldur's Gate 2 have a pretty definitive ending?

I'm pretty sure my dude became king and then died on a revenge quest fighting an infinite army of Dark Elves.

Could be a prequel.

Anyway I would love it.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Morihalda said:

New campaign, yay! New campaign, yaaaay~! It's with folks that we've known for years and years and we're all really excited about it, so I hope it means it will last! I've never gotten more than 3 levels in any one campaign before....

My girl is amazing and great and I gotta sculpt her a mini. ::D:

She's gonna have a greatsword, but the hilt is resting behind her shoulder and the grip on her shoulder. No cutting shoulders haha!

image.png.3f216d01279ea1c99ce2d836fc0ac2c5.png

My first thought was that someone was playing either Abby Scuito or Pauley Perette herself.  I highly approved.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

58 minutes ago, aku-chan said:

Well, the original plan for BG3 was to go with an all new cast of characters. It, like the original Fallout 3(aka Van Buren),was pretty well sketched out before it got canceled and Black Isle Studios was shut down.

• Like 7

12 hours ago, Morihalda said:

She's gonna have a greatsword, but the hilt is resting behind her shoulder and the grip on her shoulder. No cutting shoulders haha!

Point of order - a two-handed sword (or any sword larger than a gladius, really) wouldn't have that part of the blade sharpened anyway...

If you check out any Medieval combat manual or demonstration, fighters will routinely grip their swords by the bottom half of the blade for certain strikes - only the last two or two and a half feet from the pointy end are sharpened, for various reasons.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Morihalda said:

New campaign, yay! New campaign, yaaaay~! It's with folks that we've known for years and years and we're all really excited about it, so I hope it means it will last! I've never gotten more than 3 levels in any one campaign before....

My girl is amazing and great and I gotta sculpt her a mini. ::D:

image.png.3f216d01279ea1c99ce2d836fc0ac2c5.png

I would so buy her as a mini.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

2018-10-03.jpg

I have never had a conversation like that with Megan!

Well, not for a few years, anyway.... ::P:

I love Weregeek.

The Auld Grump - I've actually killed fewer PCs since Megan and I got together... she's a kindly influence.

*EDIT* I'm a Joel....

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 9

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

We still haven't finished the first one. I bought 2 when it came out and have played it through 2-3 times. I have both the Icewind Dale games too.  I bought the enhanced edition of Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 this spring and am trying to play 1 with both my boys. Using an ancient laptop for myself means I need to start getting it ready a half hour before we play. Then we suck and get killed a dozen times by bandits that shouldn't be tough. Then mom gets mad we've all been on the computers/tablets too long. Then the younger son loses interest. Haven't even been playing my solo game on it over the summer. Hoping to get back at it in a month when my work on the farm slows down.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Froggy the Great said:

My first thought was that someone was playing either Abby Scuito or Pauley Perette herself.  I highly approved.

I looked her up and her bangs are seriously perfect. I'm going to use her as a reference now, thank you!!

2 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

Point of order - a two-handed sword (or any sword larger than a gladius, really) wouldn't have that part of the blade sharpened anyway...

If you check out any Medieval combat manual or demonstration, fighters will routinely grip their swords by the bottom half of the blade for certain strikes - only the last two or two and a half feet from the pointy end are sharpened, for various reasons.

Oooh, thank you! I super appreciate that. I was trying to find videos online about transporting two-handed swords or fighting with them, but I've really got to work on my Google searching. I'm awful. :( The closest I've found has been illustrations holding it like this or with the arm straight down the side cradling the pommel.

And gods forbid I look up "female holding a greatsword."

:blink:

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, Morihalda said:

And gods forbid I look up "female holding a greatsword."

I dunno... this seems legit..

image.png.17cecc486d1948d796f69ed3984cc0e3.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 16

email from customer "My fees have jumped 50% in the last month"

Later in same email.  "They've increased from 4.5% to 6%" 

umm, last time I checked, that was only a 33% increase. 

I hate penny pinchers who are bad at math....

• Haha 9
  • Confused 1

@Morihalda:

There's really no good way to carry a zweihänder (2-handed sword), just as there's no good way to carry a polearm. When you're carrying either, that's pretty much what you're doing right then.

As an aside, the unsharpened forte of the blade is called (among other terms) the ricasso. And real zweihänders often have a second set of quillons on the blade above the ricasso to protect a hand held there. Those quillons are normally forged along with the blade and as a part of it rather than as an added piece.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, eldamir said:

I dunno... this seems legit..

image.png.17cecc486d1948d796f69ed3984cc0e3.png

Heeeey! I play Guild Wars 2 too much. That's a Dulfy screenshot for previewing new weapon sets. :lol:

Kiara is even a character of mine in GW2.

I tend to take screenshots with my weapons unequipped or out since they always just stow floating there haha.

• Like 7