Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

21 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

Parts have now been tested to their ultimate limit load and nothing went kaboom! Not even a little nondetrimental deformation! Now to hit them really, really hard (aka impact testing).

When all of your problems are impact testing, everything's a hammer?

:huh:

• Haha 13

I won an argument with Grump that we didn't actually have. ::):

He read a mystery the other day where the hero has a potential love interest that is ten years younger, out of thirty something, and is having a crisis of conscience over it.

Grump was thinking "You already talk to her more than any of the other characters, you have a lot of interests in common, and you like her. TALK to her more you idiot, before deciding that the answer is NO!"

I asked him "Let me guess, then you had a Pot Calling the Kettle moment, right?"

And he told me "No, I congratulated myself on lesson learned!"

GOOD answer! :bday: Sometimes he is SOOOO Catholic, but he is getting better. ::P:

• Haha 13
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

I'm sorry!

I will get out of the way..

Hm..what was that? Felt a bit strange..

*** Looks at the steamroller's big wheel, sees some tentacles flailing about from under it***

*** @Erifnogard? Is that you?***

This explains the run down feeling I'm experiencing.

GEM

Ever have one of those days where you feel like you have a flat tire - but all over?

• Sad 6

The kids version of the Down the Well adventure has now split from the grown up version.

The kids version is more complicated. ::P:

First off - the kids will be playing kids - and the adult NPCs may not believe that something is wrong.

Also, I am roping Sam and Dain in as ringers - trying to get Sam to play the little girl that disappeared, while Dain only becomes a ringer later.

A ringer is an NPC played by one of the players.

Sam's character didn't survive, and now is just a bit careful about things like daylight.... Dain will be the one that 'finds' her, in the woods, and takes her back home.

In this setting vampires will be dead during daylight - not bursting into flame at the touch of the sun, just... dead. And being in a dark place does not change that - when the sun is up, the vamp is down, even Down the Well.

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 7

19 hours ago, strawhat said:

Phase I of my Reaper Inventory is complete!  Mostly Bones III stuff, but a few individual purchases as well.  Each name, SKU, material, quantity in inventory, race, class, armor, clothing, weapons, and misc. items carried!

I'm still not quite sure how to do scenery, and some of the keywords still need a bit of work.  I also need pictures--That will probably be Phase III.  I'm still not sure what Phase II will entail.

I thought Phase III was "Profit", following Phase II of "?"

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

On 9/21/2018 at 4:20 PM, Weird-O said:

No kidding, just about everything there is gorgeous. But dat wessel...

I've decided price is as nothing. If this is the full ship with masts and all, I gotta have this.

The full masts and rigging are planned as a separate kit - with stub masts for gamers included with the main kit.

Since rigging is fiddly indeed.

The Auld Grump

On 10/5/2018 at 8:58 PM, Doug Sundseth said:

You can send your chocolates with added salt or capsaicin to me. Gooood stuff.

We have two containers of hot chocolate - pretty much His and Hers, with not infrequent crossings.

Mine contains chili peppers.

Megan just has to be in the right mood for that, otherwise she sticks with just the chocolate.

The Auld Grump - both are real cocoa, not instant - though we have a box of that for 'emergencies'.

• Like 7

The fall-like weather has finally arrived here. Now I'm waiting for the first frost to wipe out the last of the bitey insects.

• Like 8

41 minutes ago, sumbloke said:

I thought Phase III was "Profit", following Phase II of "?"

Well, if I could program for Android/IOS, that could be the case.  But I can't, and since my drawers are safely and securely stowed, I do not think that Phase III will be financially beneficial.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Unruly said:

Maybe he thinks you're reading the form wrong, and if he keeps sending it again and again you'll eventually read it correctly and find the information that doesn't exist in the document in the document.

OMG.  I sent him the exact requirements we need, in the form of a copy of the internal documents we use to record each site's setup information in our database. 

His reply was to ask me to send the document that could use the numbers he was sending...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 6

19 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

OMG.  I sent him the exact requirements we need, in the form of a copy of the internal documents we use to record each site's setup information in our database. 

His reply was to ask me to send the document that could use the numbers he was sending...

There really should be a face-palm emoji or reaction...  Sad doesn't really fit the bill.  

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

This is sounding more and more like a textbook case of Unfixable Stupid. :down:

Good Luck

GEM

On another topic:

Somebody posted about shoulder sitting dragons from Wally World Halloween Dept.

Tried to order one but order was bounced after It was already paid for. :angry:

Managed to find one for a few dollars more from another vendor. ::):

It Just Arrived [Insert:  Snoopy doing a Happy Dance]

GEM

It hasn't told me its name yet.

• Like 7

Long day at work today, tomorrow looks to be about the same. I don't mind, though. My efforts are genuinely appreciated.

Treat me moderately well, and I'll bend over backwards to try and help you.

Also, a group ' sorry you're not feeling well, I hope you get better quickly' to those that are feeling ill.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I started playing Metal Gear Solid 5 again. All its doing is making me wish that Konami and Hideo Kojima hadn't had their falling out, and that they'd given Kojima time to actually finish the 3rd act that is obviously missing from the game. It's such a wonderful game that does so much right, but it's incomplete.

Also, I'd love to have an MGS6 that follows in these footsteps...

• Like 4