Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

Why is it that when gluing things if you make a small mistake you get a permanent bond but when things are exactly where they should be the piece falls off? Same glue, a couple minutes difference and totally different result.

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

So, on Monday my husband's manager changed the schedule so that my husband would be working two closing shifts, basically because the manager didn't want to. My husband works opening shifts and has since he started work there. The manager didn't talk to him about and was pretty rude to Hubby when asked about it. 

He knew my husband would be upset by it. 

So today the manager asked asked him if he was still upset, which my husband was. But he wasn't being unprofessional, he was doing what he usually does when upset, staying quiet. 

Two hours after after asking if he was still upset, the manager called him into the office and fired him. For "bad attitude". 

He actually fired him him because he wants to step down from management, but only if he can have those opening shifts. He'd said as much to my husband a few times. 

I'm really hoping something falls in this guy. Like maybe frozen waste from an airplane.

• Sad 21

3 hours ago, Zink said:

Why is it that when gluing things if you make a small mistake you get a permanent bond but when things are exactly where they should be the piece falls off? Same glue, a couple minutes difference and totally different result.

One of the Subclauses of Murphy's Law has to be involved.

That or Quantum Mechanics.

GEM

32 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

So, on Monday my husband's manager changed the schedule so that my husband would be working two closing shifts, basically because the manager didn't want to. My husband works opening shifts and has since he started work there. The manager didn't talk to him about and was pretty rude to Hubby when asked about it. 

So today the manager asked asked him if he was still upset, which my husband was. But he wasn't being unprofessional, he was doing what he usually does when upset, staying quiet. 

Two hours after after asking if he was still upset, the manager called him into the office and fired him. For "bad attitude". 

He actually fired him him because he wants to step down from management, but only if he can have those opening shifts. He'd said as much to my husband a few times. 

I'm really hoping something falls in this guy. Like maybe frozen waste from an airplane.

Preferably from a non-stop transcontinental flight.

GEM

• Like 7

2 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Wow, he can do that?

Here in the Netherlands he wouldn't have been able to fire him like that.

Any chance to get this up to a higher manager and see if it can be reversed?

I wish you luck.

• Like 5

Advise Hubster to apply for the soon-to-be-abandoned manager job. 

:devil:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

25 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Wow, he can do that?

I wish you luck.

It's called "At-will Employment." Basically, they can fire you over anything they want, at any time, and without warning, and there's nothing you can do about it unless you can prove it was discriminatory to race or religion. Which is often near-impossible to do. And that's all I'm going to say about it because it's a contentious topic in US politics, for some obvious reasons.

There's all sorts of information available online about the situation if you want to learn more.

Edited by Unruly
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Zink said:

I concur with Green eyed Monster; definitely Murphy's Law.

That's totally elfed up. I hope your husband will be able to bounce back and get as good or an even better job quickly.  I will also join you in hoping that Karma crushes that dude in a spectacular fashion.

Weird dream last night; it started off with me and some other people on a space ship/station/whatever being stalked and picked off by a monster, a la Alien. Then it changed to the monster being able to infect humans, thereby creating more monsters. Then it got really strange; I came upon a secured room that I had an access key for, inside were all the people that I was trapped with and they were playing a board game of what we were going through outside the room where whatever happened in the game happened in 'reality'.

• Like 9

52 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Wow, he can do that?

I wish you luck.

Like @Unruly said, most places in the US are at will employment. Unless you have a union to protect you (like I do) your bosses can treat you like garbage and you have to just deal with it.

38 minutes ago, TGP said:

Advise Hubster to apply for the soon-to-be-abandoned manager job. 

:devil:

Lol, that place is a trash heap. I wouldn't want him to work there after this, especially considering the way they fired Bob (Hubby's long time friend and chef). It would be fun for Hubby to be that guy's boss, but not worth the rest of the stress.

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

8 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Like @Unruly said, most places in the US are at will employment. Unless you have a union to protect you (like I do) your bosses can treat you like garbage and you have to just deal with it.

Lol, that place is a trash heap. I wouldn't want him to work there after this, especially considering the way they fired Bob (Hubby's long time friend and chef). It would be fun for Hubby to be that guy's boss, but not worth the rest of the stress.

I hope hubby will find something suitable soon then.

All the best of luck!

WOOF is fully prepared to execute a vicious attack.

*** Studies map, USA...that's someplace West isn't it?***

*** Hmmmm Bering Sea..nope...Black Sea...pfff...no...erm****

*** We'll get back to you!***

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Waiting to get my tooth drilled into so that a filling can be replaced. While I'm in the waiting room, there's two guys talking phone networks. As in the actual hardware behind running a switched phone network for a business. I guess they know each other, because it started out with one asking how his retirement was going and then it just delved into all the stuff the guy did before he retired in order to switch over their phone systems. They must work at the local NIOSH office, because they were talking about the phones getting routed through a regional CDC office.

Also, before taking into account the dentist's bill that I'll be paying today, I already broke my budget for this month by about $100. It's not a killer thing, but it is going to mess up my Christmas shopping, because October is when I usually start eyeballing stuff.

Edited by Unruly
  • Like 3
  • Sad 5

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

I hope hubby will find something suitable soon then.

All the best of luck!

WOOF is fully prepared to execute a vicious attack.

*** Studies map, USA...that's someplace West isn't it?***

*** Hmmmm Bering Sea..nope...Black Sea...pfff...no...erm****

*** We'll get back to you!***

*leans over and points at a random spot on the map*  Is it this one you're thinking of? No wait, that's Spain.  How about... Nope that's Greece. 

Aha! 

Nor.... Way?  Wait a second, why are we looking at your "places I want to go to" vacation list?  This is supposed to be a real world map, not some global domination map drawn out in pencil crayons and glitter! 

• Haha 8

3 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

*leans over and points at a random spot on the map*  Is it this one you're thinking of? No wait, that's Spain.  How about... Nope that's Greece. 

Aha! 

Nor.... Way?  Wait a second, why are we looking at your "places I want to go to" vacation list?  This is supposed to be a real world map, not some global domination map drawn out in pencil crayons and glitter! 

*** Whispers to head of WOOF Secret Service***

*** This one knows to much!!!***

• Haha 7

2 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

*** Whispers to head of WOOF Secret Service***

*** This one knows to much!!!***

*coughs nervously* Last night's snack binge made you forget you outsorced secret service to us foxes, didn't it....  I was wondering what happened to those cookies..... ::P:

• Haha 8

M.E.O.W. knows exactly what to do with maps!

245798404_c1e7d159b6_b.jpg

EDIT: Woah, not having the glowy golden background to my posts will take some getting used to. :blink:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 2
  • Haha 11