Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

6 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

*coughs nervously* Last night's snack binge made you forget you outsorced secret service to us foxes, didn't it....  I was wondering what happened to those cookies..... ::P:

*** Ah...of course how could I forget? Shoves empty rum bottle and plate full of cookie crumbs behind the curtain with his foot while distracting the Fox***

*** Carry on! Good Job! Well done***

ALL HAIL WOOF!

2 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

M.E.O.W. knows exactly what to do with maps!

***snip***

EDIT: Woah, not having the glowy golden background to my posts will take some getting used to. :blink:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

*** Hmmm.... M.E.O.W. lost the MOD power huh?***

*** It would be unfortunate if some organisation would try to take advantage of that***

*** Luckily there are no WOOF or R.I.B.B.I.T. Mods...so we have nothing to fear here.***

*** Right? @Froggy the Great?***

• Haha 10

Got my 23 & me results; mostly human. About half German, a third British (which doesn't really narrow it down much; Celtic, Roman, Anglo-Saxon, and Norman (which were more Viking than French), and the rest generally North Western European. Only 2.4 % Native American. About 4% Neanderthal, which is greater than 75% of the general population. Mostly human. :rolleyes:

What does all of this mean? Not much. I was adopted and I wanted the health results, the ancestry stuff was a bonus. All good on the health markers, which just means I'm not genetically predisposed to the limited things they look for. Otherwise interesting enough.

• Like 10
  • Haha 4

24 minutes ago, DocPiske said:

Got my 23 & me results; mostly human. About half German, a third British (which doesn't really narrow it down much; Celtic, Roman, Anglo-Saxon, and Norman (which were more Viking than French), and the rest generally North Western European. Only 2.4 % Native American. About 4% Neanderthal, which is greater than 75% of the general population. Mostly human. :rolleyes:

What does all of this mean? Not much. I was adopted and I wanted the health results, the ancestry stuff was a bonus. All good on the health markers, which just means I'm not genetically predisposed to the limited things they look for. Otherwise interesting enough.

It could be worse... you could be all human :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 8

14 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

It could be worse... you could be all human :rolleyes:

Note: If it was text it would be in purple.

image.png.5d23ea621c875d20c48612f6b659cd4b.png

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Lol, that place is a trash heap. I wouldn't want him to work there after this, especially considering the way they fired Bob (Hubby's long time friend and chef). It would be fun for Hubby to be that guy's boss, but not worth the rest of the stress.

From what I've heard it should hopefully be easy for him to find a new (maybe better) job in our region.  I wish you the best of luck!  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DocPiske said:

Only 2.4 % Native American.

That’s more than I have as I got a goose egg on that. But family history was that great^3 grandmother was half savage Indian, and at the time of her birth, that wasn’t exactly a good thing to claim. So now we are left pondering why that false history got passed down. Nobody’s results have shown anything that would have been embarrassing back in the day, so it’s really weird. 

• Like 6

I substituted a ruined castle for the dungeon crawl in House of the Beast - for a small party, having bottlenecks is a good thing - but for a large party of adventurers the advantage can go the other way.

So, ruins, with fewer bottlenecks, and maybe encouraging the kids to Mwa ha ha split the party.

I am still figuring on it taking two sessions - and next week we take a brief hiatus for The Plague of Chillwell.

The Auld Grump

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

It's weird, aside from the miserable queasy moments and the occasional crazy moments, I have been absurdly happy and positive since finding out I'm pregnant. Like, Hubby is extremely worried and stressed right now, he feels like he's let me down because he got fired, but I'm just like, we'll be fine, you'll get a new job, we can crush anything in our path together! Rawr! 

Happy baby hormones I guess.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

That’s more than I have as I got a goose egg on that. But family history was that great^3 grandmother was half savage Indian, and at the time of her birth, that wasn’t exactly a good thing to claim. So now we are left pondering why that false history got passed down. Nobody’s results have shown anything that would have been embarrassing back in the day, so it’s really weird. 

On my dad's side of the family there's a "Cherokee" guy. Everyone insists he was Cherokee. The family still insists it. Even when faced with photos of the guy. Nope, he's totally Cherokee, I'm just looking at the photo wrong. Honest.

My dad got one of those tests done and confirmed my mother's suspicions.

My dad's family always claimed and still claims the guy was Cherokee because that was a helluva lot safer to say than admitting he was black and his wife was white. In the 1870s. In the South.

It's not embarrassing now but back when it happened, being Cherokee, even being "Cherokee", was preferable to being killed.

• Like 10

Just found out pax unplugged has a painting competition. And they have the pick up at 5pm on Sunday. Which is about 3 hours after I was expecting to leave the con.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

48 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

It's weird, aside from the miserable queasy moments and the occasional crazy moments, I have been absurdly happy and positive since finding out I'm pregnant. Like, Hubby is extremely worried and stressed right now, he feels like he's let me down because he got fired, but I'm just like, we'll be fine, you'll get a new job, we can crush anything in our path together! Rawr! 

Happy baby hormones I guess.

Well, my grandfather had a totally NSFW joke about that and how you could tell the baby’s sex from the way the mother was feeling. He went 7-0 on guessing if he got a new grandson or granddaughter.

I’ll not repeat the joke, but I’ll be betting on a son for you. 

43 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

On my dad's side of the family there's a "Cherokee" guy. Everyone insists he was Cherokee. The family still insists it. Even when faced with photos of the guy. Nope, he's totally Cherokee, I'm just looking at the photo wrong. Honest.

My dad got one of those tests done and confirmed my mother's suspicions.

My dad's family always claimed and still claims the guy was Cherokee because that was a helluva lot safer to say than admitting he was black and his wife was white. In the 1870s. In the South.

It's not embarrassing now but back when it happened, being Cherokee, even being "Cherokee", was preferable to being killed.

And completely understandable for that time! I honestly was expecting a similar result from the first family member’s DNA test. Instead... nothing. Unless they considered Irish worse than NA. Which seems doubtful. Dunno. Family mystery which will remain unsolved as the answers to why have all been long in the grave. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Did she claim that the Indian parent raised them? If not this may well have been a matter of great^4 grandma blaming a member of a marginalized group for a regular old dead beat dad.

• Like 8

Jeebus my tooth is killing me now. All the novocaine just wore off, and the aspirin hasn't kicked in yet. All I want to do is go to sleep, but right now I'm also really tempted to go find a pair of pliers and just yank this freaking tooth out of my mouth...

• Sad 9

2 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Keep in mind that these things can also fade out of one side of a family, given enough time. (probably more than 4 generations though) You inherit half your genes from each parent, but it's a randomly selected half. If your parent is half elf, you are not guaranteed to be exactly 25% elf yourself. It could easily be 24% or 26%. Inheriting exactly 25% would be the average, but individual results will vary.

How much of the family have you surveyed?

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

Did she claim that the Indian parent raised them? If not this may well have been a matter of great^4 grandma blaming a member of a marginalized group for a regular old dead beat dad.

Nope, story was that she was left on a church doorstep with a note claiming that heritage. Preacher adopted her so the family tree doesn’t go past that. Preacher and wife were childless at the time, so no chance of a daughter secretly getting pregnant.

37 minutes ago, klarg1 said:

Keep in mind that these things can also fade out of one side of a family, given enough time. (probably more than 4 generations though) You inherit half your genes from each parent, but it's a randomly selected half. If your parent is half elf, you are not guaranteed to be exactly 25% elf yourself. It could easily be 24% or 26%. Inheriting exactly 25% would be the average, but individual results will vary.

How much of the family have you surveyed?

Father, his sister (so my aunt), myself, both my kids (but if I’m zero then they are as well). Zero traces. 

Edited by Pegazus
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1