Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

You know.... the big bad in Legacy of Fire really gets on my nerves.

I am tempted to let the kids find him dead, after he chokes on a chicken bone or something.... <_<

I.... just want to thump him upside the ear hole.

I don't remember being this annoyed with him when I read through the path, but now....

The Auld Grump - pretty sure it is supposed to be the players that get this annoyed with him.

*EDIT* Having a sit down with Dain and Sam - finding out if they are up for some Hallowe'en skullduggery. Have to make sure that they realize that they are actually supposed to lose this time around.

Wow, that was a fast meeting - Dain's response was 'How about a Renfield, instead'. And enough to realize that he has read Dracula, not just seen the movies.

He wants his character to be going mad, getting crazier and crazier.

I should have figured this out - he is also the the one whose dwarf pirate put all his heart and soul into the word 'gooollld'. The kid's a ham. ::):

The Auld Grump - it is possible that I too have ham moments....

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 7

Last pregens for Death House special run have been made:

Male halfling ranger: Mini based on this one: http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/halfling/latest/02099. I will tell the player the character likes to dual wield since the penalty for 2 weapon in 5e really isn't that bad (2nd attack with no modifier unless they are negative).

Male hobgoblin wizard: Mini - http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/hobgoblin/sku-down/03699

Male (Glasya) Tiefling Rogue: Mini - http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/hellborn/sku-down/60071 He is Lawful evil & his background is a charlatan. He'll be a interesting character for a player to play up.

Male Shadar-Kai (elf) Warlock (Patron :The Undying): Anther one that'll be interesting if played right. Mini - Still looking for this one.

Need to make a couple of minis before the game as well since I never did like what I used when I ran it before. They are: Animated broom & Door mimic. Door mimic will be the new animated door from the Dragon Heist prepaints. Probably cut it off the flying post & then green stuff the mimic parts on. Broom will the harder of the 2. I've got a toothpick with some wire to make it fly but the bristles I'm stuck on.

AL players seem to be looking forward to the event. I can't wait to run it. Last Monday's AL game was great as well. I had a new player show up. 2 existing players made their own characters: human cleric & a half-orc bard. (Current party consist of those 2 + a wood elf druid & human wizard & occasionally a human archer( fighter). This character is ran by the store owner who sits in if needed. He doesn't mind as he gets to learn the 5e ruleset.

Players finally made it out the Cragmaw goblin cave & is in Phandalin, the frontier town they need to travel to. Seems like we get about 2 good hours each week with character creation & late player arrivals. I don't mind really. I would rather see player participation grow right now. 

4 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Ow.

Heroic Maps is having a sale of 50% off on 'Hallowe'en' themed maps....

Including two versions of an insane asylum - active and abandoned.

There is no way I could run two horror scenarios in the same asylum, twenty years apart, is there? (Mwa ha ha ha!)

This... could be painful....

The Auld Grump, yeah... it is gonna be painful....

The Murder house map has potential. I used a couple of their maps when I ran a short 5e game for RCon last year. It was a adventure based off "Hound of Baskerville" I used a keep map & a tomb map from them. It really looked nice printed in full color on black foamcore.

• Like 5

Find a suitably sized gnarly twig.

Find an old dead brush and carefully remove the bristles

Glue the bristles to the gnarly twig.

Apply an even coat of glue over the glued bristles and wrap with fine thread.

Paint to suit.

You now have a gnarly broom, suitable for everything from sweeping to flying

GEM

Edited by Green Eyed Monster
  • Like 8

4 minutes ago, haldir said:

I've got a toothpick with some wire to make it fly but the bristles I'm stuck on.

I have a crazy idea.  What about using an appropriately colored tuft of grass usually used for basing?

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

I have a crazy idea.  What about using an appropriately colored tuft of grass usually used for basing?

HmmmmI like this one. I also like GEM's idea as well. I'll have to experiment with both tomorrow.

Ok I got my elf warlock mini: 

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/elf wizard/sku-down/02245

He has a staff but other then that I like the mini. Placed a ebay order along with the Ladystorm Yeti chieftain (Bones) with a seller that I know will get the figures to me by Monday.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Morihalda said:

Hugs all the friends.

Long day today.

Hugs back!

Days over. Always a chance for a better tomorrow.

Browsing Fantization to see if they might have images of the upcoming Reaper releases this month & I came across this as a Dark Sword preorder:

DSM8129.jpg 

DSM8129c.jpg

DSM8129d.jpg

Might interest some on here.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

As far as family histories go, on my dad's side(German) there's legend that we have Spanish minor royalty somewhere in there. It's supposed to account for our darker complexion compared to most Germans. My dad thinks that it's much more likely that someone in the past hooked up with a Romani Gypsy and said they were Spanish.

He got one of those DNA tests done, and if I remember right the results were basically just 95+% Central European. Which doesn't really answer much.

In other news, my tooth has stopped screaming in pain, but it is now super sensitive and I have to switch my chewing side to make it not hurt.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

Since I don't have contacts with my dad's side (he's a "sheep"head & I'm gonna leave it at that) of the family but I before we went into exile of each other I did find out that part of me is German. My mom's grandmother is Irish-American & she married a Filipino. My wife's family is all German.

I'd like to see what all in my ancestry but I've yet to look into those DNA tests.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, haldir said:

Hugs back!

Days over. Always a chance for a better tomorrow.

Browsing Fantization to see if they might have images of the upcoming Reaper releases this month & I came across this as a Dark Sword preorder:

DSM8129.jpg 

DSM8129c.jpg

DSM8129d.jpg

Might interest some on here.

I saw that one come up on DS's facebook. It is not how I imagined a cat dragon, but it totally works. I've been trying to resist. **winces**

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Morihalda said:

Hugs all the friends.

Long day today.

:hugs: 

If you'd like you can come over and have cinnamon rolls with me. Hubby made cream cheese frosting and I have chocolate milk. We can watch movies and make fun of my kitteh.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Aside from the eye-roll-worthy stories one of my dad's hobbies is genealogy. He's traced his family back to the 1760s.

Both my mom and dad got genetic tests so I figure I'm good. Looking at their numbers and extrapolating I find I can claim 4 continents, I better not ever need a bone marrow match because I will never find one, and I am no greater than 15% anything (Norwegian). I am a well-mixed mutt.

• Like 10