Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

7 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

I'm confused.

What precisely is the difference here?

GEM

I don't really know where that particular great grandmother came from, so she gets 'American' as a placeholder. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, redambrosia said:

:hugs: 

If you'd like you can come over and have cinnamon rolls with me. Hubby made cream cheese frosting and I have chocolate milk. We can watch movies and make fun of my kitteh.

That sounds absolutely lovely! Happy sobs

• Like 10

That Cat Dragon from Dark Sword gives me more of a Cat Vampire in Bat form vibe.

Looks great!

@Chaoswolf if you have a tired, sleep it off. Works for me most of the time...:upside:

Thorsday People!

Have fun it's almost weekend!

1 hour ago, OneBoot said:

[This space intentionally left blank]

WOOF ALERT!

This is clearly a trap!

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Cyradis said:

I saw that one come up on DS's facebook. It is not how I imagined a cat dragon, but it totally works. I've been trying to resist. **winces**

First thing that came to me was cat Wyvern. 

• Like 7

Dark Sword makes awesome minis, the Anthros are a very cool range.

I painted a few of them, very good sculpts.

Looking at the pile of unpainted stuff, the orders I recently made, the Kickstarters that will be coming, the impending BOGW's and the bust @SamuraiJack is sending me, I will probably not buy more for a while.

image.png.1748f3dacfb24fb9cdaa68dd7a5bbaab.png

• Like 11
  • Haha 4

Today is the last day of my stay-cation. I don't want to go back to work tomorrow night. I still have so much nothing to do!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Unruly said:

Today is the last day of my stay-cation. I don't want to go back to work tomorrow night. I still have so much nothing to do!

I hear you!

When my vacation ended and I got back to work, I solved it by doing as little as possible at work...:ph34r:

• Like 7

46 minutes ago, Unruly said:

Yeah, my sleep-cation didn't start out the way I wanted. For some reason yesterday I couldn't fall asleep when I got home. I ended up staying up til noon, getting up at 6, then going back to bed at 10pm. Then back up at 3am. 

This is not not how I envisioned this going. If this keeps up, I'm not gonna get all the sleep I was hoping for.

• Like 4
  • Sad 5

10 hours ago, Morihalda said:

Hugs all the friends.

Long day today.

>gives great big hug right back<  Yes, it was.

Thanks!

7 hours ago, OneBoot said:

[This space intentionally left blank]

>carefully examines the empty/not empty post, sniffs it a few times, and backs off to a safe distance<

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

So the form guy I was complaining about a couple of days ago?   This morning I came in, and I had another form from him.  Lo and behold, it's got all the numbers I actually need on it!   And then, despite my skepticism that it would, it passed the first programming hurdle.   Now all that's left to do is process a credit card and make sure the owner gets his money.  

My gut appears to have been wrong on this one....and that makes me happy. 

• Like 21

39 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Yeah, my sleep-cation didn't start out the way I wanted. For some reason yesterday I couldn't fall asleep when I got home. I ended up staying up til noon, getting up at 6, then going back to bed at 10pm. Then back up at 3am. 

This is not not how I envisioned this going. If this keeps up, I'm not gonna get all the sleep I was hoping for.

You have discovered the first great irony of pregnancy -- so much desire for sleep and so many obstacles to sleeping.  

I remember when I was pregnant with second daughter and a stay at home parent with a preschooler, we used to play games where we hid in the bed under the covers and pretended to be napping kitties or something.  It was almost as good as actually sleeping.

• Like 8
  • Haha 8

*sigh*

I am ever vigilant to watch the internal job postings. It’s been around 15 years since my last promotion*** and I’d like to move upwards. Next step ups seem to come up very rarely, so was happy to see one today. I even qualify more than others probably since I’ve actually done what they are wanting to start (model based analysis integration into design process). But... the position seems more managerial and consulting rather than doing, and I’m not really interested that much.  It’s a little sad, as the job is there for the taking for me I feel, but it’s not the step in the direction I want to take.

Oh well. Maybe tomorrow. 

***not that odd; only five engineering levels: 1=noob, 2=capable, 3=knows, 4=scars from the knows, 5=grey hair covers up the scars, and going from 1-3 takes maybe 5 years)

• Like 8
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

That Cat Dragon from Dark Sword gives me more of a Cat Vampire in Bat form vibe.

Looks great!

@Chaoswolf if you have a tired, sleep it off. Works for me most of the time...:upside:

Thorsday People!

Have fun it's almost weekend!

WOOF ALERT!

This is clearly a trap!

My thought was 'It's Meowsferatu!'

Not sure if Sam and Dain will be able to pull off the NPCs, but confidence in their future coupleness is definitely increased.

Dain had Sam laughing with his Renfield. (An eleven year old, hyperactive Peter Lorre. Dain isn't hyperactive, but he faked it well. ::): 'The blood is the life Mistress! The blood is the LIFE!:lol:

The adult version is a bit more straight forward.

The Auld Grump

1 minute ago, Pegazus said:

*sigh*

I am ever vigilant to watch the internal job postings. It’s been around 15 years since my last promotion*** and I’d like to move upwards. Next step ups seem to come up very rarely, so was happy to see one today. I even qualify more than others probably since I’ve actually done what they are wanting to start (model based analysis integration into design process). But... the position seems more managerial and consulting rather than doing, and I’m not really interested that much.  It’s a little sad, as the job is there for the taking for me I feel, but it’s not the step in the direction I want to take.

Oh well. Maybe tomorrow. 

***not that odd; only five engineering levels: 1=noob, 2=capable, 3=knows, 4=scars from the knows, 5=grey hair covers up the scars, and going from 1-3 takes maybe 5 years)

6=hairy ears. (Long running joke about engineers.)

The Auld Grump

• Like 6
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

*** Races through the thread on a jetbike***

***Flies behind on the great abomination (the great Hoover craft) vacuuming up the shedding glitter***

16 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

*sigh*

Oh well. Maybe tomorrow. 

If you go to the dark side, make sure you want to walk that path.  Engineering promotions are slow, but at least you don't get mired in middle management, never to touch real work again...

• Like 8
  • Haha 3