Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

@Morihalda *hugs*

It seems like no one around here is getting proper sleep. I went to bed at 2 AM and woke up at 5 AM and am still up. It is now 8:15. I'd kill for a long nap/sleep right now. It doesn't help that I'm not at home in my own bed. Tons to do today so not sure when I'll actually get home.

• Like 8

Monday so can't come soon enough... I want to pull the trigger on this order, but I really want those paints.  Hmmmmmm.  Tough call to make I suspect. ::P:

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, TheAuldGrump said:

6=hairy ears. (Long running joke about engineers.)

The Auld Grump

I hates my ear hair. I hates it! Course, were I able to keep my fingers away from it, I could probably grow my own earmuffs.

49 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

If you go to the dark side, make sure you want to walk that path.  Engineering promotions are slow, but at least you don't get mired in middle management, never to touch real work again...

Definately not a path I intend to take. Had a newly minted manager once that lasted a year and a half before he gave management an ultimatum to either put him back as a main line design engineer or accept his resignation. He managed to avoid the dark side and is happily playing with CAD again. 

• Like 9

Urgh...

My cold is starting to get me down. 

All last night and most of today I was going through the 'Why won't my nose stop running?' stage, now that's finally slowing down I've entered the 'hot and ache all over' stage. 

Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow, there's a limit to how many match 3 games I can play.

• Sad 8

4 hours ago, kristof65 said:

So the form guy I was complaining about a couple of days ago?   This morning I came in, and I had another form from him.  Lo and behold, it's got all the numbers I actually need on it!   And then, despite my skepticism that it would, it passed the first programming hurdle.   Now all that's left to do is process a credit card and make sure the owner gets his money.  

My gut appears to have been wrong on this one....and that makes me happy. 

IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This entire site upgrade should have been a disaster.  The former owners didn't do any work on the site since 2008 in terms of maintaining the POS system, let alone upgrading it. The new owner failed to do any due diligence, and managed to create several large problems & expenses for himself before he got the distributor and us involved, part of which meant getting him these upgrades so he wouldn't lose any more money.  Knowing we were upgrading a 15 year old system that was 10 years out of date and poorly maintained had me stressed that it wasn't going to go well, and then this credit card programming added to that. 

Given the issues we could have had that could have stretched today's service call into an 8 hour (or more) saga for the distributor tech and I, it only took us a little over 2 hours, with no major problems. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

I wanted something to make me feel better.

So I made an omelette. With cheese and bacon and leftover pico de gallo.

I do feel better. Still don't want to go to work tho.

• Like 16

3 hours ago, Pegazus said:

I hates my ear hair. I hates it! Course, were I able to keep my fingers away from it, I could probably grow my own earmuffs.

Definately not a path I intend to take. Had a newly minted manager once that lasted a year and a half before he gave management an ultimatum to either put him back as a main line design engineer or accept his resignation. He managed to avoid the dark side and is happily playing with CAD again. 

Best of luck to you.  unfortunately for me, I made the mistake of getting too frustrated at the floundering activity in my group and took the reins.  Now I cant give them back without the whole thing toppling.  On top of that, every body else is thrilled with my work. 

Me, I just want to go play with my toys and get 2-3 days a week where my life is more doing than meeting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 7

3 hours ago, Pegazus said:

I'm in my mid 40s. I'm not enjoying the fact that my hair is migrating from the top of my head to other places. I'm not a very hairy person but the extra body hair is not a big deal. Don't like the kudzu grass that's coming out of my ears and nose now. I've even had to trim my eyebrows because a few hairs on them were long enough to get in my eyes. I'm not ready to look like Gandalf.

38 minutes ago, aku-chan said:

Urgh...

My cold is starting to get me down. 

All last night and most of today I was going through the 'Why won't my nose stop running?' stage, now that's finally slowing down I've entered the 'hot and ache all over' stage. 

Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow, there's a limit to how many match 3 games I can play.

I resemble this remark. Monday evening felt a cold coming on. Tuesday and Wednesday had a river running out of my nose and steadily felt worse. Today I managed to get a good sleep in the morning and the river is a lovely shade of green but not pouring. Almost feel human at the moment but have doubts it'll last long. I only woke up an hour ago.

15 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

I wanted something to make me feel better.

So I made an omelette. With cheese and bacon and leftover pico de gallo.

I do feel better. Still don't want to go to work tho.

Haven't had lunch yet and this put my stomach in knots. Was planning on a cheese omelet too but we have no bacon. :down: I don't want to go to work either and I have the option not to but if I'm not doing it nobody is. Done so little the last month I'm starting to get nervous.

• Like 8

16 hours ago, Morihalda said:

Hugs all the friends.

Long day today.

Thanks.

I kind of needed that.

If this week doesn't break me, next week should be awesome, but this week is far from over.

• Like 10

I wrote earlier about the Shoulder Sitter Dragon and the problems in actually acquiring one.

Just got an email from Wally World explaining that they had a kerfuffle in their inventory system, for which they not only apologized but also informed me that I will be receiving a $5 electronic gift card for use on a future order.

So, all is well that ends well.

I'm still listening carefully for the new dragon to reveal its name, so far, not even a whisper.

GEM

• Like 11

I started doing a freehand tattoo on my giant queen. It's a little rough but I will refine it when I get home.

IMG_20181011_125043_702.thumb.jpg.0b6860ee200c674410b277514378a041.jpg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Friend of mine works at a tech firm in Clinton, Massachusetts.

The head of the company demoted himself back down to engineer, and sold the company to the employees.

I never before realized that owners could be demoted.

The Auld Grump

• Haha 11

1 minute ago, redambrosia said:

Whys it so hard to get rid of a dang mattress >.<

Potential for bedbugs. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1