Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

13 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Whys it so hard to get rid of a dang mattress >.<

Because most places frown on letting us just light them on fire.  Something about health and safety, dangerous chemicals, and whatnot. 

Or yeah, bed bugs are a big thing. A really annoying "gift" to get with a given away mattress, that's for sure. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Ah, but you see, the advantage of the Chicken Gun is that it can be disguised as a Vac-Truck with a tender.

But I want to roll down the street playing the calliope music at 112 decibels.... <pouts>

15 hours ago, OneBoot said:

[This space intentionally left blank]

<runs up with can of spray paint, scrawls the words "Random Graffiti" across the space, and runs away>

• Haha 11

1 hour ago, Mad Jack said:

But I want to roll down the street playing the calliope music at 112 decibels.... <pouts>

<runs up with can of spray paint, scrawls the words "Random Graffiti" across the space, and runs away>

Ok, so we change the launch mechanism to a Navy Surplus Steam Catapult.

The steam plant for the catapult will have no problem providing the necessary oomph for the Calliope.

GEM

35 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

I have the jg wentworth jingle stuck in my head. :mellow:

35 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

So sorry for you.

GEM

The shoulder dragon has whispered the name Feather Foot in my ear.

GEM

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Today is my last day off, then I go back to work for 2 days before I get Sunday off. But tomorrow the shipping of one of my kickstarters is supposed to start happening. They've been spending all of this week doing the pick and pack step, so I'm hoping that the majority of us all get shipped out at once. I can't wait to get my hands on a really sweet giant that's part of it.

Also, I got a shipment notification from Vizio that my TV is on its way back to me. I'm surprised they didn't try to find some reason to deny the warranty. But it's a signature required delivery, which means I'm probably going to have to fight UPS over it. I'll be at work when they attempt to deliver it, and then whenever I go to their office to pick it up the next day I'll get told "it's on a truck" and the cycle will repeat.

Oh, and next week another kickstarter should be making its way to the company's warehouse to get ready to be shipped. I will soon have the Tome of Horrors and Rappan Athuk for 5e in my physical possession! I already have them in my digital possession, but for some reason me and reading on a tablet don't go together well...

Edited by Unruly
  • Like 8

I awoke to repeated cries of "#@$% it! I'm cold! Do something about it!" and other phrases in similar vein. Checked to weather report and apparently we're in for a frost tonight so I transfered Alexandra the Night Blooming Jasmine to her new winter quarters in the computer room. 

100_0589.JPG.c348e77bd95292c7af0c07618dd14325.JPG

She seems happy here and is pestering the cactus with questions concerning the other side of the yard. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

The Ghoulie Bag Death Shroud is darker than I expected.  Not in a bad way necessarily, just wasn't expecting it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Unruly said:

Today is my last day off, then I go back to work for 2 days before I get Sunday off. But tomorrow the shipping of one of my kickstarters is supposed to start happening. They've been spending all of this week doing the pick and pack step, so I'm hoping that the majority of us all get shipped out at once. I can't wait to get my hands on a really sweet giant that's part of it.

Also, I got a shipment notification from Vizio that my TV is on its way back to me. I'm surprised they didn't try to find some reason to deny the warranty. But it's a signature required delivery, which means I'm probably going to have to fight UPS over it. I'll be at work when they attempt to deliver it, and then whenever I go to their office to pick it up the next day I'll get told "it's on a truck" and the cycle will repeat.

Oh, and next week another kickstarter should be making its way to the company's warehouse to get ready to be shipped. I will soon have the Tome of Horrors and Rappan Athuk for 5e in my physical possession! I already have them in my digital possession, but for some reason me and reading on a tablet don't go together well...

Any possibility fo contacting UPS ahead of time and discussing delivery arrangements that are mutually agreeable?

GEM

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Any possibility fo contacting UPS ahead of time and discussing delivery arrangements that are mutually agreeable?

GEM

MyUPS would offer some options, depending on your delivery area...  You can typically set windows for delivery.  No idea if the drivers follow such, but still. 

Also, out here they now attempt only once then have it dropped off at a "nearby" UPS Store for pickup.  I use quotes because their pickup points can be "interesting" to get to (I've heard stories from some of my south side customers that wound up having the package dropped off for pickup.... at the airport, then had to fight customer service to have it brought back in town so they'd actually be able to pick it up... Since they didn't own a vehicle...) 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Erifnogard said:

The Ghoulie Bag Death Shroud is darker than I expected.  Not in a bad way necessarily, just wasn't expecting it.

My thought as well.  I am also thinking that I want more of them.  I really hope these don't end up being a one off, and appear later as an item we can purchase. 

• Like 6

Page 641... 

Vacation progresses well...  Sadly I can see the end approaching... I've had a chance to dig through some of my books, CDs, and RPG stuff... and I didn't find a single thing that I was *specifically* looking for (dire badger paw, Chant by the Benedictine Monks of Santo Domingo de Silos, and the Silver Anniversary edition of the Keep on the Borderlands). I did find a bunch of other things, but... :unsure:

Planning my next reaper order, and the female soldier box nickstarter is starting tomorrow, so I'm excited about that! (took 'em long enough) 

According to a headline I just read, millenials are now apparently responsible for killing off American cheese... :lol:

Edited by Crowley
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Whys it so hard to get rid of a dang mattress >.<

Was just discussing upgrading teen daughter from a cheap foam mattress to a proper one now that she's, you know, not 8 years old.  Hubby was all "we should keep the old mattress for guests" and I looked at him and said, "Mattresses are a pain to get rid of, we need to dispose of the old ones when we've got someone willing to haul it away."  Thank you for proving my point, I'll tell him you said I was right.  :;):

3 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Vacation progresses well...  Sadly I can see the end approaching... I've had a chance to dig through some of my books, CDs, and RPG stuff... and I didn't find a single thing that I was *specifically* looking for (dire badger paw, Chant by the Benedictine Monks of Santo Domingo de Silos, and the Silver Anniversary edition of the Keep on the Borderlands). I did find a bunch of other things, but... :unsure:

Good choice of music, it's a shame you can't find it.  :down:  

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Crowley said:

millenials are now apparently responsible for killing off American cheese... :lol:

We must avenge this heinous...what's that you say...oh the fakey not really cheese?  Nevermind, rabble canceled.

Edited by Erifnogard
  • Like 3
  • Haha 8

10 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Monday so can't come soon enough... I want to pull the trigger on this order, but I really want those paints.  Hmmmmmm.  Tough call to make I suspect. ::P:

Woah, woah, woah there, killer!  Monday can wait, I need some weekend first!

3 hours ago, redambrosia said:

My condolences.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:

MyUPS would offer some options, depending on your delivery area...  You can typically set windows for delivery.  No idea if the drivers follow such, but still. 

Also, out here they now attempt only once then have it dropped off at a "nearby" UPS Store for pickup.  I use quotes because their pickup points can be "interesting" to get to (I've heard stories from some of my south side customers that wound up having the package dropped off for pickup.... at the airport, then had to fight customer service to have it brought back in town so they'd actually be able to pick it up... Since they didn't own a vehicle...) 

Well, they can't really screw me over too badly. There's a regional distribution center a few miles down the interstate, which is where I've had to pick things up in the past, and there's a UPS store about 2 blocks away from my house. It'd be nice if they dropped it off at the store, but my experience with UPS tells me they'll ship the thing off to Pittsburgh instead...

• Like 5
  • Haha 1