Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

A hi-vis vest, aluminum clipboard, and hardhat will get you into nearly anywhere. (Pen testers exploit this all the time.)

For a medieval world, the equivalent would probably be a leather apron, chalk line, and sextant.

:B):

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

11 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Saffron and white robes are pretty scary, too.

Would MSP Marigold yellow work as saffron? I'm using it a fair bit as a highlight for oranges and shade for yellows. This made me think do the high priests in those colours and each rank would have it's own colours. Mooks and low levels could be the darker more traaditional colours and as you go higher they get brighter. Crap, so much for the not doing skittles statement.

• Like 4
  • Haha 10

47 minutes ago, Zink said:

Would MSP Marigold yellow work as saffron?

IIRC, it's very close to what I think of as the saffron used in some robes.

47 minutes ago, Zink said:

This made me think do the high priests in those colours and each rank would have it's own colours. Mooks and low levels could be the darker more traaditional colours and as you go higher they get brighter. Crap, so much for the not doing skittles statement.

"Dude, you finally made chartreuse! First round's on you tonight!"

ETA: And now I'm thinking about robes that change color based on power, but automatically, probably by direct deific influence:

"Have you seen Roderigo? He's goldenrod with plum rising these days. I never thought he'd get above taupe."

Edited by Doug Sundseth
  • Like 2
  • Haha 16

23 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

ORANGE!  Dayglo, safety orange!  Nobody would suspect cultists in safety vests! :p

... That probably should have been purple, but I'm on mobile... 

I actually have a strong dislike of the color orange (probably because my mother loved it when I was a child growing up in the 70s).  So I don't have a lot of minis painted heavily with orange, and for that reason alone I was considering it.  I just have to come up with a good in setting justification as to why my snake cultists wear orange. 

19 minutes ago, Zink said:

Now you're going to have people scared of going near construction workers. I mean they already have access to sewers, big holes, unfinished buildings and other scary places. Who knows what they're doing there? And nobody suspects the evil happening beyond the traffic cones and safety signs.

I'm already scared of going near road construction workers. Why? Because I really don't want to see how they're wasting our tax dollars. :devil:

12 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:

IIRC, it's very close to what I think of as the saffron used in some robes.

"Dude, you finally made chartreuse! First round's on you tonight!"

ETA: And now I'm thinking about robes that change color based on power, but automatically, probably directly by direct deific influence:

"Have you seen Roderigo? He's goldenrod with plum rising these days. I never thought he'd get above taupe."

I was honestly considering this, just so I wouldn't have to paint a half dozen minis all the same color!

Edited by kristof65
  • Like 11

So, apparently the overdose on Saturday night wasn't actually an overdose. It was a heart attack. But the guy was younger, so the on-scene evaluation went to overdose because that's what most calls like that tend to be.

Today is rainy and miserable. But at least it hasn't dropped down to the low 50's yet. It's still around 65, so even though it's rainy my hands aren't freezing up too badly.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Zink said:

Now you're going to have people scared of going near construction workers. I mean they already have access to sewers, big holes, unfinished buildings and other scary places. Who knows what they're doing there? And nobody suspects the evil happening beyond the traffic cones and safety signs.

In a call of Cthulhu 1930s game, the cult of Cthugha had it's altar in the old garbage dump.

They needed a fire that had been burning for a hundred years, and never extinguished in that time....

The entire city would have become their sacrifice.

The Auld Grump - another possibility would have been a coal mine fire in Pennsylvania that has been burning for about 150 years, now....

• Like 11

Not quite as old, but if your parties ever want to travel, there's a picture that makes the occasional rounds of the internet, of a pit full of natural gas in Russia that's been burning for at least a few decades now...

No, I don't know how close it is to Tunguska. :)

Edit: Given how much attention is paid to it, there's probably an elfload of power in the Olympic Flame...

Edited by Weird-O
  • Like 9

It's almost going home time and there's a package waiting for me at the post office wooooohoooooooooo! 

:devil::wub::devil:

.... I suspect a lot of greenstuff will be in my future, since most of that box is for hubby and half of the items require assembly... 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Weird-O said:

Not quite as old, but if your parties ever want to travel, there's a picture that makes the occasional rounds of the internet, of a pit full of natural gas in Russia that's been burning for at least a few decades now...

No, I don't know how close it is to Tunguska. :)

Edit: Given how much attention is paid to it, there's probably an elfload of power in the Olympic Flame...

If that's to far away, there is always Centralia in Pennsylvania  Its been burning for decades too. 

• Like 5

Last week it was 80F/26C. Today it is 38F/ 3C. What the elf Autumn.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Flit said:

Last week it was 80F/26C. Today it is 38F/ 3C. What the elf Autumn.

That's similar to what happened here. It went from 90F to 55F seemingly overnight. There's been a local Facebook meme going around that says "The weather went from 90 to 55 like it saw a state trooper," which is a reference to how we all drive on the highways around here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

6 hours ago, kristof65 said:

I actually have a strong dislike of the color orange (probably because my mother loved it when I was a child growing up in the 70s).  So I don't have a lot of minis painted heavily with orange, and for that reason alone I was considering it.  I just have to come up with a good in setting justification as to why my snake cultists wear orange. 

snake-corn-snake-reptile-scale-40787.jpeg?cs=srgb&dl=close-up-corn-snake-reptile-40787.jpg&fm=jpg

Did a bunch of cooking tonight. The kimchi pork was too salty and tough. The Butternut Squash Meatloaf was tasty though. But now I'm tired. I want to paint but... Ugh...

First day back from vacation is always rough. Worse when you have to go into work, and didn't give yourself a nice buffer day. 

• Like 10