Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

10 minutes ago, TGP said:

11. Never, never, ever (ever!) cook or eat vegetarian, soybean bacon. 

( Two public service announcements in one day, in a row. You can’t beat that! )

To even refer to such foulness as bacon is a hair's breath away from from Heresy! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

No dnd tonight ::(: father of one of our group has had a heart attack. A "minor" heart attack, but still. He's doing well, but being held at the hospital for observation.

6 hours ago, TGP said:

That’s the spirit. Serves them right. 

I know, right! :rolleyes: :lol:

• Sad 11

22 minutes ago, TGP said:

11. Never, never, ever (ever!) cook or eat vegetarian, soybean bacon. 

( Two public service announcements in one day, in a row. You can’t beat that! )

I often do my own butchering. What part of the soybean is the bacon?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 12

On 10/19/2018 at 7:48 PM, Kangaroorex said:

Are we talking snake woman or wooly ruminant with buck teeth and a bad attitude?  Having been around the second type, I find the descriptor 'demon' to be redundant...

Woolly ruminants with buck teeth and bad attitudes are preferable to woolly ruminants with buck teeth that really like resting their heads on your shoulder, while they chew cud and drool. (One of Jackie's neighbors had llamas... not bad tempered, but they saw humans as creatures that could magically produce apples or carrots from out their pockets. And once you did so, they would drool on you in gratitude.)

In Megan's game, we found an exposed chamber, where some creatures have been worshiping a statue of a beholder, and we found a pretty danged major magic item - that weighs about five hundred pounds, in wood, brass, blown glass, and dragon shard.... an orrery, I think we have found what was used to create the permanent gate in Metrol....

And in the Regency Space game we are waiting for pizza, while the PCs have a conversation with a friendly ghoul... it seems that the comments about the queen dancing in the abattoir are not just a slander - and she leaves plenty of left overs. But she does not dance alone, though those not sensitive to magic are not likely to see her partner.... 

The Auld Grump - the PCs are talking to the Master of the Shambles.

5 hours ago, Cyradis said:

I made eggs in a basket for breakfast today. Just simple, not fancy. Cut hole in slice of bread, put bread in frying pan with a little butter. Drop egg into hole. Fry them together. Seasoned with salt, pepper, and cayenne. Used a very dark rye bread from the bakery across the street. Was quite yummy. Sometimes if I am motivated I put cheese on it, but not this time. 

Made tea for me and coffee for Sir Cyr. We are awake. 

A variant that you might like - baked eggs in bread bowls.

Take some large dinner rolls, cut the tops of, and scoop out enough of the inside to hold an egg, plus whatever you bke with it.

Break the egg into the roll, then add a dollop of sour cream (I tend to use Helluva dip instead, most often their jalapeno dip), sprinkle shredded cheese on top, and maybe some diced chives or onions. Bake at 350 degrees for twenty to twenty five minutes.

The Auld Grump - makes an excellent breakfast in bed for someone you love. ::):

• Like 10

We've done something similar to that but used white bread stuffed into a muffin pan. Squash the bread down a bit into the cup, drop in an egg, cover it with cheese and/or sauce and a bit of salt and pepper then bake until the eggs cooked. I think I like the dinner roll idea better. Need to try it out.

• Like 4

Well, as many of you know, today is my birthday, or as I like to refer to it "the [30th] anniversary of my 39th birthday.  Which makes me the same age as Jack Benny.

A good time has been had by all.

Started the day by everybody sleeping in, then baked egg cups for breakfast.

When everybody was organized we went to the Sacramento [Dick] Blick store so I could pick up a bottle of gesso.  Also picked up some micro size x-acto blades, and a small container of brush soap.  I also bought a small color wheel and color mixing chart for the kids so they can expand their skills at painting a little bit more.

From there right down the street to the Cracker Barrel we made note of while driving to Blick.  The place was absolutely jam packed so we decided that having lunch there would be a  more than two hour project so we would put that on the "later" list.

On to the next stop, "The Great Escape" which is on the same street and has some good reviews on Yelp.  It's a very well stocked game store, with a great staff and a Huge room full of tables and chairs for gaming, with a double set of utility shelves jammed with boardgames to play.  The play room is probably 2000+square feet.

Bought the next expansion for Exploding Kittens, called Streaking Kittens, a new game by the same people called "You've Got Crabs" and "The Good, The Bad, and The Munchkin" from Steve Jackson. This added to the Greedy Greedy Goblins I picked up earlier this month.  Also bought 4 Star Wars expansion packs of cards for the kidlets.

Kids gave me a gift card for Blick to pay for my goodies from there.

I also got a new pillow with a gnomish theme to add to my ever growing collection of Gnomish Folk.

AND we made a Reaper Order this morning.  Mostly this and that supplies replenishment but also ordered the Cowboys box set for Cathy.

We had excellent Chinese for dinner and there are Brownies fresh out of the oven for when everybody has room enough for dessert.IMG_20181020_180836.thumb.jpg.0109f7c99ae2923cf76824a50aa20106.jpgIMG_20181020_181217.thumb.jpg.75429798c107c71e80e8c1cfd6dee5f9.jpg

Birthday has been awesome.

We are now going to play Greedy Greedy Goblins.

GEM

Adendum/edit.

The Goblin game has been played.

It's a complicated game mechanic but easy to pick up, once one person has figured it out.

"You've Got Crabs" is easy to learn but there are some subtlties to this game that have me thinking that Exploding Kittens LLC is a company to watch for future releases that have legs in terms of repeat playability.

GEM

Who is sorta pooped out from "too much birthday" [Is that even possible?]

The brownies were delicious with a scoop of ice cream.

Edited by Green Eyed Monster
added coment
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 2

Game went well. Nobody died. And I mean nobody, not even antagonists. I am proud of my players. They delivered the Kitsune-tsuki back to chikushudo and were well rewarded for it. 

• Like 9

That moment when you realize that you are running the wrong scenario - three hours in. <_<

I meant to run the Hallowe'en game tonight, instead I am running Regency Space - albeit with a horror element. (Kind of weird - the party has decided that they like and trust the Master of the Shambles - even though he was chowing down on a live rat when they came in.... :blink: )

The Auld Grump

7 minutes ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

You rang? :huh:

Bar-bar-bar-barbarian!

Bar-bar-bar-barbarian!

You got me hackin' and a hewin',

Hewin' and a hackin'

barbarian!

A filking Grump is a Grump that needs sleep....

The Auld Grump

• Like 2
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 1

Well, this is a new one: I've had my neck lock up due to stress-related tension, but this time rather than being unable to move my neck, some deep neck muscle is doing something that's causing rather severe lower jaw and TMJ pain. It's not dental in origin (having a dentist father in law is super handy), and it dwindles to practically nothing when I'm thoroughly distracted (it had vanished by the time I finished showering, then slowly returned. Except I really need to sleep, and the fact that I can't is making me more tense, ad nauseum. 

I'm currently wearing a heating pad like a scarf and thinking murderous things at my homework (one of the significant contributing factors in my current stress level) and at my noisy upstairs neighbors. :zombie:

--OneBoot :D

• Like 1
  • Sad 18

1 hour ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

Somewhere someone is trying to pass off soybeans as "bacon".

Raging is required.

I enjoy Baco's.  Next time I have a salad, I will think of this and yell a mighty 'Gaaahhrrr' in your name. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

Played two more games of Pandemic this evening. The oldest seems a bit obsessed with it. I think we're finally playing with the proper rules and the virus keeps winning. We're all sick with colds so it feels like the viruses are winning in real life. Made a tiramisu for second kids birthday tomorrow. Day ended up pretty good with lots of hobby stuff going on. Hoping to sneak in a little bit more painting before bedtime.

• Like 10

Due to Pathfinder 2ed we appear to have permanently lost a player. He won't show up to game, he won't return texts, he won't pick up the phone. It appears he's taken the opportunity to elf the whole thing and not talk to us again.

I am oddly fine with this. True it means we'll be down a player for the current Pathfinder 1st game we're starting. But other people have already promised to find new players for the upcoming Star Wars RPG so no worries.

• Like 8

@OneBoot if you can, you might want to have a physical therapist help you with your neck. Finding an actual, good therapist (a quest, in and of itself) can do wonders for your understanding of the things which trigger those issues. 

In lieu of dnd, hubby made shrimp scampi (I saw a commercial for endless shrimp at red lobster and I literally started crying; so weird), and we watched some zombie shows. Then both the cats used Hubby as a cat bed :lol:

Relaxed kitteh, for your enjoyment:

IMG_1903.thumb.JPG.861f1e9f6f31bcb9b7a35b6fe4eed949.JPG

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4