Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

44 minutes ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

While the creation of the Carnivore Carrot is beyond my ability, I'm tossing around ideas for a Meat Salad. Krakus Water Ham sliced paper thin would be the base lettuce replacement, small meatball tomatoes, and cubed Ham crutons would work. But I've no experience in trying to paint with food coloring, so I'm not sure if I can pull off disguising it. Instead of dressing, there would be melted Swiss Cheese. 

(If this ever becomes a Thing, remember you read it here first!)

What about alfredo sauce for the dressing?  That seems more dressing-like (and is still mostly dairy products).

You could use slices of sausage in place of cucumber slices.

• Like 9

Aghhhh!!! I can't find my ghost children minis!! I really hate my filing system. It's more or less take out batch of minis from foam trays when needed & put them in a spot in the shelves. Got everything + some new items for Death House ready for tonight, except the ghost children I did up (using Reaper's townsfolk kids).

I really need to find those!

• Sad 9

7 minutes ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

What about alfredo sauce for the dressing?  That seems more dressing-like (and is still mostly dairy products).

You could use slices of sausage in place of cucumber slices.

While alfredo sauce is more dressing like, I reserve it's use for either breadstick dip or pizza sauce. Also the Swiss allows for the unleashing of the Power of Cheese.

I hadn't thought about cucumber slice replacement, as I was basing this off the rather spartan salads I used to have to make at the wine bar I worked at, which was lettuce, small tomatoes in the corners, no more than three crutons, and a few tiny rings of onion tossed on. (For some reason people were ok with paying 12 bucks for this.) 

8 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

Needs pepperoni

I'm inclined more towards this as cucumber replacement, with the sausage being a crumbled sprinkling. Of course the more that is added, the less likely disguise becomes.

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, Froggy the Great said:

You laugh, but...

I didn’t laugh.

I did extrapolate from previous data.

Then I laughed.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 13

8 minutes ago, Pegazus said:
55 minutes ago, Froggy the Great said:

You laugh, but...

I didn’t laugh.

I did extrapolate from previous data.

Then I laughed.

^^this

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 1

It is comforting to know that @Froggy the Great the leader of R.I.B.B.I.T. is harmless.

I mean what can he do when he has glued his fingers around a globe?

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

Just now, Glitterwolf said:

It is comforting to know that @Froggy the Great the leader of R.I.B.B.I.T. is harmless.

I mean what can he do when he has glued his fingers around a globe?

Careful, that globe can still be used to press.... 

The big. Red. Button. (of doom) 

.... That dispenses party mix into a bowl and pours you a drink of your choice. Into a glass, obviously. 

• Haha 7

That moment after an hour or so of careful blending using 4 different paints and I realise that I've recreated a colour that I could have just pulled of the rack and painted in a couple minutes. :unsure: I rarely paint much orange and I'm trying to do orange robes. Started with an orangy brown and worked my way through my oranges and yellows to get a light orangy brown. Note to self next time start with a much lighter base coat for orange. She's a practice model for doing orange so even if it doesn't look the way I wanted she's teaching me. Dang wimmin always tryin ta teech me stuff.

Latest project I'm calling the Rainbow Girls. Started last winter with lovely ladies done in the primary colours, red, yellow and blue. Now I'm halfway through the secondary colours, green, orange and purple. Last night I decided that I should probably do a white and black as well. I'm doing this with female models because I seem to spend more time on them. If a male warrior is a bit of a sloppy mess it's no big deal, he's a man's man! But the ladies try to be clean and pretty. :poke: I do these when the mood takes me and I'm tired of speed painting goblins and others. Every so often I like to try and push the limits on my painting even though I always revert to my age old habits when doing groups.

• Like 11

People must be busy.

I know I am.

And now I accidentally have three buckets of rocky road ice cre in the freezer. 

• Like 5

Root canal done, and it really wasn't bad at all. Pretty much just an extended cavity filling session, with extra numbing. I gotta say, I've never been so happy to get a shot in my life! :lol:

Good news is that there didn't seem to be any concerning factors (such as cracks, extensive infection, bone loss etc.) so recovery should go quite well with good prognosis for my poor zombie tooth as well (the insides were dead and beginning to deteriorate). 

I'mma take a niiiiice long nap now, while I'm still beautifully numb. :lol:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 15

Jack is so glad he isn't an idiot, and doesn't do stupid things....   :rolleyes:

I are smart.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, haldir said:

Aghhhh!!! I can't find my ghost children minis!! I really hate my filing system. It's more or less take out batch of minis from foam trays when needed & put them in a spot in the shelves. Got everything + some new items for Death House ready for tonight, except the ghost children I did up (using Reaper's townsfolk kids).

I really need to find those!

Crisis averted!!:bday:

While I didn't find the ones I have already painted up, I did remember that I picked up the Deep Cuts children a few weeks ago. I've got them painted with a simple blue shade on it. Actually doesn't look that bad really. I'd rather have my Reaper kids thou, as they were fully painted ghost-like. On the negative side, that means I need to buy anther set of children as the girl was being used in a Vegas adventure, sigh.

On anther positive note I did find the Banshee mini from Nolzur's. I'll use her as the specter in the adventure with a twist. I read online to give her a personality. Hmmm ok, sounds good but since she is the spirit of a nursemaid that had an affair with the headmaster & was murdered by his wife/cultists, she will attack the party if they go near the crib of the baby. Pretty much the same as the adventure just a bit of role-playing before the attack happens.

• Like 5

I fell into the rabbit hole of Vince Venturella painting videos. Lost a couple hours to them and can see losing many more. Trying to focus on the couple of techniques I really want to do now and keep my head from exploding with information overload.

• Like 8