Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

20 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Worked on my Yeti for Ladystorm's Challenge.

I'm having fun with it, I hope people will like it when I'm done.

It's going to be a little "different"

I will show it when done.

And now I have the voice of David Attenborough in my head explaining what is happening.

That's a pretty cool subconscious you got there David Attenborough narrating your thought process?  That's just cool!

I need to tell my hind brain to step up it's game!  

• Haha 7

14 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Mmmmmm....  Coffee, then doomsday mayhem...  Sounds like a plan.  Being able to actually hold a camera steady would be handy for such shenanigans I suspect.

Always good to be having fun with something.  I'm hoping once an entry or two is put in, that more will come ^_^  Mine probably won't be actually started for another week, but that's life >.>;;;;  I also have to figure out what colour he's going to be, since I suspect Ladystorm is expecting more than just grey liner. :blush:

Mine has his base colours, need highlights and shadows.

Base is constructed and primed.

***David Attenborough's voice ***

Here in the far North we are lucky to see a specimen of the Yeti.

For decades it was believed to be a mere legend, and yet, here it is!

This is clearly an alpha male, probably looking for a female of the species.

The cold wind doesn't bother this hominid, it's thick fur protects him, it is yet unclear if the Yeti has discovered fire yet.

There is little wood to be found in this region, so the Yeti might have to eat it's prey raw.

Wait! What was that?

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 9

14 hours ago, ShadowRaven said:

Not all men are blissfully ignorant of what is going on around them....then there is me. 

Wait, what are we talking about?

Anyway, time to take the beagles and go get donuts. Don't know why, but they always seem to know when I go get them and insist on the ride there and back.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Unruly said:

I'm beginning to think that my athlete's foot isn't actually athlete's foot. I've been hitting it with a combination of every OTC med, and while they help they don't ever seem to actually fix it for good. And sometimes at the end of the day it gets worse than it was when the day started. Like today. The affected area seems to have doubled in size despite my putting on tinactin and filling my socks with a miconazole nitrate powder. At the start of the week it seemed like it was gone, but now it's back in full force...

It's driving me nuts.

That sounds exactly like athlete's foot.  It's just developed a resistance to the OTC stuff because that's what microbes do, especially since most folks quit applying it after the symptoms are gone.  Tinactin probably hasn't been effective in 30 years, if it ever was.  I had to use acetone to get rid of the last batch.  It's not officially recommended, but if it's safe enough for fingernails it's probably okay for toes if you don't make a habit of it (might sting a bit).  I also cleaned the floor of the shower every time I got out alternating between straight bleach and straight pine-sol until it had been gone for a couple of weeks.  Your boots are fine if you don't wear them barefoot (I know you don't).  Mil-spec foot fungus doesn't respond to half measures.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

The spirits are restless. One of the paintings in our work dining room hopped off the wall this morning. Luckily no guests had arrived yet and it didn't hit anyone. 

• Like 9

10 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

Maybe.. Prius might manage. Grendel ..? Never happen; she's too tall.

(Grendel is our truck.. can't remember if I ever mentioned that or not...)

Yeah, I was speaking in general. Many years ago when the moose started moving into the area a dumb cowboy ran one over with his truck. It rolled right over the top of the cab and landed in the box and then kicked all the windows out while dying. When people heard the story they thought he was full of it because, well who he is and there were no moose within a hundred miles of here.

If your wife asks if she's going crazy the answer is never yes... Even if it's true. Hypothetically speaking. Not sure if I'm gonna pay for that or not yet. :rolleyes: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

8 hours ago, TGP said:

Hi Red. How goes The War of The Supplies Cabinet?

I remembered this. But not why. 

Why is Grendel the name of your truck?

I am also curious about the War of the Supply Cabinet, albeit I suspect the forces are waiting on a Plan...

The truck is Grendel because compared to the Prius, she's a big black monster with a proportionally bigger appetite.. Not all our vehicles acquire names... that one just kinda happened.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, kitchen_wolf said:
4 hours ago, Unruly said:

I'm beginning to think that my athlete's foot isn't actually athlete's foot. I've been hitting it with a combination of every OTC med, and while they help they don't ever seem to actually fix it for good. And sometimes at the end of the day it gets worse than it was when the day started. Like today. The affected area seems to have doubled in size despite my putting on tinactin and filling my socks with a miconazole nitrate powder. At the start of the week it seemed like it was gone, but now it's back in full force...

It's driving me nuts.

That sounds exactly like athlete's foot.  It's just developed a resistance to the OTC stuff because that's what microbes do, especially since most folks quit applying it after the symptoms are gone.  Tinactin probably hasn't been effective in 30 years, if it ever was.  I had to use acetone to get rid of the last batch.  It's not officially recommended, but if it's safe enough for fingernails it's probably okay for toes if you don't make a habit of it (might sting a bit).  I also cleaned the floor of the shower every time I got out alternating between straight bleach and straight pine-sol until it had been gone for a couple of weeks.  Your boots are fine if you don't wear them barefoot (I know you don't).  Mil-spec foot fungus doesn't respond to half measures.

Given my own fungus issues and because fungus can, does, and will colonize your shoes even through the thickest of socks...

I looked around for the most effective shoe sprays and took a look at their ingredients. That's why I spray down my shoes once a week with cheap vodka. They don't smell new by any standards but they don't smell like death warmed over either. And I can tell when I skip a week because of the shoe smell, requires a double dose to bring it back under control.

The OTC shoe sprays sometimes have cute little antifungals in them but I assume everything's resistant by now. The effective sprays are simply 50% ethanol and massively overpriced. So... cheap vodka! 99 proof is within a rounding error of 50%. Even the 80 proof stuff is 40% and still effective.

• Like 7

Gonna visit my dad today. I made a carrot cake for him, since tomorrow is his birthday. 

8 hours ago, TGP said:

Hi Red. How goes The War of The Supplies Cabinet?

Oh, I'm on my weekend. I don't check my work email when I'm not there, unless I have good reason to. I'll let y'all know what's going on on Sunday.

• Like 10

27 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

Given my own fungus issues and because fungus can, does, and will colonize your shoes even through the thickest of socks...

I looked around for the most effective shoe sprays and took a look at their ingredients. That's why I spray down my shoes once a week with cheap vodka. They don't smell new by any standards but they don't smell like death warmed over either. And I can tell when I skip a week because of the shoe smell, requires a double dose to bring it back under control.

The OTC shoe sprays sometimes have cute little antifungals in them but I assume everything's resistant by now. The effective sprays are simply 50% ethanol and massively overpriced. So... cheap vodka! 99 proof is within a rounding error of 50%. Even the 80 proof stuff is 40% and still effective.

Not to spread home remedies but two very effective microbial killers are formaldehyde and peroxide.  30% peroxide can be very effective on resistant strains because it's a mechanical attack on the fungus cell walls.  It also has been used to soften up some of  the more resistant colonies, opening them up to other chemical attacks.

Note:  this is for shoes, socks, floors, and other non living surfaces.  Do not apply formaldehyde to your skin.  The results are... unpleasant.

• Like 8

13 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

(we were in the Prius, not Grendel; a cow is … well. Deer are bad enough. I don't want to find out what kind of mess a cow could make),

I can tell you exactly what kind of a mess a cow will do, to just about anything.  Prius is good, as much as they get mocked, they are an amazingly safe car. You would actually have better than average odds of surviving, if you didn't end up with a bovine in your lap, but quite literally everything other than the people cage would be spread all over the road. I've seen 1ton trucks look like they have been driven into a brick wall at high speed when it comes to cows. Semi trucks looking like someone in a Prius drove into them at velocity. A corvette that was not a convertible when it started. The only thing worse IMHO is moose, because they are taller, and much more likely to land on top of you. 

• Like 8

I think hubby wants one of these.  Wakes up from a nap and looks at my paint desk "It's blurry, but I want it".  A few hours later, it was one again "I want that dragon" with a few other words at the front I honestly have no idea if I can write or not here on the forums ::P:

Nope, he doesn't want one at all.  No way whatsoever... :devil:

• Haha 7

3 hours ago, Keianna said:

The spirits are restless. One of the paintings in our work dining room hopped off the wall this morning. Luckily no guests had arrived yet and it didn't hit anyone. 

Tis the season. (or they hate that  painting)

The Box of Resupply has landed, and with the leaves dealt with I have the rest of the day free for painting and solving the mystery of why last night's dream involved the Mcdonald's McNugget Buddies complaining about how the new McNuggets are 83% Kobold meat...

• Haha 5

17 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

If you aren't already doing so start keeping a memorandum of when these "appointments" are made [date and time], when they are kept, date and precise time plus duration of visit and what areas are "inspected" and >this is the imprtant part< when appointments aren't kept.

Once is marginally acceptable, any additional occurences become >harassment< because of the repeated interuption of your routine to no purpose.

GEM

We keep the letters that they stick on our doors but I will have to start keeping track of when they actually show up and what not. I already have an offer from my doctor that if it becomes a problem she will write me a note stating that it is not in the best interest of my health to be causing these sorts of issues. I think I'll take her up on that and put it somewhere safe and pull it out as needed.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2