Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

4 hours ago, kristof65 said:

I know we have a couple farmers around here, like @Zink

So farmers, what kind of things would a farm truck have in the bed of the truck?  I'm putting a half dozen sheep in the bed of the truck for my diorama (WIP thread here), but that leaves a lot of space.  I was thinking of maybe putting in a couple of 55 gallon drums and a hay bale. Would that look off? 

Ropes, chain, couple of 5 gallon buckets, a tool box, empty cases of beer, shovels, roll of wire, 2x4s, post hole diggers, a rake, a dog, another dog.

Just off the top of my head.

/not a farmer, but well, have been close enough

Edited by Pegazus
  • Like 8

Well, didn't get chewed out or anything. It seems they're taking a "crap happens and it made its way back, so everything's fine" stance to it. It's not like I intentionally lost it, after all.

• Like 13

5 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

Living in a farming community now, you would think I should be able to spot this for myself.  The problem is that the farm trucks go down the dirt road outside my office too fast for me to identify the junk useful stuff!

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

8 minutes ago, Unruly said:

Well, didn't get chewed out or anything. It seems they're taking a "crap happens and it made its way back, so everything's fine" stance to it. It's not like I intentionally lost it, after all.

Congratulations on dodging the bullet.

The misplacement of this device indicates to me that a more secure method of carrying needs to be used.  Something other than just carrying in a pocket.

As to it being found where it turned up, I'm suspicious of somebody having lifted it from you during the period of time when the hurley-burley was going on and, when they discovered exactly what they had, they dumped it someplace where they thought it wouldn't be discovered for  long enough for them to get away far enough to not be connected with it.

GEM

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

Ropes, chain, couple of 5 gallon buckets, a tool box, empty cases of beer, shovels, roll of wire, 2x4s, post hole diggers, a rake, a dog, another dog.

Filthy tee shirt that has been used to clean... something.... (Could be grease, could be something the sheep left.)

Can of turpentine - always.

Jar of screws, nuts, and bolts.

The Auld Grump

12 hours ago, TGP said:

4e15c388-b28a-4c57-a31a-37402e791fcb_1.8

Conga Rats with regard to the phone...

“...5 minutes early is on time...”

That will be ^ particularly true tomorrow. Of all the shifts not to be late to work. ...10 minutes early would not hurt. 

One of the things that I love about being married.

An excuse to make real burritos.

The Auld Grump

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Yup, I definitely feel sorry for the poor plumber now, and not because he's well beyond the swearing about problems constantly creeping in.  A ten hour quote is now closer to at least one more day.  Seems a bunch of the welds in the original pipe had either failed, or weren't quite fully done properly in the first place, and it just took several decades of corrosion to show through.  At least 4/6 suites have this problem.

On the plus side, now that I know what's going on, and I don't have to worry as much about letting the plumber in... I can paint something other than terrain!

...I'd be celebrating that, except with being what feels like one step away from finishing said terrain I'm kind of at the "screw it, I'm finishing the terrain bits" phase, because I kind of would like to have some room/space to work with on my table!

• Like 8

Brigid was a very well behaved ladybug last night - and had plenty of cake and ice cream, but did not like the witch's brew punch.

The Auld Grump - it is possible that I drank more than my fair share of the horrid concoction.... ::P:

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

Useful info for you all: recovery from this surgery is ridiculous. ::o: And I'm unlikely to be able to sit long enough to get significant painting done for a while.

• Like 4
  • Sad 13

I am almost out of Pure Black. First bottle of paint I have completely depleted.

Not counting rattle cans.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Pegazus said:

I am almost out of Pure Black. First bottle of paint I have completely depleted.

Not counting rattle cans.

I'd be afraid to see how big my old rattlecan graveyard would be...  I suspect it would be at least two or three dozen....  I've only killed one dropper bottle so far, and that was grey liner, after a LOT of priming.

• Like 4

Good luck on the recovery though Otterlady. With luck you will be back to being yourself only stronger, faster, better.

Well Wulfe, at least it's happening before real freeze his us eh? 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, canuckotter said:

Useful info for you all: recovery from this surgery is ridiculous. ::o: And I'm unlikely to be able to sit long enough to get significant painting done for a while.

I'm of the opinion that recovery times are often exaggerated optimistically for most surgeries.  I hope you have an ideal (and speedy) recovery.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, kristof65 said:

Living in a farming community now, you would think I should be able to spot this for myself.  The problem is that the farm trucks go down the dirt road outside my office too fast for me to identify the junk useful stuff!

No such thing as junk to most farmers. It can all be used for something. Now if they actually will ever use it for something useful is a totally different question. I've been staring at my dad's lifetime's worth of worn out machinery on the farm thinking it's time I sold it for scrap. Dad wouldn't let me because, "it might come in handy some day." Considering that I use an average of a few pounds of it a year for something I think the money might be more useful and look better.

• Like 9

9 hours ago, kristof65 said:

I know we have a couple farmers around here, like @Zink

So farmers, what kind of things would a farm truck have in the bed of the truck?  I'm putting a half dozen sheep in the bed of the truck for my diorama (WIP thread here), but that leaves a lot of space.  I was thinking of maybe putting in a couple of 55 gallon drums and a hay bale. Would that look off? 

4 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Add a coil tangle of bailing twine, at least one partial roll of duct tape/electrical tape. Second the ratty t-shirt rag somebody else mentioned, albeit there might be more than one. Should be a crumpled up red shop rag/long load ID flag in there too, somewhere. Sheep might also have clippers, tagging supplies and possibly … how the heck does one dock sheep tails? A big pair of shears? A wad of rubber bands? I've heard both... o.O

Ooh! Spare salt lick.

… if there were horses involved, there might also be a saddle blanket, and some random tack shoved into a corner.

Chickens count as farming, I'm told. ;p

• Like 8

10 hours ago, klarg1 said:

It was raining hard during my whole commute to work, including the walking parts to/from the train.

Now it's partly cloudy, and pretty pleasant looking outside.

Did I mention that nobody else came to the office this morning, and I could just as easily have stayed home? :angry:

Just because it rained? Whut?

(The first idea that popped into my head was, “Did you subtlety mess with their cubicles?”)

(The Second idea was that Jack Kirby is supposed to have invented the first Integrated Circuit during a two week period when no one else was around the offices at Texas Instruments.)

We expect either awesome pranks or a world changing invention...

• Like 6