Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

It's now about 9km away. I read that they don't expect to get it under control today. Nearly home time from work, then I'm going to pack the car for a quick getaway...

• Sad 15

15 hours ago, Crowley said:

IMG_20181031_155731.thumb.jpg.bef28a03d77763061c2c53adfc5f9c53.jpg

"Hello, Crowley. Come and play with us. Come play with us, Crowley. Forever... and ever... and ever..."

12 hours ago, Zink said:

I thought that was what all american beer was made from.

Rice. Lots, and lots of rice. No lie. It's supposed to make the beer more "crisp" or something, but really it's just a flavorless source of carbs to ferment.

I want the next two days to be over. I want my days off.

Also, today I learned yet another dangerous thing that I can create with common household chemicals. This time, it's chloroform. So, you know, that's cool. I learned this somewhat unintentionally, as I was wanting to check on potential dangerous reactions between a couple compounds that I may end up accidentally exposing to each other in small quantities as I try fixing a certain problem I've been having.

But now I know that if I ever need to perform a Civil War style surgery at home, I can mix up a batch, grab the ol' bonesaw, and have at it!

• Like 4
  • Haha 11
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, sumbloke said:

It's now about 9km away. I read that they don't expect to get it under control today. Nearly home time from work, then I'm going to pack the car for a quick getaway...

Might also want to pack a bag with a day or two's worth of clothes, and a few shelf stable snacks that don't require cooking (granola bars, stuff like that).  A lot of the time they aren't able to give much more warning than "we're evacuating the town/area, grab whatever you can in five minutes", especially if it's that close.

Stay safe, and may the brushfire die down, or winds change so that it's going the other way and/or dies out because of the wind.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I forgot to mention that tonight at work one of my coworkers kept quoting an obscure line from Scarface("Look at the pelican"), in a high pitched voice that sounded nothing like Al Pacino, and when I asked him why he kept saying it he told me I was dumb for not recognizing it. But when I quote Monty Python's Life of Brian to him when he starts calling me Brian("I'm not the messiah!") he doesn't get it, says he's never seen the movie, and calls it dumb simply because he's never seen it. Then he tells me he's never seen any Monty Python at all! Not even Holy Grail!

I swear. Some people are so uncultured. It wouldn't surprise me if he's never seen any Mel Brooks movies either. Or Airplane!

• Like 1
  • Haha 11
  • Confused 2

9 hours ago, sumbloke said:

There's currently a bushfire they haven't got under control about 10km from my home. I really hope they get it under control soon...

Well this is an unfortunate way to find out but I think we might live quite close to each other. :unsure: Stay safe @sumbloke

Wooo! I just checked, it's been downgraded ::D: not out of the woods yet though... :down:

Edited by Sibling
Progress Update
  • Like 7

Friday...I can almost taste freedom...

Has anybody heard from @knarthex lately?

He hasn't been on the forum for a while now, I was wondering if anybody has spoken to him in real life.

I have sent an email a while ago, but no response.

Sure hope he's alright.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

Anyone else ever notice how dry chickpeas/garbanzo beans look like either brown and serve dinner rolls or baked potatoes, depending on their size? I keep being reminded of this by having to move them around in one of the resets we are doing this month at our stores. Just thought I'd mention it incase anyone would find the information useful...

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Friday...I can almost taste freedom...

Has anybody heard from @knarthex lately?

He hasn't been on the forum for a while now, I was wondering if anybody has spoken to him in real life.

I have sent an email a while ago, but no response.

Sure hope he's alright.

No contact. 

I lost capability to look at the Hangouts awhile back...so no idea if he still does that. 

2 hours ago, FaekiasDracon said:

Anyone else ever notice how dry chickpeas/garbanzo beans look like either brown and serve dinner rolls or baked potatoes, depending on their size? I keep being reminded of this by having to move them around in one of the resets we are doing this month at our stores. Just thought I'd mention it incase anyone would find the information useful...

More info about size is in order. Might be useful in a tavern diorama meant for 28-75mm figures. 

Probably have to preserve them somehow. 

• Like 5

Hah! Finished the changes I wanted for Legacy of Fire!

And I will be finishing off Grimmwolde this week - even though *grumble* Andrew has already started running it. (Gods, that through me off my stride... I swear, I could have been done by now....)

The Auld Grump - at work, and forgot the spelling of Grimwold... Grimmwald? That place.... ::P:

• Like 5

6 inches of snow in the forecast for later today and tonight. Not looking forward to that. Kids didn't have school today so I'm letting the oldest sleep in. Then we'll go out to the farm and try and clean up all the scattered odds and ends that I don't want to be buried until spring. Not quite ready for winter yet but close.

• Like 11

Huh, just under a day to finish up that 7-day challenge.  Going to be tight, that's for sure, since none of the heroes are finished, and I still have half the details on the dragon to do.

This will be an interesting day, doubly so because I have to pick up some groceries (and a box full of stompy robots!) before starting.  Good thing it's Friday, because I have a feeling I'll be up rather late tonight.... :ph34r:

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Zink said:

6 inches of snow in the forecast for later today and tonight. Not looking forward to that. Kids didn't have school today so I'm letting the oldest sleep in. Then we'll go out to the farm and try and clean up all the scattered odds and ends that I don't want to be buried until spring. Not quite ready for winter yet but close.

we're getting it here already. Looks like quite a few projects are going to be on hold for a while. Oh well, got the bale feeders welded up and back out into the field, so the cows will be happ...er content....well not go hungry anyway. 

• Like 11

I'll stick with my unexpected downpour, thanks.  Don't think I'll ever stop being done with snow.  

Good luck to all the prairie dwellers with the imminent start of winter.  

• Like 10

Page 716

Everyone needs to go check out WhiteWulfe's DDS2 7 day challenge thread! Like right this second! Drop everything and run! It could be a matter of life and death! *drama* *swoon*

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/83285-whitewulfe-attemps-the-seven-day-goblin-challenge-dragons-dont-share-2014-edition/&

I can definitely say that support and encouragement are really helpful during crunch time. Also chocolate, but that's a given. :upside:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2