Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

6 hours ago, TGP said:

No contact. 

I lost capability to look at the Hangouts awhile back...so no idea if he still does that. 

More info about size is in order. Might be useful in a tavern diorama meant for 28-75mm figures. 

Probably have to preserve them somehow. 

They're about the size of a standard pencil eraser and smaller, I wouldn't say they are all perfectly to scale for our purposes but they're close enough. Painting them and sealing them with matte sealer should be enough to preserve them as they are dried to about 10% moisture. 

• Like 4

Uh, oh....

Megan has finished painting the Mind Screech....

I have a weird feeling we will need to head back to Metrol after this....

The Auld Grump - and she wants to get another... should I be worried about a breeding pair?

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

4 hours ago, ShadowRaven said:

we're getting it here already. Looks like quite a few projects are going to be on hold for a while. Oh well, got the bale feeders welded up and back out into the field, so the cows will be happ...er content....well not go hungry anyway. 

A couple inches on the ground here now and the roads are bad. My cows have to graze for now because I'm short on feed. Got lots of pasture that wasn't used this summer but I'm a bit worried if the snow gets deep early. Then I'll be feeding grain which is a lot more work.

• Like 3
  • Sad 6

4 hours ago, OneBoot said:

Page 716

Everyone needs to go check out WhiteWulfe's DDS2 7 day challenge thread! Like right this second! Drop everything and run! It could be a matter of life and death! *drama* *swoon*

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/83285-whitewulfe-attemps-the-seven-day-goblin-challenge-dragons-dont-share-2014-edition/&

I can definitely say that support and encouragement are really helpful during crunch time. Also chocolate, but that's a given. :upside:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Where's the "furiously blushing" icon when you need it o_O

*goes back to painting*

• Like 5
  • Haha 9

On 11/2/2018 at 11:24 AM, sumbloke said:

There's currently a bushfire they haven't got under control about 10km from my home. I really hope they get it under control soon...

Not under control yet, but they've downgraded the warning level.

• Like 9

Bleh... Working tomorrow. If it weren't for the overtime money, I'd be disgruntled instead of un-enthused.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 1
  • Sad 5

Paint paint painty paint.

I was terribly frustrated with the faces I was working on earlier — oils, close to life size, had to rub out the mouths a couple of times. But then with about five minutes to go something went right.

Needs more work but I need to let it dry first. 

• Like 13

Awww, bum. 

Eldest said the university alert network said there were rumors the creeps who caused a ruckus Halloween night would be back tonight.

A little while ago I heard loud voices outside and saw a couple of groups of people, maybe a dozen all told, walking very slowly past. There were three police SUVs with lights on around the corner and they turned onto our street in a line, cruising very slowly, paralleling the people.

A little while later a regular police car went past the other way, fast, lights flashing.

And just before I posted this I heard sirens.

I would like to stop living in this dystopic alternate reality, please, and go back to my real timeline.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 11

29 minutes ago, Pingo said:

I would like to stop living in this dystopic alternate reality, please, and go back to my real timeline.

Or at least if it's going to be a dystopia, can't it be one of the ones with more cannibalism and muscle cars? Throw in some androids, a brain-computer interface, a rogue AI or two, and all sorts of mechanical body modifications and I'm all in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

Soooooo sore, but... Hopefully was worth it.  And hopefully left arm stops trying to cramp up o_O 

Sleep is so happening very, very soon. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

Bleh... Working tomorrow. If it weren't for the overtime money, I'd be disgruntled instead of un-enthused.

Yeah...that didn't happen.  Too damn tired to make it in.

Even though it was "mandatory" overtime for the Filling Dept., I'm no longer in Filling. Despite still being in production, as I'm running the boxmaker, I'm officially attached to the Shipping Dept. As near as anyone can determine, since the higher-ups haven't said anything either way about it, it's voluntary if I want to come in on Saturday when Filling is working OT.

(There are a lot of aspects of my new job that the higher-ups have yet to determine, despite having been at my new position for nearly a month now. :rolleyes:)

So I'm going to stop in later on to drop off some paperwork for my boss, but not until after I take a nice long nap.

• Like 10

On 11/2/2018 at 5:53 AM, Glitterwolf said:

Has anybody heard from @knarthex lately?

He hasn't been on the forum for a while now, I was wondering if anybody has spoken to him in real life.

I have sent an email a while ago, but no response.

Sure hope he's alright.

I haven't either; the last time I had any contact with him was maybe a week after Reapercon.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So, I'm back. Had a few really busy weeks at work as well as some other life stuff to deal with. Nope, I'm not going into detail, it wasn't good or bad, it just was. Anything interesting happen the past few weeks?

• Like 11

16 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

I haven't either; the last time I had any contact with him was maybe a week after Reapercon.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So, I'm back. Had a few really busy weeks at work as well as some other life stuff to deal with. Nope, I'm not going into detail, it wasn't good or bad, it just was. Anything interesting happen the past few weeks?

Glad to see you're back!

Well, normally George responds to emails.

Now he doesn't, I'm a bit worried.

7 minutes ago, Clearman said:

It's official.  Offer for new job accepted.  Expected start date week of Thanksgiving. 

Good news!

• Like 3

I finally had to throw out my pumpkin duo. They started developing mold spots ::(: but let me tell you, the LED candles I got for my pumpkins are fantastic! They're just cheapo target ones, but the candle in the white pumpkin is still good, even after being on for at least 8 hours for 5 nights! The little string of LED lights I got didn't even last a full night! (It's a good thing I have rechargeable batteries, otherwise that would have been hecking expensive). 

2 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Anything interesting happen the past few weeks?

Welcome back ::):

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/80475-randomness-xiv-the-floor-is-lava/&do=findComment&comment=1767166 ::(:

• Like 9