Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

>ducks flying pancake<

2 hours ago, Crowley said:

I guess yay for an extra hour of sleep? Still think daylight saving time is stupid...

I agree with you...

2 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Of course, the cat thinks it's time to feed him and doesn't give a poop what the clock says.

...and this is one of several reasons why.

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

Did Daylight Savings Time already happen? It's hard to tell when you live in the Land Outside of Time.

Oh wait, it must have since football is an hour later. This is what happens when everyone else's clock moves and yours doesn't.

• Like 8

Moving day is fast approaching. The vanguard of my armies have already occupied the new territory:

3C8D6FC8-B6C8-430F-B817-72D89423F98A.thumb.jpeg.60199ce9afa6cd62f0fffa39944d2bd4.jpeg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, Crowley said:

Still think daylight saving time is stupid...

I have a love/hate relationship with DST .. or rather a hate/intense-dislike maybe???

It serves no purpose other than to mess up our internal clocks, and even the idiot politicians back in the day admitted that there wasn't any real benefit to it a few years after they convinced the sheep to adopt it..

However, working in IT, I *really* don't want to have to deal with the mess dropping it would entail - we had months of work when they adjusted it by a week a decade or so ago.. and we've *SO* much more infrastructure now than back then!  On the plus side, our automation has improved, so maybe it wouldn't be so bad... 

• Like 5

21 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

For those of you who haven't done this...

I recommend searching for your favorite type of creature in show off.

There are many awesome older threads and posts on this forum.

Real gems are to be found.

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/search/&amp;q=frog&amp;type=forums_topic&amp;nodes=4&amp;sortby=relevancy&amp;search_in=titles

Mmmmm.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Maybe. It may be more of a coyote thing. Preview of sorts in the CAV III KS thread, which shows what was delaying my finishing.

That drone platform is pretty neat.  Yeah, I suspect a fox likes it too :P

Today I suspect I'll be assembling my first few CAVs!   .....Provided I don't just dive right back into the "Clean hands" and "Ghost" (plus like four other achievements) run of Dishonored that is...

• Like 3

The EU is getting rid of Day Saving Time.

Just one more and we'll be free FFFRRRREEEEEE!!!!!

image.png.a0c1522706cb1afa57faaa9742f287e7.png

• Like 6
  • Haha 7

You guys are getting rid of daylight savings time...  My work is getting rid of free staff coffee...  As in starting January, I won't be getting a case and a half of kcups (in 24 count packs) of my choosing for free.  Boo.  On the flipside though, I'll apparently see discounted prices on EVERYTHING our company carries, so there is that...

Depending on how pricing works out (they'll tell us "soon") this might mean my old routine of "wrap the coffee grinder in the thickest hoodie we have so I don't wake up my neighbours at 5am" might be coming back...  As well as me ordering coffee from Rosso, Pilot, and Outpost Coffee Roasters.  Oh, and maybe Detour too, they usually have some insanely tasty Costa Rica origin coffees...  I'm kind of failing to see where this is a bad thing in the end, although it does kinda suck I'll have to actually pay for the Kcups in my house again

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

The EU is getting rid of Day Saving Time.

Except the EU is doing the absolute opposite:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/janetwburns/2018/11/02/daylight-saving-is-horrible-and-expensive-so-lets-end-it/#47b593288bb8

The headline of the article has it wrong as well. The EU is thinking about permanently leaving clocks shifted forward one hour. 

That is becoming slaves to it forever rather than getting rid of it. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

Just now, TGP said:

Except the EU is doing the absolute opposite:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/janetwburns/2018/11/02/daylight-saving-is-horrible-and-expensive-so-lets-end-it/#47b593288bb8

The headline of the article has it wrong as well. The EU is thinking about permanently leaving clocks shifted forward one hour. 

That is becoming slaves to it forever rather than getting rid of it. 

That's one of many articles.

Official stance:

EU has said every Nation will decide for themselves if they want to choose Summer or Winter time.

So The Netherlands is thinking about it, and will choose soon.

It is a little dissapointing that this is handled this way, because now we may have different timezones in Europe.

Imagine Germany and The Netherlands choosing differently will result in an hour difference while we are neighbours.

I had hoped EU would choose one time for all.

Anyway, changing time will stop.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Did Daylight Savings Time already happen? It's hard to tell when you live in the Land Outside of Time.

Oh wait, it must have since football is an hour later. This is what happens when everyone else's clock moves and yours doesn't.

Yes, we time traveled back an hour in our sleep. The space-time continuum will correct itself as we approach the spring equinox and temporal polarity returns to equilibrium. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Stupid pancakes! Either too hot or not hot enough: :throws burned pancake:

I was in my late twenties before I had pancakes that didn't come out of a microwave.

No, I'm lying, granpa made some. Blueberry syrup.

On 11/3/2018 at 2:37 PM, TheAuldGrump said:

If Megan paints her face silver, and screams 'Witness me!', I am blaming you!

*EDIT* If not for Trang, Megan, and Julie, I would never have realized that Fury Road is a chick flick.... ::P:

The Auld Grump - and led to my running Gorka Morka.

I will live forever! Shiny and CHROOOOME!

You just hung around the wrong chicks before us. ::D:

On 11/3/2018 at 2:44 PM, Pingo said:

Hmm. Was in Michael's the other day.

Some would see elongated wooden spools.

I see plain almost-Doric columns for Green and Egyptian scenery:

DSC_0385-scenery-craft-spools-for-columns.jpg.b3d5fa43e987e1b9f1e7c5a9510ba115.jpg

Nice columns, but do I want to know about the blue bootie?

Edited by PaganMegan
  • Like 8
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:

You guys are getting rid of daylight savings time...  My work is getting rid of free staff coffee...  As in starting January, I won't be getting a case and a half of kcups (in 24 count packs) of my choosing for free.  Boo.  On the flipside though, I'll apparently see discounted prices on EVERYTHING our company carries, so there is that...

Depending on how pricing works out (they'll tell us "soon") this might mean my old routine of "wrap the coffee grinder in the thickest hoodie we have so I don't wake up my neighbours at 5am" might be coming back...  As well as me ordering coffee from Rosso, Pilot, and Outpost Coffee Roasters.  Oh, and maybe Detour too, they usually have some insanely tasty Costa Rica origin coffees...  I'm kind of failing to see where this is a bad thing in the end, although it does kinda suck I'll have to actually pay for the Kcups in my house again

I bought a Javapress manual Burr mill from amazon.  noise is practically non-existent.  does enough coffee for 24 ounces of liquid gold in about 3 minutes and packs down into a cylinder that slides into one of the side pockets on my backback.  Grind is very even and you can use it to fill one of the refillable k-cups or get a java press and use that.  beats the noise of an electric grinder at 5am

• Like 5

I actually don't care whether we pick winter or summer time, I just want to pick one and never change again. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2