Jump to content

Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, Unruly said:

So, does anyone use masking fluid when they're painting their minis? I'm looking for some recommendations for one that's readily available in the US.

Looked up in Micro-Mark catalog.

They have it, in both an 8oz bottle and in pen form.

Just do a web search for "Micro Mark" and you will find their website.

**Warning**  this is a dangerous place to visit for the hobbyist, particularly if you are a tool junkie.

Consider yourself suitably warned.

GEM

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

The EU is getting rid of Day Saving Time.

Just one more and we'll be free FFFRRRREEEEEE!!!!!

image.png.a0c1522706cb1afa57faaa9742f287e7.png

 

You mean I almost escaped from having my body clock messed with twice a year?

 

Damn you Brexit!!! *Shakes fist angrily*

  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/2/2018 at 8:27 PM, Sibling said:

 

Well this is an unfortunate way to find out but I think we might live quite close to each other. :unsure: Stay safe @sumbloke

 

Wooo! I just checked, it's been downgraded ::D: not out of the woods yet though... :down:

Oh wow. I didn't know there was anyone else on here from this neck of the woods. I'm in Kambah, which is the direction the fire has been moving.

 

More than three days after it started and they still haven't declared it under control...

  • Sad 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Went down to see what masking fluid I had that I've used once. Couldn't find it, and probably tossed it due to being dried out, iirc. Used blue tack this last go. The fluid was certainly thinner, but I may have been heavy on rattle can paint this round.

 

I had thought about using blue tack, but I figured that I'd actually have more control over an actual masking fluid since it goes on thinner and should be easier to cut/shape because of it.

55 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Looked up in Micro-Mark catalog.

They have it, in both an 8oz bottle and in pen form.

Just do a web search for "Micro Mark" and you will find their website.

**Warning**  this is a dangerous place to visit for the hobbyist, particularly if you are a tool junkie.

Consider yourself suitably warned.

GEM

 

I've looked at their site before, but never that closely. I ended up finding some made by Micro Scale, the same people who make Micro Set and Micro Sol, which I've used for applying decals before.

 

I went grocery shopping! My supply of food has been replenished! And most of it is actually real food, not microwave stuff! Right now, though, I'm making a french bread pizza that is sorta homemade. I bought it from the store deli, where it's made in house, and then I threw some extra cheese and some peppers on it.

 

I've got a pot of spaghetti sauce, some generic "stir fry," and a bunch of burgers in my future.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

Nice columns, but do I want to know about the blue bootie?

 

That would be Reaper's Fatima, Nefsokar Cleric, whose front view is decidedly NSFW. I am painting her up as a blue-glazed ushabti because I thought it would look more interesting in contrast with her linen wrappings. When I got her her ankh was broken off, so I rotated it backwards so it looks innocuous from the front view but screaming skull from the back.

 

I presume she has a linen bandage as a thong somewhere in there. :unsure:

 

Today I did not paint minis. Today I painted, well ... this:

DSC_0439-small.jpg.d01d17e886b1388dd3b5d2563757500d.jpg

 

 

.

Edited by Pingo
whoops-a-doublepost
  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it too late to be a zookeeper? Being a zookeeper seems like the closest you can get to being a Druid or ranger...

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Crowley said:

I actually don't care whether we pick winter or summer time, I just want to pick one and never change again. 

 

4 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

What he ^^^^^ said.

 

I wonder which is more accurate, for your case: EST versus EDT. 

 

For a value of accurate  that means the Sun is directly overhead and the length of your shadow is zero, at the hour labeled “Noon”.  (There is only one line ...of longitude... within a time zone where Noon accurately marks the moment the Sun is overhead.)

 

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 It is now 9PM and Jack should be getting to bed.

 

Jack has forgotten to eat dinner, and has nothing to make lunch with for work tomorrow.

 

Jack is probably going to be eating Pop Tarts for dinner, breakfast and lunch, IF Jack actually has enough of them.

 

Jack sucks at adulting.

 

 

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 2
  • Sad 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Is it too late to be a zookeeper? Being a zookeeper seems like the closest you can get to being a Druid or ranger...

That depends on whether or not you can pass the government clearances required. Most zoos contain underground complexes where captured werewolves and other lycanthropes are "stored' in between classified missions. While most zookeepers did not have any idea this was going on when they signed up, due to high attrition rates and the fact that no one wants to be a glorified prison guard in shapechanger supermax, there is a lot of conscription going on and it's usually the new hires that can't use seniority to defend themselves that get foisted into this. 

 

Public Service Announcement:

Please be aware that when I finally am able to conquer the Earth utilizing plundered Martian technology and coffee based sorcery and become Emperor Phil I, my first act shall be to ensure our extra hour of sleep is never again removed. I want a well rested population, not bleary eyed zombies wandering through the hell of sleep deprivation. 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

That depends on whether or not you can pass the government clearances required. Most zoos contain underground complexes where captured werewolves and other lycanthropes are "stored' in between classified missions. While most zookeepers did not have any idea this was going on when they signed up, due to high attrition rates and the fact that no one wants to be a glorified prison guard in shapechanger supermax, there is a lot of conscription going on and it's usually the new hires that can't use seniority to defend themselves that get foisted into this. 

 

Public Service Announcement:

Please be aware that when I finally am able to conquer the Earth utilizing plundered Martian technology and coffee based sorcery and become Emperor Phil I, my first act shall be to ensure our extra hour of sleep is never again removed. I want a well rested population, not bleary eyed zombies wandering through the hell of sleep deprivation. 

From a locker located in Grand Central Station the following exclamation is heard when a Man In a well tailored Black suit and dark glasses opens the door:

**All Hail Emperor Phil**

Does this mean I'm finally going to receive a mandatory 10 hours of downtime for rest/sleep every day?

GEM

6 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

 

 It is now 9PM and Jack should be getting to bed.

 

Jack has forgotten to eat dinner, and has nothing to make lunch with for work tomorrow.

 

Jack sucks at adulting.

 

 

Jack needs to learn about keeping a box of Hot Pockets in the freezer as emergency rations.

GEM

Ham and Cheese if you please

  • Haha 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I often keep an emergency lasagna in my freezer, right now I've got chicken tiki masala.  

 

We decided that after watching people bake chocolate soufflé on TV we should try it.  Really not sure how it's going to turn out, but hopefully yummy.  More impressive will be if I nail the timing.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

From a locker located in Grand Central Station the following exclamation is heard when a Man In a well tailored Black suit and dark glasses opens the door:

**All Hail Emperor Phil**

Does this mean I'm finally going to receive a mandatory 10 hours of downtime for rest/sleep every day?

GEM

Jack needs to learn about keeping a box of Hot Pockets in the freezer as emergency rations.

GEM

Ham and Cheese if you please

Unfortunately the mandatory 10 can't be implimented until after the Unification. Part of the reason for my delving into the Mysteries of the Feline Mind is to try and figure out how such keenly sensed predators can fall asleep so easily at any time while maintaining a certain alertness and if this can be implimented in humanity. Once that research has been completed, (hopefully in a timely manner as the researchers won't be having the luxury of taking their sweet elf time on this trying to get more funding, oh no it's daily atomic wedgies until they get repeatable stable results!), the Mandatory 10 will be implemented for certain segements of the populace, volunteers gladly accepted. The reasoning behind this however, is not just to have a restful people. I'm going to need folks keeping watch over the Dream Sea in case there is something behind this prophesy of invasion by Mind Parasites from that direction. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

Unfortunately the mandatory 10 can't be implimented until after the Unification. Part of the reason for my delving into the Mysteries of the Feline Mind is to try and figure out how such keenly sensed predators can fall asleep so easily at any time while maintaining a certain alertness and if this can be implimented in humanity. Once that research has been completed, (hopefully in a timely manner as the researchers won't be having the luxury of taking their sweet elf time on this trying to get more funding, oh no it's daily atomic wedgies until they get repeatable stable results!), the Mandatory 10 will be implemented for certain segements of the populace, volunteers gladly accepted. The reasoning behind this however, is not just to have a restful people. I'm going to need folks keeping watch over the Dream Sea in case there is something behind this prophesy of invasion by Mind Parasites from that direction. 

I refer you to my previously posted remarks on Felines and their apparent state of sleep.

It's actually a deep state of meditation that allows them to transcend this mortal plane.  While in this state they are able to do battle with all of the incorporeal nasties who wish to do harm to humanity.  This has been recognized since ancient times in those societies more attuned to these matters than those of us not just bound to this plane but also under the influence of what we call "technology".

GEM

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/4/2018 at 6:00 AM, Crowley said:

My pumpkins didn't even make it a week. We carved them Monday night, and by Friday they were already moldy and attracting fruit flies. ::(:

The one SWMBO and I carved on Sunday was covered in fruitflies by Friday, so I tossed it.

  • Sad 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×