Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

1 hour ago, redambrosia said:

The problem with voting by mail, like in Washington, is that I don't get a sticker. ::(:

I have no problem sending stickers to people who voted.  :;):

Gotta do my part somehow.

• Like 10

12 hours ago, Pingo said:

I painted mine bluuue. Egyptian blue, to be precise, the color I see on so many artifacts at the museum over yonder (other end of neighborhood, way cool).

Front view still probably violates site policy on nudity. Blue bits is still bits.

Sigh. I am feeling a bit goofy. Prolly from stress. Sorry.

Lapis Lazuli blue. Deep and almost iridescent.

I suppose that I could claim that the gold breastplate is just gold particles in oil, spread across her body.... (When Egyptian Pharaohs practiced Conspicuous Consumption they went all out....)

The Auld Grump

• Like 8

Good for all you US voters out there! Vigorous participation is essential for a healthy Democracy.

I fulfilled my civic responsibility this morning. They gave us little tyvek-paper bracelets with flags on saying we voted.

2 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Lapis Lazuli blue. Deep and almost iridescent.

I suppose that I could claim that the gold breastplate is just gold particles in oil, spread across her body.... (When Egyptian Pharaohs practiced Conspicuous Consumption they went all out....)

The Auld Grump

Actually that's a deep gemstone blue (and - no lie - Ultramarine Blue is the chemically pure version). I painted her more like the complex cobalt-copper blue the Egyptians used on fired pottery, which at least visually is a paler turquoise-phthalo-type blue.

• Like 13

1 minute ago, Pingo said:

Good for all you US voters out there! Vigorous participation is essential for a healthy Democracy.

I fulfilled my civic responsibility this morning. They gave us little tyvek-paper bracelets with flags on saying we voted.

Actually that's a deep gemstone blue (and - no lie - Ultramarine Blue is the chemically pure version). I painted her more like the complex cobalt-copper blue the Egyptians used on fired pottery, which at least visually is a paler turquoise-phthalo-type blue.

Ah, I thought you were going for the particles in oil approach - they did it with lapis lazuli as well. I forgot that you mentioned her being a ushabti.

And used it to dye clothing - and never, ever wahed the garments it was in, since the stuff was just powder embedded in the cloth.

One of these days I want to do a game with an Alexander the Great style mummy - coated in hardened honey.... (Mellification, not mummification.)

The Auld Grump

• Like 7

-12 snowing and up to 50 km winds. Hello winter. I don't mind you but you could have stayed away for another week or two. Forecast is for ever so slightly warmer and less wind later this week.

Baby threw up again. We got 3-4 hours of sleep. Now her temperature is rising but at least she's sleeping. Need sleep myself but waiting for the local nurse to call back to see if she can see us today or if we need to go to the doctor in another town. When I was a kid we had a hospital and doctor here. Now we only rate a nurse a few days a week in an office in the nursing home (which used to be the hospital). But I really like our nurse practitioner. Very nice lady and I'll take her over most of the doctors we've had over the years. Just she's always over booked for the days she's here. I may fall asleep soon and then she'll call. :rolleyes:

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Note from Megan - *BLEEP!* it! My urban witch is getting some blasty spells!

She was almost entirely focused on divination type spells.

But seeing Worm Guy again made her realize that sometimes, just sometimes, she just wants to blast the bad guys....

Also, a strange drunken scene in the tavern, where somehow her character's shirt ended up on the floor while she danced on the tabletop. (It started as a fumbled Gather Information roll - as she realized that her character had been focusing more on her drink than on the info she was trying to gather - and she ran with it. Her urban witch may never be the same. And people in the Swan and Frog will remember that she was there. But probably won't remember that she was asking questions.)

The Auld Grump - Saturday's game got a bit weird on me.... *EDIT* By weird, I mean that it was when she was spinning her shirt around over her head that she realized that the crown prince was also in the tavern.... (That roll she made.) She is one of the vigilante's low life friends.

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 1
  • Haha 10

Prediction.  The guy I just talked to won't listen to what I said about using the correct paper in his receipt printer, and in 6-8 months he'll be calling back because his printer is jamming up all the time, and he'll be complaining about paying $125 to $300 for a new printhead and/or autocutter, because the cheap elf paper he "can get for 1/3rd of your price" will have damaged one or both of them. 

Enjoy your savings dude.  I will enjoy my "I told you so" later on, because you're not the first guy to not listen, nor will you be the last. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, kristof65 said:

In CO, or at least in the county I lived in in CO, they used to send the sticker along with the ballot. 

They gave a sticker when we dropped off the ballot this year. That was at a manned drop off tho. Just out of luck otherwise. 

But, I do not have a sticker. Wife stole mine. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, redambrosia said:

The problem with voting by mail, like in Washington, is that I don't get a sticker. ::(:

I voted early. In person. In the rain. Several days ago.  I think I got five stickers in all. Kept two. 

I dunno why they were so sticker happy. 

• Like 7

I wish they would put a sticker in the envelope with the ballot; I'd love a sticker! Or a silly bracelet. Or something.

I'm not really that picky; the 'I voted, I did my job!' feels are probably sufficient. ^^;

Now... what was I actually /doing/ this morning?!

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, TGP said:

I voted early. In person. In the rain. Several days ago.  I think I got five stickers in all. Kept two. 

I dunno why they were so sticker happy. 

I almost walked away without a sticker this morning, but the guy monitoring the ballot box pointed them out. They had 5-6 sitting on the side of the machine for people to take, so I grabbed one and thanked him.

Not sure if he would have cared if I had taken two, or more.

Edited by klarg1
  • Like 5

56 minutes ago, Zink said:

-12 snowing and up to 50 km winds. Hello winter. I don't mind you but you could have stayed away for another week or two. Forecast is for ever so slightly warmer and less wind later this week

Pretty much my thoughts exactly! 

• Like 5

The sound of the rain pounding on the flight deck above my head is really rather soothing.  I do wonder what it would have sounded like if the ship still had her original wooden deck, rather than the steel she has now. 

And as much as I love snow, I'm glad we aren't there yet. I want to keep enjoying Autumn for a bit yet.

• Like 8

48 minutes ago, TGP said:

I think I got five stickers in all. Kept two

So, Chicago-style voting?  Vote early, vote often!

• Haha 8

*looks around in confusion*  Did I finally get caught up?

I did the voting thing yesterday.  Work was slow so I disappeared for a bit.  Good thing too.  I just barely missed ending up in a long line.

• Like 7