Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

59 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

BTDT.

Walking on bulkheads (walls) was fun!

If you timed the waves right, you could make it up a 12-15 step ladder (stairway ya filthy landlubbers!) in just 1 step. If you messed up the timing though, you were in for some hurt...

I'm already fully qualified to fall up stairs without any help from Interesting Weather, thank you ..

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

15 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Team meeting at work today. I'm looking forward to it---free lunch is involved.

There's no such thing as a free lunch...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, sumbloke said:

7 minutes ago, sumbloke said:

TANSTAAFL

The hidden costs being the time taken away from otherwise productive work and having to listen to somebody who is probably not a charismatic speaker drone on about something that is most likely of little interest or relevance.

GEM

And then there's the heartburn after

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

TANSTAAFL

The hidden costs being the time taken away from otherwise productive work and having to listen to somebody who is probably not a charismatic speaker drone on about something that is most likely of little interest or relevance.

Oh Goodness. 

That reminds me of a certain PowerPoint presentation. It was a full hour. There was no food/drink. I suppose you could say it was relevant....the Bossling giving the presentation had spent weeks preparing a PowerPoint that showed where all 200-ish people under his purview fitted in. In Boxes. Flowchart Boxes. Page after identical page (there was an official, approved, mandatory template in PP) filled with many-many-little Boxen. With names of lesser bosses and their underling under-bosses inside each box. 

On page 47 was where my box was. 

My name appeared nowhere. Nor the name of my lead. But on page 47 there was one little box with the name of the underboss we reported to. Lots of boxes, lots of connecting lines, many more pages, lots of droning...

...no food, much droning. <_<

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 7

On 11/5/2018 at 9:42 AM, sumbloke said:

Oh wow. I didn't know there was anyone else on here from this neck of the woods. I'm in Kambah, which is the direction the fire has been moving.

More than three days after it started and they still haven't declared it under control...

There's been a fair bit of rain the last couple of days, so that should help them control it...

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Unruly said:

We always used the cheap plastic chips. Or we just used the spare change in our pockets. Still got in trouble with the school because even pennies or worthless plastic was still considered gambling. Heck, they almost didn't want to let us play Magic the Gathering because they tried to consider it gambling...

Deciding if I want to make spaghetti sauce or if I want to make something else. 

Early Magic: the Gathering was gambling, back when they used ante cards. As soon as they got rid of that, there wasn't any gambling involved any more.

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, sumbloke said:

Early Magic: the Gathering was gambling, back when they used ante cards. As soon as they got rid of that, there wasn't any gambling involved any more.

Yea, but this was during 6th edition and beyond. Which was after ante cards were removed. And the ante rule was, if I remember correctly, always optional as the cards that specifically mentioned it would say "if not playing for ante remove this card from your deck." I don't think ante was ever something they did in tournaments, either, because then they'd run afoul of gambling laws in most states.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, TGP said:

Oh Goodness. 

That reminds me of a certain PowerPoint presentation. It was a full hour. There was no food/drink. I suppose you could say it was relevant....the Bossling giving the presentation had spent weeks preparing a PowerPoint that showed where all 200-ish people under his purview fitted in. In Boxes. Flowchart Boxes. Page after identical page (there was an official, approved, mandatory template in PP) filled with many-many-little Boxen. With names of lesser bosses and their underling under-bosses inside each box. 

On page 47 was where my box was. 

My name appeared nowhere. Nor the name of my lead. But on page 47 there was one little box with the name of the underboss we reported to. Lots of boxes, lots of connecting lines, many more pages, lots of droning...

...no food, much droning. <_<

I would love to attend such a meeting, this would give me the time to come up with the complete history of my Lost World Project and a few others!

Including elaborate detailed battle reports.

• Like 6
  • Haha 6

I painted today! It wasn't a mini, but still, I got paint on my hands, so it was good! 

I was painting this:

IMG_1959.PNG.20834d676a45ba43bb2f801c9ef4d172.PNG

In the back it has a string of LED lights. It's going to be a Christmas present for my mom. She loves Christmas.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

@redambrosia

Nice !

Wednesday...I like my work. But still I would rather be home with the girls and Brutus.

I want to hobby, cook, walk with Brutus.

WWWHYHYYYYYYYHHYYYY do we need money?

Oh..yeah..to buy minis...

Nevermind.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

@redambrosia

Nice !

Wednesday...I like my work. But still I would rather be home with the girls and Brutus.

WWWHYHYYYYYYYHHYYYY do we need money?

Oh..yeah..to buy minis...

Nevermind.

...and Dog Chow. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Food and such things seem to be of importance.... and on that matter I'm now having lunch.

leftover macaroni with ground beef, ham cubes, red bell peppers, fried egg and seasoned with kecap.

Add a little ketchup and GO!

I would add grate cheese normally but I haven't got it here.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

@redambrosia

Nice !

I'm guessing hobbying and cooking with Brutus would get kind of messy after short order...  Not to mention the bacon would keep "mysteriously" disappearing and all you'd get from Brutus is one of those "I have no idea what happened, it was a blur, it happened in the blink of an eye!" kind of looks.

Sure would be neat to see a Boxer sitting there with a size 0 brush and slowwwwwly painting away..

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

I seem to have lost the notebook that I was doing some of my super early campaign prep in. It only had like 6 or 7 pages of info in it, but it was all the basic groundwork I was laying before I fell into a funk and put it down. Now I'm basically having to start from scratch with the stuff I can remember and the very, very scant portion that I transcribed over to a Google Doc because I was afraid of this happening.

So go me for having forethought, but boo me for not completing the task and allowing the exact situation I knew was going to happen to happen.

• Sad 9

9 hours ago, Unruly said:

Yea, but this was during 6th edition and beyond. Which was after ante cards were removed. And the ante rule was, if I remember correctly, always optional as the cards that specifically mentioned it would say "if not playing for ante remove this card from your deck." I don't think ante was ever something they did in tournaments, either, because then they'd run afoul of gambling laws in most states.

All true. (to the best of my knowledge)

Virtually nobody I knew played for ante, which made those pretty much dead cards.

Edited by klarg1
  • Like 5