Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

The viewing had been last night, and my friend's wife was very grateful that some of the Guild was there to give her strength. Funeral is this morning, and she had asked me to be a pallbearer. This is not going to be an easy day.

• Like 1
  • Sad 21

8 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

I would love to attend such a meeting, this would give me the time to come up with the complete history of my Lost World Project and a few others!

Including elaborate detailed battle reports.

Means of preparing for the meeting - Beer, cabbage, hard boiled eggs, cheese, and baked beans - two hours before the meeting begins.

The Auld Grump - first there is a rumbling, and then the terror begins....

• Haha 12

2 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

I'm guessing hobbying and cooking with Brutus would get kind of messy after short order...  Not to mention the bacon would keep "mysteriously" disappearing and all you'd get from Brutus is one of those "I have no idea what happened, it was a blur, it happened in the blink of an eye!" kind of looks.

Sure would be neat to see a Boxer sitting there with a size 0 brush and slowwwwwly painting away..

Brutus likes to "help" he is always around when doing things.

Even when I surf the internet he usually takes position against my shoulder, slowly "falling" into my lap, so he can "help" me look...

17 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

The viewing had been last night, and my friend's wife was very grateful that some of the Guild was there to give her strength. Funeral is this morning, and she had asked me to be a pallbearer. This is not going to be an easy day.

I wish you strength!

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, redambrosia said:

I painted today! It wasn't a mini, but still, I got paint on my hands, so it was good! 

I was painting this:

IMG_1959.PNG.20834d676a45ba43bb2f801c9ef4d172.PNG

In the back it has a string of LED lights. It's going to be a Christmas present for my mom. She loves Christmas.

My mum would have loved this!

2 hours ago, Unruly said:

I seem to have lost the notebook that I was doing some of my super early campaign prep in. It only had like 6 or 7 pages of info in it, but it was all the basic groundwork I was laying before I fell into a funk and put it down. Now I'm basically having to start from scratch with the stuff I can remember and the very, very scant portion that I transcribed over to a Google Doc because I was afraid of this happening.

So go me for having forethought, but boo me for not completing the task and allowing the exact situation I knew was going to happen to happen.

Almost everything goes into Google drive for me. 

28 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

*Hugs*

Cowboy Bebop is as wonderful as I remember, which is always nice.

Tonight is D&D, and I'm still trying to decide what 5th level spells to pick. Wall of Force (it maybe Wall of Light?) is my top choice. Thinking about grabbing Storm Sphere... I really need more battlefield control spells.

• Like 9

How busy was the election in my parts? I spent so much time answering phones that even if I'd taken today off, my arms hurt too much to paint.

And before anyone asks, the office does have headsets. They're worse.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3

Well that has to be a record, saw a house that already has its Christmas decorations up this morning.

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

Tonight's kids game is going to be interesting - faking my way to the fourth adventure in Legacy of Fire.

And have reached the point where I need some efreets....

The Auld Grump - going to prepare for the game by listening to Tunak Tunak Tun.... And probably share it with the kids, for its wonderful, and appropriate, strangeness.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, aku-chan said:

Well that has to be a record, saw a house that already has its Christmas decorations up this morning.

I saw a Walmart this morning that was displaying an inflatable Xmas tree, ...on their roof, ...turned sideways :upside:

...it had fake snow on the tips of its inflatable levels ...it looked like a giant white and green cornucopia that was the size of a mini van. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 2

Okay, could use some ideas...

The recently released Mummy Lord of Stonehell megadungeon was seen performing a ritual in a large chamber known to contain a portal to the fairy realm.

The fae have not been major players, only showing up twice in 83 sessions. 

What was he up to?

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Crowley said:

The recently released Mummy Lord of Stonehell megadungeon was seen performing a ritual in a large chamber known to contain a portal to the fairy realm.

"Hey,Titania - you up?"

• Haha 10

Anyone who has Christmas decorations out before the 11th of November should spend Christmas in a trench somewhere in the middle of Belgium 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Crowley said:

What was he up to?

I don't know anything about your game, but mummy lord says "binding spell" to me. Maybe striking a deal, or simply trying to bind some fae to his will? They might be less slow and shambling than the usual undead minions.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, aku-chan said:

Yeah, I saw one last night. And they didn't have just a few, like it was a work in progress of something. No, whole house was covered. In my family, the day after thanksgiving is when Christmas decorations go up. Well, the earliest anyway. I never got around to putting up a tree last year and it felt wrong. It's happening this year. There will probably even be 2 trees. I found a pretty silver tree that will be good for my frog ornament collection. They show up better on white or silver than green :ph34r:

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

What was he up to?

The Fae are masters of nature, maybe he tries to strike a bargain to give him power over his environment?

So he can use nature against his enemies?

Or maybe get some spells or artifacts?

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

What was he up to?

What was the Mummy Lord when not undead, or before he became a mummy.  Is he a mummy by choice.  Is there fey magic that could restore him to his old fleshy self.

Also, not all fey are good.  I like the idea of him contacting his side-chick Titania, but maybe for some more nefarious reason.

• Like 9