Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

3 minutes ago, klarg1 said:

The power of the Evil Sun twists lesser fae into horrible half-fae, half-undead abominations!

Hilarity ensues.

Would those be fundead then?

• Haha 9
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Yes but are yours the ones draped over a few [too few] nails and sadly drooping all over the place, or are they the lights tightly and neatly secured to the structure with a sufficient amount of retaining clips to make for a neat, tidy, and workmanlike installation?

GEM

Somewhere in the middle. They're draped over nails, but I believe a sufficient number - there's only about half a metre or less of droop between fixing points.

5 minutes ago, sumbloke said:

Somewhere in the middle. They're draped over nails, but I believe a sufficient number - there's only about half a metre or less of droop between fixing points.

I might add some more when I re-hang them, though...

• Like 4

10 hours ago, aku-chan said:

Well that has to be a record, saw a house that already has its Christmas decorations up this morning.

9 hours ago, ShadowRaven said:

Anyone who has Christmas decorations out before the 11th of November should spend Christmas in a trench somewhere in the middle of Belgium 

a very pro-Christmas friend of mine shared an article a couple of days ago that claimed that people who put their Christmas decorations up around Nov 1st are happier than the rest of us. 

Considering the number of us who wanted to slap her for that, she remained upbeat and was starting to put her own decorations up - so the article may have a point...

3 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

That is what we used to call 'Death by PowerPoint' in the Navy.

Thank god I got out of the Navy before PowerPoint got to that point. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

Thank god I got out of the Navy before PowerPoint got to that point. 

When I were a wee young lad and a salty sailor "Power Point" was what happened when the Cat Officer leaned forward with his hand extended to touch the deck, signalling the "Trigger" to fire the Catapult and launch an aircraft.

GEM

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

The easiest (serious) answer to the mummy question is that Faerie is a shortcut to someplace else, or, perhaps, there is another evil sun god that hangs out in Faerie. (Balor (or Baal) of the Single Burning Eye comes to mind.)

The Auld Grump - Baltimore is named after a temple of Baal.... The party would never expect to end up in Maryland!

Oooh, Ba'altimore.  You may have made my Facebook status.

• Like 11
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Crowley said:

Releasing a bunch of fey wild magic, or summoning Titania both seem likely... And most definitely for nefarious reasons!

If an undead creature is contacting Titania (queen of the Summer/seelie court) it means her no good. That or it vastly underestimated the hatred the seelie court has for the abomination that is undeath. 

If its contacting the fae realm looking for allies, the most appropriate contact would be the unseelie court. But unless he already had an invite from their queen, he (a pathetic mortal who has to bargain with more powerful beings to gain a semblance of power) should stick to talking to one of the lesser fae. 

Unless he's their pawn.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Mayhaps Robin Goodfellow put him up to that . A wee bit of trickery seems like it could make for some grand sport. 

• Haha 7

Ugh. I am in a creative funk.  But not creating in general, just creating with a computer. 

Lately, I have been unable to open up any of my creative programs such as Campaign Cartographer, Fusion 360 or even MS Publisher and create anything.   It's not for a lack of ideas, I just seem to blank out and/or get distracted when I try. 

• Sad 7

13 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

The viewing had been last night, and my friend's wife was very grateful that some of the Guild was there to give her strength. Funeral is this morning, and she had asked me to be a pallbearer. This is not going to be an easy day.

How are you doing Pezler? Hope the funeral wasn’t too rough. 

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, TGP said:

How are you doing Pezler? Hope the funeral wasn’t too rough. 

This X2. I buried a couple of friends very young and know how it hurts. Still carrying the scars that don't show.

So I got a big bag of dropper bottles today and started transferring my old GW paints to them. A couple had totally solidified and were chucked, a few were a bit chunky and the rest seem ok with some water and flow improver added. Had one oopsy on a scale I haven't done in years. The tentacle pink was slightly chunky and I was thinking of how to get the still usable paint. I'd read on here not long ago about someone using a bent wire in their dremel as a mixer. I found some wire. But it was kind of thin so I twisted it around itself and left a small loop at the end sort of like an egg beater. Turned on the dremel and everything seemed ok. Stuck it in the paint and after a second or two at low speed the wire flopped over 90 degrees. Before I could turn it off it basically scooped out all the paint and flung it around. Most got me in the belly and some splattered on everything with a few feet. There was practically nothing left in the pot I was still holding in my left hand. Took a bit of cleaning to get the worst of it out of my shirt and off the floor and counter. I didn't clean up some of my tools that were nearby. I'm man enough to use a drill and jigsaw that are black with pink polka dots. Was kind of sad because there was a lot of good paint still in the bottle before that.

One of the other chunky paints I strained and think got something useful. The last was a bottle of nurgling green which definitely lived up to it's namesake. It was almost full and only 2 years old. It was a nasty, multicoloured glop with chunks. Paints like this are why I quit buying GW. It was old and nasty when I bought it and it was still sealed. Found an attachment for my dremel that looked like it might work better than my pink wire and stirred it a lot. Then ran it through a strainer after mixing a fair bit of water and flow improver in. Not sure what it'll paint like but I'm weird about not wanting to throw things out if they might be usable. 

Just need to do a dozen or so inks and washes tomorrow. I know that they could use some watering too but I'm not sure how much to do in the bottle. I'm also going to throw some additives into smaller bottles. I have big bottles of alcohol, Liquitex medium, flow improver and drying retarder that are really difficult to mix with paint on the scale I use because so much comes out at once. It'll be handy to use small drops for a lot of things. Thanks to @knarthex for telling me to try this. Only took me a year to get around to it.

• Like 11

Today was long. Helped my mom, mostly, move everything she was going to take from the house into storage. This time much less stuff went in than the last. She is currently staying in a hotel not far from here. 

I'm now trying to destress and watching forged in fire. It's a Halloween episode. Pretty great.

• Like 11

Apparently we're supposed to get snow here sometime around the weekend. If so it had best be good packing snow so that the Evil Snowmen can arise once more. But this may also once again be a perfidious lie of the Channel 7 news team...

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Froggy the Great said:

Oooh, Ba'altimore.  You may have made my Facebook status.

:ik_oops:

If I read it on the internet it’s true, yes...?

:rock:

The city [of Baltimore] is named after Cecil Calvert, second Lord Baltimore (1605–1675), of the Irish House of Lordsand founding proprietor of the Province of Maryland. Baltimore Manor was the name of the estate in County Longford on which the Calvert family lived in Ireland. Baltimore is an anglicization of the Irish name Baile an Tí Mhóir, meaning "town of the big house”.

• Like 9

Just had cake!

Second Lt, got promoted to First Lt.

She brought a Bastogne Cake ( Bastogne are a kind of cookies.) filled with cream.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1