Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

I think I spent over an hour last night trying to persuade my Nook to open a library ebook that I'd downloaded.  This worked with zero problems just over a week ago, but yesterday it just didn't want to.  The internet suggested doing all the same things I did, plus uninstalling the software and re-formatting my Nook.  Which I could do, except that it worked a freaking week ago, so why should it not work now?  I'm blaming the time change.  <_<  I'm also thinking it might be time to look at switching to Kindle, Nook is a dying platform and mine is far from new.  

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Just now, LittleBluberry said:

I think I spent over an hour last night trying to persuade my Nook to open a library ebook that I'd downloaded.  This worked with zero problems just over a week ago, but yesterday it just didn't want to.  The internet suggested doing all the same things I did, plus uninstalling the software and re-formatting my Nook.  Which I could do, except that it worked a freaking week ago, so why should it not work now?  I'm blaming the time change.  <_<  I'm also thinking it might be time to look at switching to Kindle, Nook is a dying platform and mine is far from new.  

I've been having a crapload of problems with various internet connected devices this week as well.  Daughter's new tablet was refusing to download any of her programs from Amazon, multiple apps on my phone have been problematic, the FB app on all our devices has been wonky off and on this week, my work phone became deregistered from the VOIP server for no apparent reason sometime Sunday, my son's xBox has been stuck in update loops for various games, and several more. :angry:

But at least the Reaper Forums haven't been down...::D:

• Like 8

Decided to try painting this morning, opened up my wet palette, decided to bleach my wet palette instead of painting. Yuck. Now I need to take basic steps to dog-proof my main floor so my therapist's dog (she's a trained therapy dog... Very cool) doesn't have anything too ridiculous she can get into, but once that's done I might go empty the bleach out of the wet palette and try painting again. Or I might nap. Tough call. ::):

• Like 11
  • Haha 2

Things that remind me of things around here and that have been edited slightly because they originally were taxation-is-theft memes:

7695ECC9-D09A-4FBE-BFBB-8A872FCF1A29.jpeg.86243178cae8b3940bd899064b9ff65b.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Haha 7

I've had a migraine for going on 3 days now. I'm really over it. Have lots of things to do and had to cancel plans for today. 

I was going through the website I've been using off and on to catalog minis and started going through the bones I got 9 pages in and realized I wasn't signed in... <_< So I don't know if it actually saved all of that but I'm very irritated right now.

• Sad 12

58 minutes ago, SparrowMarie said:

I've had a migraine for going on 3 days now. I'm really over it. Have lots of things to do and had to cancel plans for today. 

I was going through the website I've been using off and on to catalog minis and started going through the bones I got 9 pages in and realized I wasn't signed in... <_< So I don't know if it actually saved all of that but I'm very irritated right now.

Not getting stuff done due to illness is my number one pet peeve.  I had such a productive spring, but it's been a really unproductive fall.  I realized this year that probably part of the reason why I don't get into Halloween much is because I'm normally on antibiotics.  <_<  

Today I gave up and had a nap.  It was good.  

• Like 9

The company I contract to has an exceptional admin assistant.  I hope our customers realize that. 

She actually follows up - for one of my distributors, she's sent no less than 5 emails following up on a custom order we need info on in order to fulfill. When I found that out today, I told her that she'd more than done her duty on it, and any delays at this point are on them, not her. We have confirmation they've received her emails, she needs to just let it go for now. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Marvin said:

Things that remind me of things around here and that have been edited slightly because they originally were taxation-is-theft memes:

7695ECC9-D09A-4FBE-BFBB-8A872FCF1A29.jpeg.86243178cae8b3940bd899064b9ff65b.jpeg

you forgot the wolf shaped void against a background and someone looking around "a where wolf"?

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

24 minutes ago, Keianna said:

It's Snowing! :blush:

And it's the best kind of snow. The kind that melts immediately. 

I respectfully disagree. The best kind of snow comes in a paper cone, and never even touches the ground.

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

Just now, klarg1 said:

I respectfully disagree. The best kind of snow comes in a paper cone, and never even touches the ground.

If they have both banana and butterscotch syrup I would be inclined to agree with you. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

36 minutes ago, Keianna said:

It's Snowing! :blush:

And it's the best kind of snow. The kind that melts immediately. 

The best kind of snow is the fluffy snow that comes down in inches and feet and with enough warning that I can work from home and watch it come down.  And not mixed with any sort of rain or ice or whatever!  Just snow.

The worst kind of snow is the wet snow that comes down, only accumulates about a quarter inch on roads, and turns into black ice overnight.

The second worst kind of snow is any snow that anyone has to drive in (or through).

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, LittleBluberry said:
2 hours ago, SparrowMarie said:

Not getting stuff done due to illness is my number one pet peeve.  I had such a productive spring, but it's been a really unproductive fall.  I realized this year that probably part of the reason why I don't get into Halloween much is because I'm normally on antibiotics.  <_<  

Today I gave up and had a nap.  It was good.  

Me too. I hate when my physical or mental stuff prevents me from getting things done or connecting with friends. I spend so much less time here now.

I hope you two have better days!

I was doing really good working on my D&D sculpt and practicing skin tones and then brain stuff happened. We realized it coincided with some medications I was taking for physical issues. <_< I stopped taking those a couple days ago and had some weird withdrawals, but overall I feel way better. Better enough to do exactly what my excitable brain is good at - add more art projects to my list haha!

Edited by Morihalda
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1