Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Just received a message from my daughter ( not one of the vixens but my biological one).

Not sure what to think about it.

I will rant now.

Feel free to ignore, just need to get it off my chest.

Reveal hidden contents

She has two daughters, first dad she kicked out of the house for being an alcoholic.

They weren't married, but lived together, she feared for her daughter's future and kicked him out after several attempts of getting him sober.

I supported her decision.

I actually thought she was brave to do so.

Second dad, divorced and has a son that comes over a few days a week.

Works in construction.

He has had a very troublesome youth, two brothers and parents with whom he fights and then goes along again.

His father has debts which he tries to pay off.

Son suffers from ADHD which doesn make things easy, but ok...

Seemed like a good guy at first, but then they got married, got a daughter and he joined a 1% outlaw biker gang.

No question about that, I know those colours, the symbols etc...

We visited a few times, and on occasion he was not really there, kind of absent, it took me a while but then I saw the light.

He used drugs..

He got verbally abusive to my daughter and she chose to live apart with the kids.

I supported this and thought, well, this will fade, she has a chance to chose a good path now.

A while ago she mentioned that he had changed, he was so sweet during his visits when he picked up the kids..

They almost never fought anymore.

And she was thinking to get together again.

I was not impressed since he is still part of that gang, I know he has been "called" to beat some opponents up on at least one occasion.

And he is still using.

I have to protect my family from this elfhole, so I told her, I would love to see her and the kids, but I had no intention of interacting with Mr. Semi-criminal anymore.

She didn't take that well at first.

Then called back to tell me we could see each other every now and then without him.

Never happened.

Contact is limited to a "congratulations" at birthdays over whats app.

This has been going on for more than a year now.

Today she texted me that she is now again living with him.

I just wished her good luck.

I don't feel good about it, but I have no intention of allowing this scumbag in our lives.

I have two stepdaughters and a girlfriend to protect, I will not let my daughter's poor decisions threaten that.

I will try to maintain the little contact we have, but aside from that I'm letting it go.

Or at least I try.

I have tried to warn her of that gang as well.

She just sticks her head in the sand, the parties are nice and the wives of the other guys are nice...we had such a nice bbq last time..

We are on very opposite sides of the spectrum here.

I can't and won't bring myself to interact with someone like this.

Aside from that my job also would conflict with such a person.

I know this means I will probably almost never see my daughter and the two little ones, but to tell the truth the last time I saw my daughter was over a year ago. And the little ones almost 2 years ago.

Always hoped this would go better, and I was hoping she would let this guy go when they separated.

Maybe I'm the stupid one here, I don't know.

But I can't handle guys who use drugs, beat people up and are abusive.

She has made her choice, it's her right.

I have the right to make mine.

Sometimes I wished he would run into a concrete wall with his gang.

Oh well.

Sorry for the rant.

I'm fine overall, no worries.

Just needed to vent a little.

Getting it off my chest and move on...

These are the times I'm actually happy my parents are no longer around to see this.

Dear MODS, If this should be too much, move it to the Beekeepers.

Sorry..

Sorry for your troubles.  Sometimes people just have to learn for themselves.  I do recommend trying tonjeep in touglch though, even if it's around biker boy.  There's a need to make sure your grandkids know its not them and that during the inevitable disaster your daughter knows she has a haven to run to.

2 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

There are only two amounts of Green Stuff - Too Much and Not Enough. *EDIT* I lied, there is also Crap! I Ran Out!

Isn't this a subset of 'not enough?'

2 hours ago, Pegazus said:

I do believe there is some surgery that new managers go through that removes that portion of their brain which allows them to differentiate between reality and fantasy. The shear amount of times this week I’ve been directed to change what reality is has been astounding. 

My bosses keep trying to schedule me for that (the call it managers training)  however I have eluded them with carefully scheduled travel with the intention doing real work.

On a side note Gabby, my bearded dragon has learned the art of baiting a trap.  If her dinner finds a place she Can't reach or find, she will go get a piece of fruit or veg from her dish and then put it near where she thinks dinner is hiding.  Then she will take 2 steps back and wait, still as stone.  When dinner comes out to investigate the free lunch: snap!

I think she's considering a career change to process equipment sales 'can I take you out to lunch?  I have something to show you....'

Edited by Kangaroorex
  • Haha 10

2 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

Sorry for your troubles.  Sometimes people just have to learn for themselves.  I do recommend trying tonjeep in touglch though, even if it's around biker boy.  There's a need to make sure your grandkids know its not them and that during the inevitable disaster your daughter knows she has a haven to run to.

To keep in touch?

I will try to maintain at least the minimal contact we have.

Not cutting the ropes so to speak, but I fear this might become difficult, depending on her attitude as well.

We will see what the future will bring.

One of the kids is too young to even know who I am right now.

The other knows, but we haven't seen each other for over a year which is long for such a young kid.

I'm at peace with it, not liking it..but I can manage.

It just isn't what I had in mind of course.

• Like 2
  • Sad 8

3 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

To keep in touch?

I will try to maintain at least the minimal contact we have.

Not cutting the ropes so to speak, but I fear this might become difficult, depending on her attitude as well.

We will see what the future will bring.

One of the kids is too young to even know who I am right now.

The other knows, but we haven't seen each other for over a year which is long for such a young kid.

I'm at peace with it, not liking it..but I can manage.

It just isn't what I had in mind of course.

Yes 'to keep in touch' (darn autocorrupt)  have you tried the route of agreeing to disagree around lifestyles?  My FIL and I get along by following specific rules in conversation and bearing.  It's not always the best conversations but it does allow him to See his grandkids and for all of us to remain civil.  It's not near the situation you are in but it might help. As an estranged grandson due to my father's and grandfather's disagreements, I find myself occasionally wishing I had the opportunity to spend time with him before he wasn't there anymore.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

Yes 'to keep in touch' (darn autocorrupt)  have you tried the route of agreeing to disagree around lifestyles?  My FIL and I get along by following specific rules in conversation and bearing.  It's not always the best conversations but it does allow him to See his grandkids and for all of us to remain civil.  It's not near the situation you are in but it might help. As an estranged grandson due to my father's and grandfather's disagreements, I find myself occasionally wishing I had the opportunity to spend time with him before he wasn't there anymore.

Thank you.

I understand what you mean, but I won't be able to do that.

Can't say too much because that might land this in beekeepers.

I will not tolerate a criminal in my house and I will not visit one and interact like nothing is wrong either.

I will keep in touch with her as we have done so far.

Although it has been limited to some text messages for a long time now.

If that doesn't work, then too bad. It's all I will do.

I know this might sound harsh, but I have more people to consider, my vixens are doing great and I will protect them from this bad influence.

We will have to see what the future brings.

That's about what I can say about this.

Thanks for you consideration I appreciate it.

Sometimes things are not what they should be.

People make choices, and choices bring consequences.

I just need to rant a little every now and then, and then I move on...

I've got a lot to be thankful for and I will focus on that instead of the stress inducing and bad stuff.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

I got the results of the genetic test! Baby doesn't have Down's syndrome (yay!) and is a girl!!! Double yay!!!

Congrats!

All Hail the Empress!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, but ... that's a weird ... ah - clown?

I prefer Freddy Mercury instead. Or an anime loli robot killer maid. From the future. And armoured.

Edited by SisterMaryNapalm
  • Like 10
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, SisterMaryNapalm said:

I prefer Freddy Mercury instead. Or an anime loli robot killer maid. From the future. And armoured. 

welcome-back-5be5f0.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1

4 day weekend for me. Monday being Veterans day (which means I don't have to go into work) I decided to take an additional day so I don't lose the time. 

Working on getting caught up with downloading 3d printer files and getting my cr-10 back up and running. Unfortunately it had been down since my return from Reapercon.

Game tonight and hopefully I can get some painting in over the rest of the weekend.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, SisterMaryNapalm said:

You are my champion, my friend :-D

Okay. That came out wrong.

Good to be back.

Glad to see you again!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, redambrosia said:

I got the results of the genetic test! Baby doesn't have Down's syndrome (yay!) and is a girl!!! Double yay!!!

Congratulamalationings!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Well, shucks, this is what I get for dropping off the boards for a while. I completely missed this figure:

4 hours ago, odinsgrandson said:

Here is our current adventuring party for Iron Kingdoms.  We started a new campaign shortly after Reapercon, so I was able to make use of several of the convention minis.

This party is quite an odd mix of races.  Lately, I've been quite fond of having a semi-cohesive color pallet for our adventuring parties.  The last one I did was all in cold blues, so with this one I went for a very warm pallet.

Lil is an investigator who 'secretly' is a Thamar Advocate.  She's just the stock mini of the vampire hunter from Reapercon (by Bob Ridolfi)

IK-Lil.jpg?i=1472482746&width=753&height

She looks fun.

Hey, @SisterMaryNapalm, welcome back!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, SisterMaryNapalm said:

Welcome back!

In the context of the song, the picture is probably a Carnival Barker.

GEM

Somebody asked about Forumites near the fires.

Here in SoCal the fires in Ventura and Northern Los Angeles Counties are being driven by high Santana / Santa Ana Winds with extreme low humidity and it looks like they won't be stopped till they hit the Pacific Ocean.  As of last night Malibu was under threat.  There are mandatory evacuation orders in place and from the helicopter video I've seen it's a very bad situation and too many people are going to be made homeless.

We are safe here and having a balmy day with just enough wind to keep it from being dead calm.

GEM

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2