Jump to content

Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, SisterMaryNapalm said:

Thanks, but ... that's a weird ... ah - clown?

 

I prefer Freddy Mercury instead. Or an anime loli robot killer maid. From the future. And armoured.

 

Everyone prefers Freddy Mercury ::P:

  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished transferring all my paints to dropper bottles last night. With some additives and things like a bottle of  alcohol (not THAT kind! For thinning metallics. The other kind is on the floor next to the table) and distilled water it comes out to 224 bottles total. Was hoping to finish making the rack for them today but it's -5 in the garage and after a couple hours outside I'm wimping out a bit. I need to cut and glue another 50 pieces of the pvc conduit. I was trying to count how many paints I had at midnight last night after not really sleeping for a couple days. Wasn't going well. :upside: I'm hoping the pvc glue didn't freeze and get ruined. Stinky stuff so I wasn't doing the gluing in the house either. I'll try it out after I've warmed up a bit. This will free up a bunch of space in my painting area which I know from experience will soon be full of other odds and ends. But at least the paints will be organised and easy to find.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At lunch today I was a bad boy, and introduced Megan to Foamy the Squirrel cartoons. (Freakin' amazed that she had never encountered it before.)

 

The Auld Grump - she had never watched Homestar Runner, either. :blink:

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Flit said:

Are cats supposed to like peanut butter?  I know my dog loves it but a few days ago I was eating peanut butter and one of the cats started sniffing it. I gave him a little bit on my finger, not expecting him to try it. But he loves it now I have the dog and one of the cats trying to eat my peanut butter. The other cat was offered a taste, but she ignored it.

 

A friend's cat is addicted to Vegemite. A surefire way to buy her affection is to smear some on your fingertip and leave said finger where she can reach it.

 

In my own house, one cat will go after anything tomato-based, a second will fight you for French fries and goes mad in the presence of anything Starbucks, and yet a third has an addiction to grass...

 

The last is merely afraid of the dark.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 9
  • Confused 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Pingo said:

 

Eldest, aka "Red" has just (like, told us about it five minutes ago) been researching some verrrrry interesting stuff about Aphrodite. I haven't seen anyone else connect these dots before. Hmm ...

Is this subject going to be a new Youtube video? *crosses fingers*

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Weird-O said:

 

A friend's cat is addicted to Vegemite. A surefire way to buy her affection is to smear some on your fingertip and leave said finger where she can reach it.

 

In my own house, one cat will go after anything tomato-based, a second will fight you for French fries and goes mad in the presence of anything Starbucks, and yet a third has an addiction to grass...

 

The last is merely afraid of the dark.

 

A friend's cat loves fruit. He goes nuts for melon. A cat I lived with in my previous house hated certain music and would actually reach up and bite my butt if I played something she didn't like on my phone. Not hard enough to break skin, but hard enough to know she was displeased. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Is this subject going to be a new Youtube video? *crosses fingers*

 

Very likely, but possibly not for some time. :ph34r:

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rob Dean said:

 

Would it be a Hemn secretary desk? Mine is about to be surplus, and you could have it if you could get to Baltimore to get it...

New quest item:  The Writing Desk of Ba'al Timor!

 

3 hours ago, SisterMaryNapalm said:

Thanks, but ... that's a weird ... ah - clown?

 

I prefer Freddy Mercury instead. Or an anime loli robot killer maid. From the future. And armoured.

I need this mini.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Keianna said:

 

A friend's cat loves fruit. He goes nuts for melon. A cat I lived with in my previous house hated certain music and would actually reach up and bite my butt if I played something she didn't like on my phone. Not hard enough to break skin, but hard enough to know she was displeased. 

 

 

The French fries cat also hates horror movies. If you watch one while he's in the room, he'll get antsy, flip out, and run out of the room.

  • Like 6
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Pingo said:

Are the forumites in wildfire territory okay?:mellow:

 

Hmm.

*Looks out window*

:blink:

 

*Retrieves Little Wildcat*

 

This isn't funny any more.  Fourth time I've been confined to quarters by smoke in the past 2 years.  Not too worried about the fires themselves getting here - I live close enough to the primary water bomber base that if that happens, things have gone so far pear-shaped that they've been thinly sliced, laid out on puff pastry, given an egg wash and baked to perfection with the heat from the encroaching flames.  I'm lucky enough that I can just stay on a blanket with the kittens until this blows over.  But I do consider the incineration of small towns with little warning to be cause for concern.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Braved the sub zero temps in the garage and completed the paint rack. What I'm talking about is the shorter one on the right.

IMG_6278.thumb.JPG.a299306b1d2c10c8d3807226c0cd68b7.JPG

  • Like 15
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, kitchen_wolf said:

 

Hmm.

*Looks out window*

:blink:

 

*Retrieves Little Wildcat*

 

This isn't funny any more.  Fourth time I've been confined to quarters by smoke in the past 2 years.  Not too worried about the fires themselves getting here - I live close enough to the primary water bomber base that if that happens, things have gone so far pear-shaped that they've been thinly sliced, laid out on puff pastry, given an egg wash and baked to perfection with the heat from the encroaching flames.  I'm lucky enough that I can just stay on a blanket with the kittens until this blows over.  But I do consider the incineration of small towns with little warning to be cause for concern.

 

Sometimes, I think this forum really needs a O_o reaction.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cyradis said:

 

Everyone prefers Freddy Mercury ::P:

He was an amazing showman. I think I preferred him with long hair hair over his short mustached look though. 

 

I have a known known preference for long hair though.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

He was an amazing showman. I think I preferred him with long hair hair over his short mustached look though. 

 

I have a known known preference for long hair though.

 

Good thing hair can grow and it doesn't stay short ^_^

 

So.... where is a Freddy Mercumini? We need one for painting. 

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×