Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

21 hours ago, Pingo said:
21 hours ago, redambrosia said:

We've got two that I know of you live in that area. For the life of me, I can't remember their forum handles. I was wondering the same thing.

It's at least @sumbloke and @Sibling that I know of. You guys okay?

I'm okay. They seem to have contained it, even though it's still coming up as an alert. http://esa.act.gov.au/community-information/incidents-map/ if you want to play along at home...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

Well, my bride is still sick, so no trip out to visit my sister today. Kinda bummed about that. On the other hand, not having to spend hours in the car today is kinda nice. 

Also means that for my 3 day weekend, I'll actually be able to get in a solid chunk of painting time. My DM asked me if I have a big blue dragon... This may be a case of "well I primed it blue" Personally though, I'm not sure I want to face an ancient blue dragon... though I'm worried that this'll be a situation where in the end we'll get to watch someone else fight the ancient blue dragon... Which is even less fun. :unsure: Although setting it up as a preview of what to expect at level 20 would be cool. Sadly my DM is VERY pregnant, and we're gonna be wrapping this up soon. And in answer to the question, no, I don't have an ancient gargantuan blue dragon mini. Best I can manage is an adult blue. 

*pours another cup of coffee*

• Like 10

Called my mom this morning to tell her to forget about getting me a desk from Ikea as a Christmas present, as she had just asked me last week what I wanted and that's what I told her. At first she was upset, because she had decided to get it for me. But when I told her the reason I was buying it myself was that I was going to be in Pittsburgh, 5 miles away from Ikea, on Monday anyway she said "Oh. Well then I don't blame you. I was going to have to make a special trip up there for it myself." And then she offered to just give me the money to pay for it unless I found something else that I wanted.

I also need a new TV stand for my living room, as the one I have is an old hand me down that it literally held together with a couple tacks and a piece of scrap plywood that I rigged into place to prevent it from collapsing on itself. So now I'm looking for a corner tv stand in the same price range. If I can't find one that I like, then I'll just have her reimburse me for the desk as my present.

• Like 11

4 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

.............you're just going to eat it straight from the bag, aren't you? :rock:

:blush:

Well, I mean, that was the first thing that occurred to me... but that doesn't mean I'm not sensible enough to not do it!

:wipes Nutella off face: 

Totally sensible...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 13

Looks like this:

8479A07D-D457-49C8-83AD-176C12F9D0A9.thumb.jpeg.8ee9297f2edfc9853244c922aef3bc3f.jpeg

B672ACBA-71CE-40C3-97D1-98F76837B7BD.thumb.jpeg.a3e74819f52cacf1c9c9ff41c6a949c2.jpeg

Tall and reasonably narrow. The upper hutch is optional. It isn’t going to fit in my new space, and it seems, in my hands, to be an invitation to clutter. ::P:

Hemnes is the actual name...

The packing team is here this morning, so I'm working on getting my stuff movable. I need to put more in boxes of goodwill...

Edited by Rob Dean
  • Like 11

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

Well, my bride is still sick, so no trip out to visit my sister today. Kinda bummed about that. On the other hand, not having to spend hours in the car today is kinda nice. 

Also means that for my 3 day weekend, I'll actually be able to get in a solid chunk of painting time. My DM asked me if I have a big blue dragon... This may be a case of "well I primed it blue" Personally though, I'm not sure I want to face an ancient blue dragon... though I'm worried that this'll be a situation where in the end we'll get to watch someone else fight the ancient blue dragon... Which is even less fun. :unsure: Although setting it up as a preview of what to expect at level 20 would be cool. Sadly my DM is VERY pregnant, and we're gonna be wrapping this up soon. And in answer to the question, no, I don't have an ancient gargantuan blue dragon mini. Best I can manage is an adult blue. 

*pours another cup of coffee*

I'm sorry that your love is sick. :<

But I'm so amused that you're differentiating between adult and gargantuan blue dragon minis. I love this hobby. :lol:

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

Nature abhors a vacuum or clean flat space. So does any table, counter, etc near me. Because I live with a neat freak my working areas get cleaned every so often. Not nearly as much as she'd like but more than they would if it was just me. The great part is I've worn her down enough that she doesn't nag about it anymore. She's resigned to the fact that there are two small messy areas in the garage and basement. The first floor of the house is nearly spotless despite 3 adults and 3 kids living here.

• Like 10

11 minutes ago, Morihalda said:

I'm sorry that your love is sick. :<

But I'm so amused that you're differentiating between adult and gargantuan blue dragon minis. I love this hobby. :lol:

I mean, one is huge, the other is gargantuan. 3*3 or 4*4 table space. Without building up a great big base, putting a too small mini onto a big base just looks off. 

Thanks. It's just a cold, but it's a miserable one. 

Okay, off to do the chores... after I finish this cup of coffee. 

• Like 7

17 hours ago, redambrosia said:

My husband discovered Nutella in a piping bag at his work! They should sell it like that everywhere! You could pipe it onto your cookies! It's revolutionary I tell you!!!

Perhaps you should not tell him that both piping bags and Nutella are readily available separately in many grocery stores.

...then again, perhaps you should. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

19 minutes ago, Argentee said:

I live....

Generally a good thing even if sometimes it doesn't feel like it.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Argentee said:

I live....

Argentee!!! (pounce) I missed youuuuuu!

• Like 8

50 minutes ago, Argentee said:

I live....

Usually a good sign!

Glad to see you!

6 minutes ago, SparrowMarie said:

I need a break.

image.png.90316c4f5195e7a97e26ba382c1a6dd9.png