Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

Stupid cats. They woke me up 2 and a half hours ago, after I'd only gotten about 4 hours of sleep, and I haven't been able to fall back to sleep. And now it's pretty much too late to, because in an hour and a half I'd be getting up to get ready for work anyway.

Guess I'll be dragging at work tonight...

• Sad 9

3 hours ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

I awoke to find the bag of food for the Fat Little Birds ripped open and a pile of half eaten seeds all over the floor. I just now transfered the contents to a rubbermaid container and am trying to figure out which is the most likely cause of this.

1: The Mouslings I have already painted are feeling hungry and mischeivious so when I am asleep they have begun raiding the bird food. 

2: The neighbor's seed eating cat has figured out a way to break into the house and is going after the source.

3: My painting of the Mouslings has summoned actual mice. I've also been thinking quite a bit about the mouse that declared herself my new roommate in Austin having mentioned the incident earlier in the thread so that  combined with the painting might have done it. 

Raccoon?

2 hours ago, Pingo said:

The same is true about bananas, and yet nobody wonders about that.

Turns out bananas in their natural state have lots of yucky seeds all throughout:

We've been eating a relatively flavorless seedless mutant banana, the "Cavendish", widely considered to be inferior in every way to the larger, less bruisy, sweeter, more flavorful (said to taste like artificial banana flavor only for real) seedless mutant "Gros Michel", wiped out almost globally by the 1950s because genetically identical monocrops are really stupidly susceptible to disease.

"Yes! we Have No Bananas" was written at the beginning of the manifestation of the blight that wiped out the Gros Michel as a viable crop.

And we're facing another banana extinction right now.

A disease threatens our current banana...

1 hour ago, hiddenone32 said:

*crawls out from under his rock and waves*  Morning, all.

***Waves back***.

*** places a bowl of bacon near the rock***

• Like 5

Spent the morning snaking the sewer line, then showered up and went to work only two hours late. 

And my Boss wonders why I try to keep half of my personal time for use in November and December... that’s when things break!

• Like 12

23 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

It's the same disease. Because they didn't exactly learn the right lessons the first time.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Raccoon?

***Waves back***.

*** places a bowl of bacon near the rock***

I'm really hoping that it's not a raccoon, seeing as how the bag was on a shelf in the  laundry room, which is the central room of the house...

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, Crowley said:

My bride is okay with it, though she doesn't really *get* it. My ex can roast in the fires of h*ck that her soul spawned from. 

My wife gets it because she likes knick knacks and little figures of all sorts. She just doesn't want to get it on the scale I like. She'd probably be fine with a dozen skirmish sized warbands. She's not so sure about a dozen 200 mini armies plus accessories. For a few years I didn't buy anything and almost never painted. She's noticed I'm a lot happier when I get some time with my toys and I really don't spend that much compared to other hobbies. We'll ignore my most recent Bones order for that comment. :rolleyes:

• Like 9
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

More building supplies are falling from the sky. So this happened...

100_0712.JPG.3620d6082ef64da9da2b702df7bfc8cb.JPG

Porch Guardian 2: Electric Boogaloo! 

Not sure I want to live in a place where shotguns and pumpkins fall from the sky. :lol:

5 minutes ago, Zink said:

She's noticed I'm a lot happier when I get some time with my toys and I really don't spend that much compared to other hobbies. 

i think relationships do a lot better when each person has a hobby that they enjoy, and have time to do it.  It doesn't matter if it's the same hobby, though it's awesome for those couples who do share one. 

My wife does stained glass, and we can often be found downstairs hobbying at the same time.   

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Zink said:

My wife gets it because she likes knick knacks and little figures of all sorts. She just doesn't want to get it on the scale I like. She'd probably be fine with a dozen skirmish sized warbands. She's not so sure about a dozen 200 mini armies plus accessories. For a few years I didn't buy anything and almost never painted. She's noticed I'm a lot happier when I get some time with my toys and I really don't spend that much compared to other hobbies. We'll ignore my most recent Bones order for that comment. :rolleyes:

Yup, totally this. 

IMG_20181115_143844.thumb.jpg.21da0c2d31e0fbd6470fbe50b0ecc22d.jpg

I guess fall is over...

• Like 9
  • Sad 3

4 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Yup, totally this. 

I guess fall is over...

I think the bigger question is... Have they turned the heat on yet...

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Unruly said:

Stupid cats. They woke me up

Speaking of cats... and bananas... and food. 

Is peanut butter bad for cats?  Will it make one sick?

• Like 3

Asking for reasons ***

Edited by TGP
  • Like 3

This is for @Glitterwolf

JG00005lg.jpg 

City on a Waterfall, peopled with humans and dinosaurs, named, what else? Waterfall City

Gurney_WaterfallCityAftLight-large.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

***here is the reason:

7A312C42-E59F-4DD7-8E23-31A40BA955B0.jpeg.a6db92d5ef0615719d3ab8419a9d7dcc.jpeg

About five days ago I started hearing creatures overhead, in the walls, or the attic....somewhere. The only thing I can do about it is set out a trap and hope I get them when they sally out to forage.  

But this very feral cat went for the peanut butter on stale bread bait instead. Stupid cat. :mellow:

Edited by TGP
elling sperror
  • Like 12

2 hours ago, Zink said:

Lady Klarg takes a similar view of hobbying: She actively encourages me to relax and take time to play with my hobbies for my own mental health. She doesn't do anything mini-related at all, but she gets crafting, and personal time.

I try not to discuss new acquisitions too much. She already things* I'm a hoarder

1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:

I think the bigger question is... Have they turned the heat on yet...

I can't speak for @Crowley, but my office is warmer than outside, and I still swear there's a column of cold air blowing straight down on my head over here in the corner. :angry:

* - She may be right, but I choose the path of denial.

1 hour ago, TGP said:

Speaking of cats... and bananas... and food. 

Is peanut butter bad for cats?  Will it make one sick?

As I understand it, it is not actively poisonous or anything, but it's none too good for their digestion.

Eating a little won't hurt, but it's not a viable diet.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

I guess fall is over...

So when does spring start up there?

I'm looking at traveling up that-a-ways for the Tolkien exhibit at the Morgan Library & Museum and I'd like to avoid the snow.

I'm trying to talk my wife into visiting the USS Intrepid while we're up there.  Even if we don't make this time, we're going by there sooner or later.  The Enterprise is somewhere around there and we have a goal to get a picture of our plush Space Core keychain with every remaining space shuttle.

• Like 9