Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

Woke up to Husband saying "Paints are but one get one from 10-11..." This morning. I did not pass that will save. I got the max amount of paints for BOGO (10), so I came home with 20 paints. I also got 4 minis at 20% off. In this transaction I also got 3 Heavy Gear paints. Seriously considered dumping the box of Heavy Gear stuff into my basket and then seeing how many I had but didn't 

Posted everything in acquisitions.

I'm currently working on putting the Bones ones in my swatch book.

ETA: Everything came to $30USD after our discounts and points on our store card.

Edited by SparrowMarie
  • Like 16

1 minute ago, Chaoswolf said:

November 18th---so far, have not heard any Christmas music.

I cannot make the same claim. My first of the year was the day after Halloween. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

5 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Is day after TG ok?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

My son works for CVS pharmacy; he told me that they had to have all of their Christmas stuff out for display on November 1st.

@TGP---yup, that's fine by me.

Edited by Chaoswolf
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Barbie, or something very much like her?

Almost certainly.

Mattel...?

*Shake Magic 8 Ball*

Answer Cloudy, Try Again Later.

The Auld Grump - I still can't quite wrap my mind around Sear's going bankrupt....

They basically let Amazon steal their lunch, their dinner, and desert. :ph34r:

Sears perfected catalog ordering and delivery but somehow couldn't make the connection that Internet = Electronic Catalog.

Until it was too late. :down:

GEM

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

Sears made the same mistake Blockbuster did. Netflix was originally a DVD mail-rental, and then transitioned into online only. Blockbuster had several years where they could have been competitive, but they totally flubbed it. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

So woke up at 7 am, did yard work, showered, crawled back into bed about 11 am... 11:14 I get a call from Mom that sister failed to close the stand alone freezer completely...

Two crockpots of beef and veggie soup made, a crockpot of spaghetti sauce made, cookies made... all we had to throw out was some leftover pizza, and one package of cod. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

One of the Las Vegas stations was playing "Christmas Music" while we were up there.

Sinatra and Sammy Davis Jr.

GEM

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

Would you like some?

I'll be happy put a brass disk on the player and crank it up.  The tinkling sounds of an 18 finger music box could soon be filling the air.

GEM

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So, apparently I have a lurker :ph34r: The kid who plays dnd with us, known as Ty to y'all, has been lurking on the forums. Hi Ty! :wavies: :lol:

4 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Barbie, or something very much like her?

Almost certainly.

Mattel...?

*Shake Magic 8 Ball*

Answer Cloudy, Try Again Later.

The Auld Grump - I still can't quite wrap my mind around Sear's going bankrupt....

It's entirely debatable. Mattel seems to be doing their best to kill all their doll lines. Ever After is dead and buried, Monster High is barely hanging on, and Barbie is selling less and less. They still seemed think girls play dress up with them, when really, we were playing war, or corporate take over, or let's see how many tries it takes to run over Ken with with the Barbie car. 

Even when I was little I disliked Ken. 

They also under estimate how many boys would play with them, if they stopped selling them as "girls toys".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

Decided to re-inventory the yet-to-be-painted portion of my miniature collection.  I just love discovering things I had completely forgotten I had.  

• Like 13

Had to reinstall Firefox because it wouldn't open... Only took a minute, but irritating computer stuff is irritating. Feh.

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

17 minutes ago, Clearman said:

Decided to re-inventory the yet-to-be-painted portion of my miniature collection.  I just love discovering things I had completely forgotten I had.  

It's grand, isn't it? :;):

• Like 8

I sometimes wonder if the posts I abandon will come back to haunt me somehow...

RE: Sears.

Stock buybacks when you have a mountain of debt are a bad idea.  They probably could have survived if they hadn't done that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2