Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

Everyone! Seize the Spoons of Correction! The Heretics are upon us! 

6 minutes ago, Wyvernfire said:

So what are the teachings of Agamenthar position on coffee ice cream? 

That depends upon whether the ice cream itself is "Coffee flavored" thru the use of industrial alchemy: ie the "flavor labs", in which case it is not a violation of the 3rd law, but still disturbing.

If added to actual Coffee then it is in violation of the 3rd Law and thus heresy. (root beer is the intended liquid vector for ice cream, especially if a bit of Canadian Mist is mixed in.)

Edited by Lord of the Dish Pit
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

The use of milk and cream is the most common violation of the 3rd Law of Agamenthar, which states

" Thou shalt not adulterate the Sacred Brew save for three things, Sugar, Booze, and the Blood of thy enemies."

The "blood of enemies" things is there due to the fact that having open mugs on the battlefield make it rather unavoidable at some point, and to dump the Coffee would be Heresy. 

As to levels of heresy, there are Arch Heretics, but I will not teach you how to fall further down that path from common violation! 

This is within the 3rd Law and acceptable. The type of booze matters not.

Having reflected upon these matters, I see now the insidious claw of Abomination Santa behind the recent heresies. The Foul Fiend seeks to corrupt the painters of minis, so that he may call upon and animate our Figmentian Legions to further his Perfidious Plans....

Sweet.  Do I get the cloak to go with that Arch Heretic status?  Even if they're annoying things that seemingly get in the way anyways?

31 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

I may have horrified @Cyradis today:

received_2145908339060850.thumb.jpeg.8add1a2a7ca666a965e08aac2d31733b.jpeg

For an Unholy Abomination, it's not too bad.

Ooooh, I almost picked up some of that.  Now I absolutely MUST pick some up!

Another good one is from David's Tea - Coffee Pu'erh. Mmmm, tasty.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

Arch Heretics do NOT get cloaks!

They are condemned to losing their Cheese privileges, they are allowed only Valveeta: the Anti Cheese! 

Arch Heretics don't follow any rules by those who claim to make all the rules, and so...  Will have the first two lines of traps made not of boiling oil.... but boiling velveeta, just to be that much more of a heretic....

Please give two weeks notice when you're planning on attacking the stronghold, it's so...  Y'know, I can ensure I'm there.  Totally isn't because keeping vats of boiling velveeta is stinky or expensive.

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

11 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Arch Heretics don't follow any rules by those who claim to make all the rules, and so...  Will have the first two lines of traps made not of boiling oil.... but boiling velveeta, just to be that much more of a heretic....

Please give two weeks notice when you're planning on attacking the stronghold, it's so...  Y'know, I can ensure I'm there.  Totally isn't because keeping vats of boiling velveeta is stinky or expensive.

If you keep it on the boil for too long all the chemicals start to separate.

GEM

So I baked an Apple and Raisin Pie.

It is now cooling down to eating temperature.

My wife is bugging me, "Is it ready to eat yet?"

I'll explain that it is a Mince Pie when I give her a piece, with whipped cream and a piece of very sharp cheddar cheese.

GEM

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Two words: Pumpkin Spice :devil:

The problem is the pumpkin part. Those are general pie or chai spices and are glorious. Then the pumpkin comes and ruins it!

• Like 6

As some may have heard, Wednesday Dec. 5th has been declared a Federal Holiday & some services will be closed in honor of the late President Bush. 

From what I have heard the USPS will not be delivering mail.

The VA will remain open and continue to care for veterans.

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Look at what your heresy has done to you!

You're contemplating spending hard earned money on fake cheese.

You're planning to fill the air with and breath in the fumes of said fake cheese!

Can you not see what you have become?! 

Arch Heretics are bound by more rules than anyone. It began with defiling the Sacred Brew with dairy products, now even pure dairy products you turn away from for the plastic ones! You're follow the Law of Entropy! You've been ensnared by the wiles of Abomination Santa who is using you to get to your minis, and has deceived you into thinking your chains are freedom! 

• Haha 8

21 minutes ago, Tripleh5133 said:

As some may have heard, Wednesday Dec. 5th has been declared a Federal Holiday & some services will be closed in honor of the late President Bush. 

I head as I was leavimg work.  While not a federal employee, my job basically supports them.  I was told as it stands, in the command shuts down for Wed., then I will jave to either take the day unpaid, or use vacation.  The other option was to work 4 10-hour days.  So I stayed late today.  Should have more details from DoD tomorrow (current guidance is from OPM)

• Like 7

43 minutes ago, Tripleh5133 said:

Interesting. I should inform my boss and insist that I get Wednesday off to properly mourn. Then time how long it takes him to remember that I am off anyway. 

Yeah, federal holidays don't make a bit of difference when your job includes caring for home bound seniors. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

I may have horrified @Cyradis today:

received_2145908339060850.thumb.jpeg.8add1a2a7ca666a965e08aac2d31733b.jpeg

For an Unholy Abomination, it's not too bad.

Just don't put it in soup and she may forgive you someday.

2 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Two words: Pumpkin Spice :devil:

Which one of the Spice Girls was she?

• Haha 12

15 hours ago, Crowley said:

*blink*

Elfing Mondays...

Yesterday was the penultimate session the Storm King's Thunder campaign, in which we arrived at the evil dragon's lair and fought... Her lawn ornaments!

IMG_20181202_140949.thumb.jpg.c912f0b983bed38d81024bcf9d69824e.jpg

Okay, so it was 30 gargoyles and some stone golems.

And then she showed up.

IMG_20181202_165401.thumb.jpg.a3c177cf9b2d37c63a45c3597190e461.jpg

Ancient dragons are scary... 

We'll be finishing up on Wednesday. :bday::down:

Funny thing was, the DM asked if I had any gargoyles. I had like 3 painted, plus some weeping angels. If I scrounge around I could put together maybe 15 or 16 figure that would work. So I slapped some paint on them all thinking "no way she'll need all of these.". :blink: I was wrong.

You realise that if you'd provided less gargoyles she probably wouldn't have needed them, right?

• Haha 9

1 hour ago, Corsair said:

Slightly off the coffee topic, but sugar goes in the iced tea, NOT the cornbread!

I prefer both Tea and Cornbread untainted with Sugar. 

• Like 4