Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

5 hours ago, haldir said:

Last night AL/LMofP session went pretty good. Considering we got a late start & only the 3 regular players showed up. To be official you need 4 but we are letting it slide like most of the AL sessions. No one really is keeping track of their character's progression & such + people just wanna play D&D. It's funny after that session of 7 people, I've struggled to get 4 people. Hopefully it's just the season.

It was mostly a ROLE-playing session with the a small battle at the end which the PCs are pretty much gonna win, as the Redbrands (local bandits) are outnumbered & cornered. Players did get quite a few leads to other adventures in the area as well. Overall a successful night of gaming.

Looking forward to tomorrow night thou, first session of Starfinder Society!!

you are actually good on the Adventure League side.  Minimum legal table size is 3 players....4 people includes the DM.

I had 4 people in my game tonight.  Dungeon of the Mad Mage.  Player got some good rolls.  I was hoping to get them with a nasty trap.  Alas, they got the reward instead.  And I messed up while describing the room.  I revealed the hidden monster.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

I tried to tell the kid that.

The manager tried to tell the kid that.

The district manager tried to tell the kid that.

I don't know if autism is at fault, or just a bad case of the stubborns, but he flat out refuses to see a doctor about it.

The kid also has a drug habit - which in no way helps his coordination and impulse control.

I hate working with the kid, he brings out every urge that I have to grab him by the shoulders and shake him, and I have, again, no clue how much of that has to do with autism/Asperger's, and how much has to do with him being a willful idiot. And then I feel bad about hating to work with him.

And trying to understand why he refuses to see a doctor for his work related injury makes my head hurt.

I very much fear that he is a willful idiot that has ASD, and that he uses his ASD to justify some really, really poor impulse control.

The Auld Grump - two of the kids in my Wednesday night game have mild ASD - getting them to interact is a challenge, but rewarding when I can manage it.

Somebody in Management needs to call for a Welfare Check on this individual.

If for no other reason than to provide a CYA for the Company.

If I were in charge he would not be permitted to return to work without a sign-off from an Ophthalmologist.

The alarm bells in my [now retired] management brain cells are all going off with a warning for a setup for a major lawsuit in the near future.

GEM

2 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Wtf! Why would they give me a blood pressure medicine that can hurt my baby!!!!

My sister had BP problems while pregnant, severe enough to require complete bed rest for the last 6 weeks of her pregnancy.

Blood Pressure is nothing to mess around with and I urge you to discuss this thoroughly with your OB/GYN.

GEM

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Tripleh5133 said:

Speaking of MEOW, it appears that either @Froggy the Great has been experimenting on their agents again, or the Wizard Most Wild, @Pezler the Polychromatic, has wild surged.

FB_IMG_1543797690705.thumb.jpg.e093fd467a14250e93ea3f2390355ca0.jpg

This is what happens when you drop too many cat's-eye opals into the aquarium.

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

4 hours ago, kristof65 said:

Based on my experience with autistic kids, it's very likely he has a very logical (to him) reason not to go to the doctor. Our understanding of that reasoning, however, is probably not forthcoming. 

It could also be the oldest one in the book, that a lot of us suffer from on occasion:

Stubborn person syndrome, with a side of "I don't like doctor's offices!!"

• Like 6

3 hours ago, LittleBluberry said:

I would suggest you ask your doctor if there's a safer alternative, or if you really need it.  High blood pressure can also be a major pregnancy risk, so it might be that the risk from the medicine is much smaller than the risk from leaving it untreated.  Most prenatal doctors will let you phone in questions like that without you necessarily needing to come in for an appointment.  (Of course if they have to take vitals then you'll have to go in.)  

I went through a similar thing with asthma inhalers.  Steroids are bad to take when you're pregnant, but not breathing is worse.  A lot of times the risk from a random medication is actually quite small, it's just that the bar for "safe to use while pregnant" is exceptionally high.  

The thing is, they took my BP after I had been freaking out over a bill. Every time I've taken my BP since it's been good. I'm just not sure I need it or that it's worth the risk.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3

So we have a small road trip scheduled for tomorrow and the next day.

I'm checking my "boot" money [cash stash] and my wife wants to know "How much mad money do you have?".

I calmly replied "It isn't mad, in fact it's not even mildly annoyed,".

GEM

• Like 3
  • Haha 10

11 hours ago, SisterMaryNapalm said:

Stop that! You should know NATO is always getting the QRA in the air the moment an unknown bomber appears over Western Europe.

*** Looks out of office window, yup we do! ***

8 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

I now the feeling.

I can sympathize, though. We had to make an unexpected trip to the ER at 5:45 this morning. I had my first meal of the day about an hour ago.

I hope all will be well with Mrs. Chaoswolf!

6 hours ago, Corsair said:

I know I am tempting the wrath of the Hounds, but is it permissible to know what WOOF stands for?

WOOF is the World Organisation Of Furballs ( Any furred creature can and should be part of our glorious movement led by the charismatic sprakly leader! Except cats...treacherous bunch)

WAF is Wolf Air Force, we use that a lot to disperse the mind controlling stroopwafels

3 hours ago, Tripleh5133 said:

Your typical WOOF agent ::P::

47423399_2026960457384166_9202477892838096896_n.jpg.f3bf5bacb5a6281cdb736433fca7e94f.jpg

dammit-moon-moon-17.jpg.64cea0d62f4234574af0a89274c19e82.jpg

SECURITY!!!!

Our training program has been breached!

How on earth was this possible!

• Like 4
  • Haha 9

7 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

*** Looks out of office window, yup we do! ***

Yeah, I know.

But as they say: it's easier to scramble an egg than to scramble a fighter jet.

• Haha 9

24 minutes ago, SisterMaryNapalm said:

Yeah, I know.

But as they say: it's easier to scramble an egg than to scramble a fighter jet.

I dunno. I think Cold War preparedness levels were something like 7 minutes from alert to airborne. I think it takes me longer than 7 minutes to make scrambled eggs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

3 hours ago, Tripleh5133 said:

:lol: my lizard would have at least one saying "stop poking me!!" As I poke at her to try and feel her move :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

2 hours ago, Unruly said:

I dunno. I think Cold War preparedness levels were something like 7 minutes from alert to airborne. I think it takes me longer than 7 minutes to make scrambled eggs.

My stove is quite powerful.

The only thing we need to compare now is how long it would take you to scramble a jet.

Edited by SisterMaryNapalm
  • Haha 7

6 hours ago, redambrosia said:
10 hours ago, LittleBluberry said:

I would suggest you ask your doctor if there's a safer alternative, or if you really need it.  High blood pressure can also be a major pregnancy risk, so it might be that the risk from the medicine is much smaller than the risk from leaving it untreated.  Most prenatal doctors will let you phone in questions like that without you necessarily needing to come in for an appointment.  (Of course if they have to take vitals then you'll have to go in.)  

I went through a similar thing with asthma inhalers.  Steroids are bad to take when you're pregnant, but not breathing is worse.  A lot of times the risk from a random medication is actually quite small, it's just that the bar for "safe to use while pregnant" is exceptionally high.  

The thing is, they took my BP after I had been freaking out over a bill. Every time I've taken my BP since it's been good. I'm just not sure I need it or that it's worth the risk.

Call/visit your Dr. and talk to him/her about this. Explain it the way you did here.

Thanks for the well wishes, everyone. With the exception of one test that they still hadn't run as of the last time I talked with my wife before I left to get some rest, everything was the way you would expect it to be for a healthy person.::):  They just wanted her to stay overnight for observation.

I hope they have done that test by now, though; my wife really doesn't like hospitals or being in them for overly long.

Edited by Chaoswolf
  • Like 17