Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

4 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Looks like the manager agrees with you - she sent him home until he gets a doctor to look at the eye.

In writing, both the sending home and the doctor's okay.

He was swearing about it as he stormed out.

The Auld Grump

Apparently he was allowed to work yesterday - with the condition that he would see a doctor before work this morning. The manager even set up the appointment.

This morning, he cancelled the appointment, took off the bandage, and tried to claim that he was fine.... <_<

Sometimes people put a lot of effort into being stupid.

The Auld Grump

• Confused 1
  • Sad 9

Maybe his reasons for avoiding medical exams are for more covert reasons. Any chance your place of work would be of any interest to the impending Zognoid invasion?

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Ah, the loverly irony of getting a map that would be perfect for the campaign that you are running... on the last day of the campaign.... <_<

Heroic Maps has a very nice Oasis Village map, absolutely perfect for the Legacy of Fire adventure path....

There is at least a 50/50 chance that we wrap the campaign tonight.... In not, probably 75/25 for next week.

Ah, well... plenty of wonderful maps for the pirates game, so I can't really complain. (No, wait! I can complain! My motto is 'better to light a single candle, and to curse the darkness!' Maybe throw in a few complaints on candle prices, while I'm at it. ::P: )

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 10

5 minutes ago, Weird-O said:

Maybe his reasons for avoiding medical exams are for more covert reasons. Any chance your place of work would be of any interest to the impending Zognoid invasion?

I think he is phobic - and bad at communicating that phobia.

Meanwhile, the manager is justifiably phobic about lawsuits.... <_<

Really, I did not get a chance to look at his eye, this morning, beyond seeing that he had taken off the bandage.

But the manager was not buying his claim of 'Ive been cured!'

The Xemu have been busy.... :rolleyes:

The Auld Grump

• Like 6

1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:

I love the sheer diabolical nature of this.  It's like hiding an Xbox in a boring plain box...

Both my kids are getting their own Nintendo Switch from their Grandparents this year.  Or rather, my mom sent me money to buy them for the kids on her behalf, which means I get to wrap them. 

Since my son would figure it out if we just wrapped the boxes as is, we not only put them in bigger boxes, we deliberately chose two different size boxes AND wrapped the larger one as my daughter's, knowing my son will at some point mention that her box is bigger than his, and possibly pout about it. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 11

46 minutes ago, Weird-O said:

Now @Weird-O, if you keep referencing this supposed "Zognoid invasion", we're just going to have to place you in the chair again. Overmaster Ooglax is most disappointed in your continued attempts to frighten the populace. Memory erasure isn't free, you know

Edited by klarg1
  • Haha 11

Quiet! If you keep this up, they'll get wise to us and string us up by our te-

*glances around nervously*

Our Human tentacles! That is the thing we have as humans, yes!

• Haha 10

16 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

Both my kids are getting their own Nintendo Switch from their Grandparents this year.  Or rather, my mom sent me money to buy them for the kids on her behalf, which means I get to wrap them. 

Since my son would figure it out if we just wrapped the boxes as is, we not only put them in bigger boxes, we deliberately chose two different size boxes AND wrapped the larger one as my daughter's, knowing my son will at some point mention that her box is bigger than his, and possibly pout about it. 

Niiice.  Hubby is getting his tomorrow, if I can find one.  Mainly because bonus pays out tomorrow, but also simply because having to work in the general madness area that is South Common is bad enough - fighting the crowds next payday will be impossible. 

So he gets his, assuming I can find one, tomorrow.  Lucky guy.  I get a Reaper order, and my own Pokeball Plus. ^_

^

• Like 6

6 hours ago, SisterMaryNapalm said:

Western Europe, he said.

You think we don't have carriers all over the Atlantic and the Mediterranean?

2 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

I love the sheer diabolical nature of this.  It's like hiding an Xbox in a boring plain box... 

21 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

My mom is a fan of this stuff.

The first rifle I ever got was wrapped in a weedeater box when I was 15. I refused to open the box for 2 hours, until my Opa came to visit and opened it for me because he knew what it was and knew I would be stubborn enough to never open it myself. At the time, I was being made to do the lawn work at my grandma's and my parent's houses, and the weedeater I used had broken at the end of the summer so it was very within the realm of possibility that they would have got me a new weedeater for Christmas. And since the box was for a weedeater that I'd never seen before, and I couldn't tell that it had been retaped, it made sense in my mind that it was actually a weedeater.

And we've got home video of when my cousin was like 6 and my mom got him a Tonka truck, but she replaced the truck in the box with a big lump of coal. She didn't bring the truck out until he actually started to cry.

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Niiice.  Hubby is getting his tomorrow, if I can find one.  Mainly because bonus pays out tomorrow, but also simply because having to work in the general madness area that is South Common is bad enough - fighting the crowds next payday will be impossible. 

So he gets his, assuming I can find one, tomorrow.  Lucky guy.  I get a Reaper order, and my own Pokeball Plus. ^_

^

My fiancee got her Christmas present yesterday. She'd been telling me she wanted some wireless earphones to use at the gym (her wireless headphones have come off before and the wire from the wired earphones had caught around her neck). I couldn't find any in the price range she was wanting to pay, so I paid a bit more to be her present...

• Like 6

Spent all day yesterday thinking today was going to be Thursday. :rolleyes:

Also took a fascinatingly large divot out of my thumb at work yesterday afternoon, with no idea how - I didn't notice it until my hand passed in front of where I was looking and my brain went, "Wait, my thumb's not supposed to be red..." 

There's a 1/16th inch-wide groove running from the corner of my fingernail about an 1/8th of an inch out to the tip of the finger, and it's about 2mm deep. I can only conclude that I accidentally carved it off on a sharp piece of dried glue while scraping it off off the boxmaker's glue machine. Currently filled in with superglue and wrapped with medical tape until the weekend to prevent further annoyance.

Further annoyance has occurred, however, in the form of not being able to set up my wireless router since the internet keeps insisting it can't find tplinkwifi.net at this particular time, but suggests it might be there later, feh... :zombie:  If I can't find your damn site, how am I supposed to sign in to set up the damn router? Grrr...

EDIT:

In much cooler news, if they can make this thing telepathic and get it to shoot laser beams from its eyes, they'll have recreated one of my old Gamma World characters...

MIT Researchers create cyborg houseplant that moves on its own

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

Must be the season. Just bought my wife’s Christmas gift, a small hydroponic not-greenhouse thing. She’s been wanting an indoor herb garden, so this would fit the bill. Hopefully.

Now, youngsters gather close. Wisdom is about to be passed along. Take out that wonderful invention you have nearby, called a smart phone if I recall, and prepare to use it. You probably have some ability to make notes with it, and I would wager you have it close at hand nearly all the time. Right now, open up that and start a gift list note for those you love. During the year, write down what they have admired, but have not yet succumbed to commercial pleasures. That means “bought themselves”, you see. Now come the time to gift, birthday coming up maybe, pull out that little device and look up what you done wrote. Keep it current and you will never be short of things to give to ‘em.

• Like 10

I love the ideas about wrapping the toys in the PJs! Unfortunately, she had already wrapped those and the toys separately. I WILL remember this for next year though! MWAHAHAHAHA!

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Well, the bandage was off of his eye this morning - so it is also possible that I was overly concerned - but with or without a bandage, not seeing a doctor with an eye injury is just plain dumb.

Maybe it hit his eyelid. But....

The manager was concerned ehough that she called in the district manager - but I don't think we can force the kid to see a doctor. <_<

Now I am wondering if he is phobic about seeing a doctor, or about not having insurance. He still lives with his parents - legally an adult, but under 21.

Me, I'm phobic about things happening to my eyes. I'd be more worried about going blind than going broke.

The Auld Grump

8 hours ago, kristof65 said:

Same here. I can't even wear contacts because I'm sensitive about my eyes.  And you can come back from being broke a lot easier than coming back from being blind. 

Same here, I have low pigmentation in my retinas and hence am susceptible to UV damage. I will eventually go blind naturally if I live long enough, don't want to hasten the inevitable. 

• Like 4

So good news/bad news:

Good News: My wife is home and healthy.Sort of...

Bad News:  (I wasn't there for this part, or else I would have asked a metric butt-ton of questions. My wife just listened, signed what she was asked to sign, and received the documentation that the Dr. gave her) She had a T.I.A. (Transient Ischemic Attack), AKA warning stroke, or mini stroke. My wife is going to set up a follow up appointment with our Doctor to get more info, and see what's next.

• Like 3
  • Sad 12