Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

26 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

So good news/bad news:

Good News: My wife is home and healthy.Sort of...

Bad News:  (I wasn't there for this part, or else I would have asked a metric butt-ton of questions. My wife just listened, signed what she was asked to sign, and received the documentation that the Dr. gave her) She had a T.I.A. (Transient Ischemic Attack), AKA warning stroke, or mini stroke. My wife is going to set up a follow up appointment with our Doctor to get more info, and see what's next.

Good to hear she's okay and got you to keep an eye on her.  (Obviously not 'liking' that she's got a health issue.)  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:
54 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

So good news/bad news:

Bad News:  (I wasn't there for this part, or else I would have asked a metric butt-ton of questions. My wife just listened, signed what she was asked to sign, and received the documentation that the Dr. gave her) She had a T.I.A. (Transient Ischemic Attack), AKA warning stroke, or mini stroke. My wife is going to set up a follow up appointment with our Doctor to get more info, and see what's next.

Good to hear she's okay and got you to keep an eye on her.  (Obviously not 'liking' that she's got a health issue.)  

Yeah, conflicted about what smiley to use. Glad she's ok but that's not a good thing to have to deal with. Hoping everything will work out for the best. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

So good news/bad news:

Blood thinners/anti clotting agents are next, expect to see the word "clopidogrel" somewhere on the paperwork. And she can't take Prilosec and the like anymore if they do put her on clopidogrel. My step mother had a retinal artery occlusion (basically a stroke in her  left eye) several years ago and we have been through the whole stroke risk regiment. I wish you and your wife the best. 

58 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Edited by FaekiasDracon
Fixing double post as best as the phone will let me.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Must be the season. Just bought my wife’s Christmas gift, a small hydroponic not-greenhouse thing. She’s been wanting an indoor herb garden, so this would fit the bill. Hopefully.

My mom acted like that. So 5 years ago I bought her an Aero Garden 3-pod unit. It was one of these.51rOa1t8w0L._AC_SY400_.jpg.a8e721b363e9ec259ddd07ff517b7a5d.jpg

The newer versions of it look a lot different, more square with a flat top full of LEDs. But needless to say, I bought her one. It was something she wanted, because she wanted to grow a few herbs in her kitchen year round. What did she do with it? She used it once, for about a week, and then complained to me that it was "too noisy" and "she could hear it through the whole house." The thing was no louder than a small fish tank! You had a slight hum and a trickle of water. That was it. Even after I moved it from the kitchen to the back room of the basement she still told me she could hear it, which I know was total BS because I couldn't hear it and I've got way better hearing than she does.

As far as I know, she threw it out or gave it away not long after she got it. It made me mad. I got it for her because she specifically said she wanted something like it, and all she did was complain about it and then toss it.

Edited by Unruly
  • Like 2
  • Sad 5

15 hours ago, Unruly said:

I've got a buddy who flew the A-6 Intruder and EA-6 Prowler in the 80's, and another who's a professional chef. Get me access to an American aircraft carrier with enough crew to run the catapults, either of those two jets, and a stocked kitchen. Then we can see if my one friend gets to 5000 feet before the other can finish making scrambled eggs.

It'd be an interesting experiment, to say the least.

When I were a wee young lad and a fantom fixer [Navy F-4j] the ready fighter was on a 3 minute go cycle.

Engines hot, locked and loaded on one of the waist cats, mission would be fed over radio/headphones as the cat was steamed up [pre-nuclear carrier, fuel oil to heat the steam boilers and run all the heavy machinery].  Any last minute instructions would be given after launch to a flaming rocket in full miltary power [afterburners lighting up the sky].  Stealth mode?  Watch the Roman Candle as it gets closer to its target.  Nobody had stealth mode.

GEM

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

Spent all day yesterday thinking today was going to be Thursday. :rolleyes:

It is Thursday. You’re on Aussie time Jack.::D:

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Corsair said:

I love the ideas about wrapping the toys in the PJs! Unfortunately, she had already wrapped those and the toys separately. I WILL remember this for next year though! MWAHAHAHAHA!

You could rewrap everything.

GEM

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

You could rewrap everything.

GEM

We have 12 g-nieces and nephew. Ain't gonna happen....... :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

4 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

So good news/bad news:

Oh, that's what happened to my husband last year. It was scary AF! I'm glad your wife will be getting the care she needs!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

So good news/bad news:

My wife had one a few years ago as well.  I hope yours recovers fully.

Do be aware that some effects even of a "minor" stroke can go unnoticed and have ripples years down the road.   Personality and skills changes are possible and you have to be in tune with who she is now, not who you originally got to know.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

So the plan is to hook up laser cannons to the cyborg houseplants so that they can defend us from the Zognoids? Sounds good to me. 

Although if the Zognoids are the source of the Dominos Noid from the 80s, them and me got a score to settle....

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

13 hours ago, SisterMaryNapalm said:

Due to another, more or less sudden change of post, I had to move on short notice. Haven't found a rentable apartment yet, so I am living in a dormitory for now. Don't have a fridge there, so I thought I had to drink the milk I bought in a very short time. But nope, no problem. It's cold enough for just putting it outside the window and enjoy a cold choclate drink afterwards. Awesome.

I hope there wasn't a fire or something?

You alright?

7 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

So good news/bad news:

That's scary.

Most people will recover and can go on without a problem, just make sure to take the proper meds and follow Doctor's advice.

Sometimes there might be changes in personality or abilities even after a while.

I wish you both luck and I'm crossing my fingers that it won't happen again.

3 hours ago, Marvin said:

Oh night 

Diviiiiiiine

Ohhh night 

Tyrannasaurs

44554A0B-17E1-4488-959D-1530330AE631.jpeg.2401293c40203892b7349a04cb3d7d3e.jpeg

image.png.d659c8893275aacd7fbe3feb2577ace1.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3